Read this on another site, our friends at BlackBerryos.

BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry Theme Builder 7 To Launch Before the End Of Q2?

It says:
    "The excellent theme designers of Hedone Design have let us in on a tip that Alec Saunders, VP developers relations at RIM, has told them that Theme Builder 7 should be expected to launch around the end of Q2 (month of June)! This is great news for not only theme developers, but for theme fans everywhere. No more half completed themes in App World, and now added support for all the recently launched devices since 2012. If you are a theme dev, get prepared and start getting your icons and wallpapers ready for the new Theme Builder 7 software!"
    04-24-12 11:45 AM
    I don't think so. Second, around June? Maybe July. Many of the NA models with 7/7.1 have already reached EOL with their respective providers. The 9850/60 I think on all. By June? I can simply not imagine many will be making 7.0/7.1 themes in June/July with BB10 expected to launch immediately thereafter. Theme studio has historically and should launch prior to or immediately after release of a device - not 6-7 months later. No excuse. If things were not already so otherwise f-d up, this would be a bigger deal. The fact that there's not a daily ticker on the front page of CB, or some other reminder is a testament to how badly RIMM has messed up. I guess by tomorrow we'll have a better idea of direction.
    04-24-12 01:57 PM
    Really? June? Those phones were launched last August and shown to the public even before that. What the are they doing over there?

Oh thats right, making another overlapping Curve model and forgetting they still have a bunch of OS 5/6 models on the market. Ridiculous.
    04-24-12 02:02 PM
    Well people are still going to have those phones for awhile. So better late than never.
    04-24-12 02:33 PM
    RIM will release TB when RIM straightens out the 7.XX OS
    They could easily release a WORKING TB right now.

EDIT: I could release a working TB right now IF they had a uniform OS.

Every OS version is different & therefore leads to HUGE bugs when switching form device to device or even OS version to version.

Liquid graphics my .

RIM hasn't released this because the OS has FAR to much variance form one to another. The bricking issue was a big player in this IMO.
    04-24-12 02:42 PM
    I wonder if it will even support the 9850/9860. We are already seeing carriers
    EOL the 9850.

To little too late? Again?

Tim
    04-24-12 04:18 PM
    After seeing RIM in action its a pretty safe bet they probably forgot they had to add it in there. At the very least it will be good for the 9900 and 9810 though
    04-24-12 04:25 PM
    After seeing RIM in action its a pretty safe bet they probably forgot they had to add it in there. At the very least it will be good for the 9900 and 9810 though
    As a 9810 owner, this is good news for me. I loved the theme "SuperTilt" that I had on my 9800. It will be great if slgta makes one for OS7 phones.
    04-24-12 06:44 PM
    any news ? update on this ????
    07-21-12 09:05 AM
    Where the h3ll is it?

If they can't support the phones they are already selling and have sold than I have NO faith in RIM doing better with BB10 (which is a stupid name for the new OS)

If they cancel it, I will film myself tossing all my BB phones out the window and walking
    in and buying a new, non-BB phone.

Enough is enough!

Someone said "better late than never".

That should be RIMs new slogan.

Tim
    07-22-12 09:19 AM
    Makes no sense to waste resources on a theme builder for BB7 at this point in time. Honestly RIM.
    07-22-12 06:50 PM
    Makes no sense to waste resources on a theme builder for BB7 at this point in time. Honestly RIM.
    I disagree. Right now RIM has millions of OS7 devices in the marketplace.They are still releasing these devices in markets all over the world. Not all of those devices will migrate to BB10 so there is definitely reason for providing those users (via themers) the same ability to customize their devices as was present for all previous OSs.

When RIM stops providing basic support and tools to current iterations of their OSs user will start to feel as if RIM is abandoning them. A great many will respond in kind. Defections are one thing RIM cannot afford and especially not for such a stupid reason.
    07-22-12 08:01 PM
    RIM said they will continue to support BB7. With the resources more focused on BB10, TS 7 will come when it does. There are plenty of devs who are excellent at hand coding themes for BB7 devices. And this is coming come from a former theme dev.
    I'll need time to refresh myself with coding. TB7 should be able to make it easier IMHO. I for one, personally, can wait for whenever it's released.
    07-22-12 08:13 PM
    Enough of the rumours just release the thing.
    janeka likes this.
    07-22-12 08:44 PM
    I disagree. Right now RIM has millions of OS7 devices in the marketplace.They are still releasing these devices in markets all over the world. Not all of those devices will migrate to BB10 so there is definitely reason for providing those users (via themers) the same ability to customize their devices as was present for all previous OSs.

When RIM stops providing basic support and tools to current iterations of their OSs user will start to feel as if RIM is abandoning them. A great many will respond in kind. Defections are one thing RIM cannot afford and especially not for such a stupid reason.
    Like they been doing us all these years...
    07-22-12 08:53 PM
    Like they been doing us all these years...
    Well, yeah but they got to learn some time.

My point simply was that right NOW OS7 is their current OS and will be for at least 6 months. There is zero downside to them getting this tool in the hands of theme developers.

There is however considerable upside, the least of which is the possibility of renewed interest in OS7, which will in turn only help BB10 when it is released.

Releasing the tool is a win-win
    Not releasing / delaying the tool is just myopically boneheaded.
    07-22-12 09:17 PM
    Well, yeah but they got to learn some time.

My point simply was that right NOW OS7 is their current OS and will be for at least 6 months. There is zero downside to them getting this tool in the hands of theme developers.

There is however considerable upside, the least of which is the possibility of renewed interest in OS7, which will in turn only help BB10 when it is released.

Releasing the tool is a win-win
    Not releasing / delaying the tool is just myopically boneheaded.
    I have no doubt in RIM here...i am pro-RIM. But the one thing that has made the BlackBerry platform so different from iOS, Android and WP7 was themes and RIM hung those devs out there who was in the theme market out there to dry that killed RIM dearly. After this release next question will be is BB10 going to have themes.
    07-22-12 09:23 PM
    I am just going to go on the assumption that when RIM speaks of developer relations that theme developers (and the tools they need) are in that mix. Like everything else BB10 we will have to stay tuned
    07-22-12 09:35 PM
    I say, that all of us (Crackberrian theme lovers) go to RIM HQ, storm the front doors and demand TB7 be released yesterday!!!! That's what I say!!!
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-22-12 09:39 PM
    i don't get why it matters to have a theme builder, i mean sure its cool but tehre are plenty of themes out there already for those that want to code their own
    07-22-12 09:45 PM
    i don't get why it matters to have a theme builder, i mean sure its cool but tehre are plenty of themes out there already for those that want to code their own
    It matters because with OS7 & OS7.1 a great many of the themes out there that were built using Theme Builder 6 seriously pooch the devices. This would not be an issue with themes built using the appropriate tool for the appropriate OS.
    07-22-12 09:54 PM
    themes have done that even when being made for the right devices
    07-22-12 10:27 PM

Full and total access . It takes alot more work and some guess work when using a simulator.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    07-23-12 05:10 AM
    I hope they'll release this thing soon. It would also backup some confidance that this ongoing "We'll keep supporting OS 7.x" talk can be taken for real.
    07-23-12 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD