Even if by some chance it happened, it would still be an uphill battle just to get ppl to believe in the brand , BlackBerries, and now - BlackBerry....the carrier. A lot of credibility has been lost and somehow needs to be regained before a move like this. Some business moves out of "perceived" desperation only makes the situation worse. So, the carriers aren't really pushing the devices. So, we'll become our own carrier then they will have to buy our BlackBerries? Nah, as much as I want BlackBerry to remain relevant.........this scenario reminds me of the farmer allowing the foxes to guard the chicken coops.
    08-14-13 07:47 AM
    Let me explain it this way...

The Highway 407 ETR is a transportation route, specifically a roadway, for motor vehicles. This ties in with the 'Motors" part of General Motors. If the motor vehicles of any manufacturer is permitted access to Highway 407 ETR, the user base increases significantly rather than limiting access to only the motor vehicles offered by General Motors. This ties in with the 'General' part of General Motors. Hence General Motors buying and operating the Highway 407 ETR in the Province of Ontario, Canada, makes financial sense. Sponsor's Message: This message brought to you by the residents of "Sesame Street".
    LOL. I think Heins uses much the same reasoning for "mobile computing". QNX is in automobiles. This ties in with the "mobile" part of Heins' vision. BB10 is an operating system for smartphones from which users can do "computing".
    08-14-13 07:54 AM
    LOL. I think Heins uses much the same reasoning for "mobile computing". QNX is in automobiles. This ties in with the "mobile" part of Heins' vision. BB10 is an operating system for smartphones from which users can do "computing".
    Damn you. I laughed as I read your response.
    08-14-13 10:13 AM
    Private networking. That would be my first guess. Maybe there own MPLS network?
    NSA is definitely in on that.
    08-14-13 07:05 PM
    I think the reason would be to have direct access to cell information update. IS pushing, eprom, ect. The piggy back of signals via cell providers worldwide is possible this way. IMHO,

Posted via CB10
    James Nieves likes this.
    08-14-13 07:33 PM
    08-15-13 08:26 AM
    I think you nailed it.

Posted via CB from my LE
    08-15-13 08:33 AM
    Actually I was hoping BlackBerry would become their own carrier... but that won't happen...

Would have been cool if they bought tmobile or something...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 08:41 AM
33 12