if i can make 7% monday i won't complain or 30% next month:P
    That's the spirit
    01-18-13 08:09 AM
    T - 10 seconds
    Activate main engine hydrogen burnoff system
    T - 6 seconds - Main engine start
    T-0
    Solid rocket booster ignition and liftoff!
    01-18-13 08:30 AM
    Nothing new here guys, but here's TDAmeritrade's update from DJN:

MARKET TALK: Jefferies Says RIM To Allow BBM on iPhone, Androids
    Last update: 1/18/2013 8:30:58 AM
    8:30 EST - Research In Motion (RIMM) shares jumped 6.91% to $15.95 premarket trading after a note from Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said the BlackBerry maker will allow BlackBerry email and messaging known as BBM on iPhones and Android devices. The note indicated that this change is unknown, or not well understood, but suggests it could lead to licensing deals. Jefferies raised its price target 50% to $19.50-31% above yesterday's closing price. RIMM was not immediately available to comment. RIMM last finished above $15.80 on Feb 9. ([email protected])
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires
    January 18, 2013 08:30 ET (13:30 GMT)
    01-18-13 08:51 AM
    Feeling incredibly smug for buying in Sept at $6.21CAD...
    01-18-13 09:16 AM
    I wish I did. I wasn't sure it has hit rock bottom at that point. I jummped in at low 8's so I'm happy.
    01-18-13 09:36 AM
    That's even lower than the $8.92 I bought at & I thought I bought low!
    01-18-13 09:38 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    its going to be an amazing year for RIM!....
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-18-13 09:42 AM
    Questions one should ask
    1. Why does he spend so much time getting interviewed in the media Answer: marketing to the retail investor
    2. Why does he so frequently change his position on a stock Answer: he likes does not do any primary research rather looks for thematic stocks he can jump into and make a name for himself on
    3. Why does his sentiment swing to the extreme Answer: it gets him noticed, right or wrong, he gets noticed and lets be honest everyone forgets about all the mistakes he has made
    01-18-13 10:00 AM
    Did I just feel a disturbance in The Force? The insanity level is getting crazy and still 12 days to launch. If any of Misek's quote posted by OP is true this is a game changer. Wow! or Duh? I no longer know what to believe. Has anyone actually posted how good the phone part of a BB10 Z10 smartphone device is? By next week BB10 will allow you to perform neurosurgery via BBM video while you design an low earth orbit satellite launcher in another screen with your thumb. Rocket Surgery is available for $0.99 on App World starting 23 January. Available for BB10 at launch will be the prima ballerina / theoretical physicist expansion pack; free for early adopters.

[Don't. Don't. Don't Believe the Hype.] I just want something solid to replace my 9780!
    HUNTZODIAC and Dapper37 like this.
    01-18-13 10:05 AM
    lucky **** hole, i expected it to drop a bit lower but it went up
    01-18-13 10:14 AM
    I believe it is $75 per user on Mobile Fusion that is using BYOD? Correct me if I'm wrong.

That'd be a great fee for BBM usage
    01-18-13 10:31 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    even those that buy now will be rewarded in the months ahead ...
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-18-13 10:31 AM
    By next week BB10 will allow you to perform neurosurgery via BBM video while you design an low earth orbit satellite launcher in another screen with your thumb. Rocket Surgery is available for $0.99 on App World starting 23 January. Available for BB10 at launch will be the prima ballerina / theoretical physicist expansion pack; free for early adopters.
    Oh man, I swear I laughed clear and loud: hilarious!
    BTW : what's the vendors' names ?

Now, for the phone part ... I believe the perfs will overpass current BB devices.
    01-18-13 10:42 AM
    if i can make 7% monday i won't complain or 30% next month:P
    That latter hope might be a little optimistic, surely things are going to calm down just after launch while the markets wait to see how well sales are going?
    01-18-13 10:44 AM
    That latter hope might be a little optimistic, surely things are going to calm down just after launch while the markets wait to see how well sales are going?
    Unless there is more analyst upgrades before launch...
    01-18-13 11:02 AM
    Misek report - the part we missed. RIMM outcome, long term, will either be $56 a share or $0 a share:

Misek now thinks there is a close to 30% chance of BB10 being a success, higher than he previously believed, which might put the stock in the neighborhood of a $56 valuation. Scenario number two, a �take-under,� would come about if BB10 should fail, which he gives a 25% chance. And scenario number three, the most likely, with 45% probability, is that �BB10 fails, no acquisition, and continued cash burn leads the stock toward $0.�

As Misek puts it, �The weighted probability of these scenarios equals our new $19.50 target.�
    RIMM: Jefferies Ups to Buy on Improving BB10 Support, �Fusion� Prospects - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    01-18-13 11:16 AM
    Unless there is more analyst upgrades before launch...
    or upgrade becasue of the launch because the potential earning is much greater then investers originally thought. we've only seen pieces of the entire platform and yet to see a legit N series, we have speculated that the leaked photos are just the dev alpha C but we still have no concrete evidence.
    01-18-13 11:21 AM
    In other words, he really went out on a limb . Seriously, all analysts can be ignored at this point. They are not telling us anything we don't know. They have no way to model a proper share price for RIM because they have no idea how many BB10 phones will be sold this year, let alone the next 5 years. Nor do they know how much service revenue RIM will be making. Look at the fool who has a $1,111 price target for AAPL - ask him how many iPhones and iPads Apple has to sell in the next few years to make that share price a reality - trust me, he has no idea. With all due respect to our friends Chris U, all analysts are overpaid for the useless commentary they provide.
    01-18-13 11:29 AM
    Little by little even the most cantankerous of naysayers are changing their tune.

To save face perhaps.
    01-18-13 11:39 AM
    Misek report - the part we missed. RIMM outcome, long term, will either be $56 a share or $0 a share:

RIMM: Jefferies Ups to Buy on Improving BB10 Support, ‘Fusion’ Prospects - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    He also said BB10 is as good or better than Jelly Bean and possibly equal to iOS6. He'll be on CNBC at 2PM today so it should be interesting to see what he says.
    W Hoa likes this.
    01-18-13 11:49 AM
    I'm kicking myself for not gobbling up a thousand shares when it was around $6. If the $20 target is accurate, I could have tripled my investment... D@MN IT!!
    01-18-13 01:00 PM
    He also said BB10 is as good or better than Jelly Bean and possibly equal to iOS6. He'll be on CNBC at 2PM today so it should be interesting to see what he says.
    Just "equal" to iOS 6? Really?
    01-18-13 01:01 PM
    In the words of Bart Simpson...."eat my shorts". They are done for!!!!!!
    01-18-13 01:05 PM
    Just "equal" to iOS 6? Really?
    Looking at who it's coming from, that's a pretty huge statement.
    01-18-13 01:11 PM
    I have been thinking about BBM for iOS and Android only in a BES environment for a while. It's brilliant, think about it; corporate iPhone user comes home from work and can't stop talking about how good BBM is on his iPhone. His wife asks him why she doesn't see BBM in the iTunes store, and he says 'for regular users you need a Blackberry for BBM'. What's even better is that if she buys a Blackberry, she would not be able to BBM her husband's iPhone because his BES BBM would probably only work for BES contacts, he would have to complete the circle and buy a BlackBerry himself if he wanted to BBM his wife's personal BlackBerry and his work contacts. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. This only works if RIM makes BBM experience for corporate iphone and android users really really good.
    01-18-13 01:15 PM
116 1234 ...