Misek at work again ... fasten your seat belts, whether he's right or not.(the point is not to discuss it ... but the effect it will have)
    StreetInsider.com - Jefferies Upgrades RIM (RIMM) to Buy, Boosts PT; Getting Mega-Bullish on BB10

Research In Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM) is ticking higher early as Jefferies upgraded the stock from Hold to Buy while raising its price target from $13 to $19.50. Analyst Peter Misek noted that RIM's new BlackBerry 10 operating system will enable corporate email on Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) iPhone and Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) Android devices. He notes that the market is unaware of this change, or may have been overlooking it.

RIM is also likely to add bring-your-own-device (BYOD) sandboxing, with BlackBerry Messenger on iOS and Android.
    Oh my ...

Edit/Note : Thanks to first responses, it is accurate to believe he's talking about BES environment only.

Update thanks to bungaboy
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle7509233/

More bombs ...

“Our checks indicate that the carriers have agreed to volume commitments for the first two quarters post-launch,”

Our checks indicate that BB10 builds have been raised from 500,000/month in early December to 1 million to 2 million/month,” he added in his report.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-18-13 at 09:45 AM.
    01-18-13 06:07 AM
    The wording suggests that it would be for Mobile Fusion enterprise customers. Maybe not for everyone?

Anyone, I can't believe that this guy (of all people) is jumping on the RIM bandwagon!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-18-13 06:12 AM
    I could see them doing that for Mobile Fusion customers. It could be their "killer app" to encourage adoption of their MDM solution vs. others.
    01-18-13 06:18 AM
    The wording suggests that it would be for Mobile Fusion enterprise customers. Maybe not for everyone?
    Anyone, I can't believe that this guy (of all people) is jumping on the RIM bandwagon!
    Within the BES environment, this will make full sense, and I must say I'd applause that, better than in an overall cross-platform approach.
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    FlashFlare11 and 00stryder like this.
    01-18-13 06:19 AM
    Yup the BBM for mobile fusion would be a genius move...not free for the average consumer though.
    01-18-13 06:20 AM
    its a big time rumor !!
    bbm is a big thing (very big )...bigger than bb10 !!
    if such thing happens it will happen a while after 30 jan...as they cant overshadow bb10 release !!
    01-18-13 06:21 AM
    Within the BES environment, this will make full sense, and I must say I'd applause that, better than in an overall cross-platform approach.
    i made that suggestion about BBM being cross platform for BES services that offer a BYOD type of thing with both android and iOS, i guess the possibility of this happening may be coming. damn i'm good or maybe RIM employees read the boards and liked my genius :P

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-bes10-756868/
    zyben likes this.
    01-18-13 06:28 AM
    Just had a look at the premarket quotes, and RIMM has jumped to 15.90, from yesterday's close of 14.91.

Could this be the Misek effect? I hope not, as this would give him way too much power.
    01-18-13 06:29 AM
    No problem!
    I like this much better than offering BBM for consumers of the other platforms. Really, BBM is the only secure solution in this kind of environment and is definitely an incentive for companies to switch to Mobile Fusion over other MDMs.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-18-13 06:32 AM
    The f*** did I just read
    01-18-13 06:36 AM
    the stock is trading on speculative optimism right now. Any news (positive or negative) will acutely affect share price movement. So yes, this 'news' is probably the catalyst for the big pre-market jump this morning.
    No problem!
    I like this much better than offering BBM for consumers of the other platforms. Really, BBM is the only secure solution in this kind of environment and is definitely an incentive for companies to switch to Mobile Fusion over other MDMs.
    thats what i said also, BBM is a great comunication tool and since it will offer video calling and voice calling it may possibly be one of the best tools for a corperation
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    Mixed feelings about this.

On a purely emotional level, it's gratifying (and faintly amusing) to see uber-skeptic Misek becoming a #bb10believer.

As an investor, though, I'm actually getting a little worried about volatility in advance of the launch, not to mention concerned that Misek's "conversion" may lead many to an unreasonable expectation. I'd way rather see a 15% jump post-launch on exceeded expectations (if that makes any sense at all).
    01-18-13 06:44 AM
    This BB10 launch is creating a monster! I dislike Misek and don't trust him, but he put his ballz out today!!
    01-18-13 06:52 AM

On a purely emotional level, it's gratifying (and faintly amusing) to see uber-skeptic Misek becoming a #bb10believer.

As an investor, though, I'm actually getting a little worried about volatility in advance of the launch, not to mention concerned that Misek's "conversion" may lead many to an unreasonable expectation. I'd way rather see a 15% jump post-launch on exceeded expectations (if that makes any sense at all).
    there is some possibility but many expect RIM to fall, to see this makes people see that there is still life in the company, and a smart invester will see that it doesn't have to be the best to be profitable, either way its time for me to go to the bank and but a few thousand shares
    djrupey likes this.
    01-18-13 06:52 AM

Makes perfect sense!!
    This is becoming huge! The shorts are in for a ride today!!
    Last edited by FanBlackBerrytastic; 01-18-13 at 07:15 AM.
    01-18-13 06:56 AM
    Wasn't this already known? RIM had a job posting for an advanced IOS developer awhile back.

It's difficult to find a problem offering BBM through BES, they reach into other devices, get paid for the product/support adoption of BES10 . Next up: BBM Desktop?
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-18-13 07:11 AM
    Wasn't this already known? RIM had a job posting for an advanced IOS developer awhile back.

It's difficult to find a problem offering BBM through BES, they reach into other devices, get paid for the product/support adoption of BES10 . Next up: BBM Desktop?
    It became clear that RIM wanted iOS developers to work on a Balance client, but few were even considering that BBM might be part of the package (with the notable exception of GTiLeo, who was speculating on that very thing a couple of months ago).
    01-18-13 07:27 AM
    Just had a look at the premarket quotes, and RIMM has jumped to 15.90, from yesterday's close of 14.91.

Could this be the Misek effect? I hope not, as this would give him way too much power.
    Misek is a market maker. What he says carries a lot of weight.

Also:

"Our checks indicate that the carriers have agreed to volume commitments for the first two quarters post-launch," said Misek, who also boosted his price target on the stock to $19.50 from $13.
    01-18-13 07:42 AM
    holy... they impressed a market hater... way to go BlackBerry and their marketing team.
    01-18-13 07:45 AM
    Misek is a market maker. What he says carries a lot of weight.

Also:
    the fact that carriers have a volume commitiment shows that carriers are goign to be pushign these devices, RIM and BB10 FTW
    01-18-13 07:45 AM
    FYI : stock broke $16 in premarket ...
    01-18-13 07:56 AM
    crap i really have to get to the bank lol
    bbmtna likes this.
    01-18-13 07:57 AM
    Too late perhaps! Or at least you've failed to win 7% this morning already.
    01-18-13 08:01 AM
    Too late perhaps! Or at least you've failed to win 7% this morning already.
    if i can make 7% monday i won't complain or 30% next month:P
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-18-13 08:07 AM
116 123 ...