Not sure how reliable this is... but I am hearing that BB10 will be debuted in May at BB World.

Not allowed to submit links.. but it is on Cantechletter .com

-Freeze
    bluetroll likes this.
    03-16-12 01:46 PM
    Hmm, says May 1, I guess we'll see. Why no link? (I did find it on the website)
    03-16-12 02:15 PM
    03-16-12 02:27 PM
    when at the airport in north carolina, i stopped in at a BB store ( was my first time seeing one ). the employee said this, but since i had no link to post and only a story to tell, i didn't bother.

he said they wanted it to be available in may to coincide with a new apple phone. he said they were probably going to be delayed due to a chip or battery issue and would likely be available to purchase in sept.

i'm sure i've read that info here before previously, though, so i didnt post.
    03-16-12 02:55 PM
    i just think that it would be a good time since Blackberry world is in may. Though i think it will just be a preview. perhaps some screenshots. the actual release will still be late 2012 imo.
    03-16-12 03:19 PM
    My prediction is you'll see some very limited demos of BB10 (which will probably be comprised of yet more TAT demos). I expect to see teasers at the most, and those not very much different from what has already been demoed in the past. After all... RIM needs to demo something at BBW without committing, or giving away, too much.

IMHO, RIM will hold back as much of BB10 as possible so that when they do release their first BB10 phone it'll be a huge marketing event. But that has to wait until they are 100% ready to announce and release their first BB10 device. The last thing RIM wants to do now is announce too early, and then get criticized for delaying yet again.

Sure, many sites will speculate or outright guess at what will be unveiled at BBW, but the speculation will most likely be clouded or tainted with anticipation.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-16-12 03:19 PM
    Haven't they announced that they were doing this at BB World anyway?
    03-16-12 03:24 PM
    I thought they may have, but I tried looking for a link, think it was also a rumour. Can't wait to see if it is true or not though.
    03-16-12 03:31 PM
    Not sure how reliable this is... but I am hearing that BB10 will be debuted in May at BB World.

Not allowed to submit links.. but it is on Cantechletter .com

-Freeze
    that would be awesome. im gona switch carriers around then and what perfect timing this would be! fingers crossed
    rleo25 likes this.
    03-16-12 03:46 PM
    That's old news. They stated at CES that BB10 would debut in May
    03-16-12 04:08 PM
    Man, it was said by some in here that it would be demo's at MWC....lol we see how that turned out. I don't wanna keep getting teased with TAT demos. Honestly I would rather them just wait for a huge event for them to unveil it when its close enough to being ready.
    03-16-12 04:39 PM
    Man, it was said by some in here that it would be demo's at MWC....lol we see how that turned out. I don't wanna keep getting teased with TAT demos. Honestly I would rather them just wait for a huge event for them to unveil it when its close enough to being ready.
    RIM never announced they will demo it at MWC. They said they would demo it at BB World...
    03-16-12 04:58 PM
    They said they would demo it at BB World...
    They did?

10char
    03-16-12 05:01 PM
    They did?

10char
    Oops, I meant May however BB World just so happens to be in May...
    03-16-12 06:04 PM
    RIM never announced they will demo it at MWC. They said they would demo it at BB World...
    RIM Not Showing Hardware at Mobile World Congress but will Show BB10 OS - BlackBerry Empire

Also, stated by CX himself:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ml#post7049952

Read post #22 in the above thread

Things change...I'm not denying that...just saying that it was known that at one point RIM planned on showing it off at MWC
    9of13 likes this.
    03-16-12 08:11 PM
    They will have to show something, hardware or OS, or feel the bleed on the markets the next day.
    03-16-12 08:47 PM
    Apparently BB10 Jam Zone (which run concurrently with BB World) will show off capabilities of BB10. I am not sure if that includes the cascades-qt framework or just more demo's...
    03-16-12 10:53 PM
    I could of swore that we have already been told that BBWorld was going to show us BB10??? isnt it on their website or something?
    03-16-12 11:04 PM
    In MAY?!?!? Hmm.... Our beloved current blackberries will still work and we'll still LOVE THEM.

This is super wicked awesome. I cannot wait to see live videos of this. If it's true. I await the time I get to try out the new devices in that rogers store at the toronto eaton centre.
    03-17-12 01:27 AM
    Oh I hope it is true eh!!
    03-17-12 01:30 AM
    I could of swore that we have already been told that BBWorld was going to show us BB10??? isnt it on their website or something?
    I thought I saw this as well!
    03-17-12 07:57 AM
    In the meantime, which can be longer than expected, an OS upgrade is needed, please folks let's make this an universal claim to RIM's management !!!
    03-17-12 08:51 AM
    And at some point in the future someone will post a rant on how BB10 devices aren't being released in May. All based on misquoted rumours, misunderstandings of what RIM actually announced, and/or fabrications. All based on a conversation at an airport terminal or a misquoted quote.
    Pulling a chair and grabbing a beer.....
    diegonei, spike12 and Barljo like this.
    03-17-12 09:01 AM

IMHO, RIM will hold back as much of BB10 as possible so that when they do release their first BB10 phone it'll be a huge marketing event. But that has to wait until they are 100% ready to announce and release their first BB10 device. The last thing RIM wants to do now is announce too early, and then get criticized for delaying yet again.

Sure, many sites will speculate or outright guess at what will be unveiled at BBW, but the speculation will most likely be clouded or tainted with anticipation.
    I disagree...RIM needs to give as much information out as possible. There is not enough general interest in bb right now that "teasing" would be am edfextive marketing plan. If they tease, people will forget, lose interest and buy something else before bb10 comes out. RIM is no Android or Apple...people keep a close eye on all the latter two do, but can't say the same for RIM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-17-12 11:34 AM
    Good stuff
    03-17-12 04:11 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD