The only reason I got the storm was because ived always had a BB and obviously ended upgrading to a storm2 not because it resembled an iphone so get your facts straight the only thing keeping me around is bbm now to be honest. I'm still a BB addict but that's until the storm3 comes out and disappoint me. Although I hate the iphone.. I'm going to say this.. If the iphone drops in Verizon you will see atleast 65% of BB users in Verizon switch (not me since ived spoken a lot of crap about it to my friends) and you might say who care let all those people switch but trust me RIM cares... Any business person would
    03-24-10 04:12 PM
    I know several people (who are not tech heads) who are dissapointed that they can't do certain things on their Pearls that would require an updated OS to do. These are people who see someone else do something and wonder why they can't...
    Then they should upgrade or switch phones. Otherwise, whatever issues they're talking about are probably not a big enough issue to them in the first place. It would be nice if my browser was as good as Safari, but I really don't care enough about it to switch to the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 04:46 PM
    I could swear I read another post you posted dedicated to me..... maybe I'm seeing things. Look first off in the post i saw you mentioned something about my business skills...seriously you DO NOT want to go there. If you want to talk about business then this is what i think. RIM is not new they have been in the game for a long time. Your are talking about droid and Iphone these are very new to the market. So obviously when they lunched their new product they had a specific user in mind. So they gave that phone the best for that category of users (browsing, music, videos). RIM in the other hand has been making phones for the other type of user..the one that wants emails, call quality, qwerty keyboards, short cuts, long battery, calender. For sure all 3 devices do pretty much all now a day's but the different is that what blackberry does best comes second nature to droid and Iphone and Droid and Iphone do best comes second nature to BB.

So after building a huge and I mean HUGE user base over the past years do you think it's easy to just change things?? All they could do is add things without scaring away the older users so that's what they are doing slowly adding things to attract newer users and keep the older ones happy.

I do agree with the fact that allot of people are going to jump ship if Verizon get the Iphone and If course RIM cares about this. But it's a part of business. it's impossible to keep everyone happy you are always going to have people using and wanting other products. But you can't focus on pleasing every single user because at the end you can't. All you could do is target the user base you want and try and satisfy them. And the user base RIM depends on is not the user base that want's the #1 browser. Sure it's nice to have a good browser but for most of the BB users it's not a deal breaker that's why the keep buying BB's. And slowly, slowly they will add more and more "regular" consumer type things (youtube, widgets, browser) but keeping the existing look and feel that has maid them #1 in north America.

Now you mention you always had a BB... Why do you keep coming back if it's not the phone for you? BBM is not a reason for you to invest $ into a phone nor to pay the monthly price. There's plenty of excellent device that offer amazing browsing and great chatting options.

The only reason I got the storm was because ived always had a BB and obviously ended upgrading to a storm2 not because it resembled an iphone so get your facts straight the only thing keeping me around is bbm now to be honest. I'm still a BB addict but that's until the storm3 comes out and disappoint me. Although I hate the iphone.. I'm going to say this.. If the iphone drops in Verizon you will see atleast 65% of BB users in Verizon switch (not me since ived spoken a lot of crap about it to my friends) and you might say who care let all those people switch but trust me RIM cares... Any business person would
    Last edited by TheBBman; 03-24-10 at 05:26 PM.
    03-24-10 05:10 PM
    Agree totally with BBMan.

03-24-10 05:21 PM
    the reason you saw 2 posts was because my BB browser sucks so I have to use opera.. And that sometimes dosent work with forums so I did another post later to find out it posted both so I deleted one...

And browsing second nature to a smartphone? Nice
    03-24-10 05:45 PM
    Why your definition of a smart phone is browsing?? Seriously? Is that all you need a phone for?? Because I need a smart phone and I will tell you that browsing for me is not the reason I buy phone's.

I'm posting this from my BB browser. It's just fine for me

the reason you saw 2 posts was because my BB browser sucks so I have to use opera.. And that sometimes dosent work with forums so I did another post later to find out it posted both so I deleted one...

And browsing second nature to a smartphone? Nice
    03-24-10 06:02 PM
    Why your definition of a smart phone is browsing?? Seriously? Is that all you need a phone for??
    No kidding. It's not like a qwerty phone will have the necessary screen real estate to take advantage of a full browser anyways. However, for those times you really need it, there's always Opera.

03-24-10 06:29 PM
    Personally I prefer something bigger if I'm going to browse the net. For the times that I do a quick google search or even read some blogs I find the phone is ok for that. And opera is pretty good too. Don't get me wrong a nice native browser would be great but like you said in your earlier post "it's not a deal breaker". I can't understand why people don't get this?? And they think everyone has the same needs when getting a phone.
    From what I understand CubanoGT wants browsing and chatting on he's phone..... Maybe a net book will better serve he's needs
    But then he will join a forum and complain that his netbook doesn't make calls lol

No kidding. It's not like a qwerty phone will have the necessary screen real estate to take advantage of a full browser anyways. However, for those times you really need it, there's always Opera.

03-24-10 06:37 PM
    This would be my perfect phone... A BB with a sick display and specs and a fast browser with flash lol is that too much to ask? Ill pay for it!
    03-24-10 06:43 PM
    I could swear I read another post you posted dedicated to me..... maybe I'm seeing things. Look first off in the post i saw you mentioned something about my business skills...seriously you DO NOT want to go there. If you want to talk about business then this is what i think. RIM is not new they have been in the game for a long time. Your are talking about droid and Iphone these are very new to the market. So obviously when they lunched their new product they had a specific user in mind. So they gave that phone the best for that category of users (browsing, music, videos). RIM in the other hand has been making phones for the other type of user..the one that wants emails, call quality, qwerty keyboards, short cuts, long battery, calender. For sure all 3 devices do pretty much all now a day's but the different is that what blackberry does best comes second nature to droid and Iphone and Droid and Iphone do best comes second nature to BB.
    I disagree with you there. The only thing BlackBerry does better then the Iphone or Android is email (I'm referring to BES. BIS is worse then email on the Android) and ease of use. Android does everything else A LOT better then a BlackBerry. So the idea is BlackBerrys are great if you really crazy about email and you are the type of person why just needs everything working easily. If you want to have some fun with the phone though Android is the better choice and that is actually why I don't recommend BlackBerrys to anyone anymore.
    03-24-10 06:50 PM
    I never used an Android so I can't talk from experience on this. But from what I hear is that Android has problems with Emails at the moment...unless you are using gmail. For me the perfect device is the one I have now. Great with emails, amazing battery life, qwerty keyboard, speed dial, shortcuts to almost anything. And a ok browser to do some minor search.
    I don't want to have fun with my phone..... I have fun with my GF not a phone . But seriously I do agree that the Droid and Iphone look and are much more fun phones. But my point is not everyone want's a fun phone...they want simple and to the point and I think BB offer that to those people.

I disagree with you there. The only thing BlackBerry does better then the Iphone or Android is email (I'm referring to BES. BIS is worse then email on the Android) and ease of use. Android does everything else A LOT better then a BlackBerry. So the idea is BlackBerrys are great if you really crazy about email and you are the type of person why just needs everything working easily. If you want to have some fun with the phone though Android is the better choice and that is actually why I don't recommend BlackBerrys to anyone anymore.
    03-24-10 07:06 PM
    LOL it's actually not to much to ask... I just don't think RIM is going that way..... I believe that a droid well be your best choice at the moment. Since you talked trash about the Iphone to your buddy's lol. Unless OS6 and the new WK browser offer you most of what you want and you could live with what's missing.

This would be my perfect phone... A BB with a sick display and specs and a fast browser with flash lol is that too much to ask? Ill pay for it!
    03-24-10 07:11 PM
    OK, first this is the rumors subforum. Second, there is info: a reliable source of past leaks (os and otherwise) has a post stating a webkit browser leak is near. This thread has exactly the information in it that it should, according to the thread title. Not everyone that reads CB uses Twitter or follows bbleaks. I, for one, appreciate the OP bringing this to my attention.
    The point is that there was already a near identical thread about bbleaks and the claim that info would get lost in that other thread is spurious when no new info has actually been added.
    03-25-10 05:28 PM
    Actually, the PL (Platform) version IS the OS version of the software. The A (App) version is just that... the Java app version. Technically speaking, the majority of current BBs are still on OS4.x because of that PL level which is the actual Operating System. They are only running 5.x Java app versions... so I don't know why people always call the app version the OS version... seems wrong to me for some reason, but whatever.
    Actually the os is the combination of both the apps and the platform with the latter being mostly the radio side of things, as far as people calling the app version the os version its probably that it tends to be closer to the actual rel even if it isn't right to do so.
    03-25-10 05:35 PM
    Here is the number 1 reason i quote/unquote "bash" Blackberry. Keep in mind i've had a blackberry in my "smart phone collection" as my primary device since the pearl 8100 came out.
    If you feel the need to bash them all the time then maybe the fault is actually with you for not changing to something that suits you better?

To think that RIM employees do not read this forum to see what customers want is a little far fetched. I think they are smart enough to go to the #1 gathering place of their products end users to see what they want.... make sense to me.
    I am sure there are rim employees reading this board, but the vast majority will have no say in what products get made and those that do will have far more considerations about new devices than what a few ranting posters on a forum have to say e.g. the best selling blackberries are the curves and yet hardly anyone here will have one because by their very nature the people that goto and post and forums will tend to go for the shiniest or highest specced versions of their chosen toys, companies that base their decisions on such a niche don't tend to do very well in the long run.
    03-25-10 05:44 PM
    you guys need to understand that the market is changing and RIM needs to evolve or it will be the next palm for gods sake look at the specs of the galaxy s. I'm waiting for the storm3 if that turns out to be a storm2.5 ill change. To those of you saying I don't want that I don't need it are idiots I got 27 friends on bbm under the age of 25 that's the future not 30 plus that change their phones in 10 years young adults change them yearly and that's where the money is at and make no mistake people RIM wants to make money
    Look at rim's hardware at every stage of its evolution, it has never been cutting edge and probably never will because fundamentally the blackberry is a communication device and if your battery goes dead then it tends to be a bit useless for its intended purpose, new features get added with each new device or os providing they don't harm core functionality too much e.g. they didn't add 3g to a mainstream gsm product until the bold by which time the battery life was good enough and even then when it came to the bold 9700 they improved on that battery life significantly.

They need to keep offering their customers more with each new device or os and as you can see from the webkit stuff they are adressing an area of clear weakness now it is important for their continued expansion, but you would expect them to always try to be true to what makes a blackberry a blackberry.
    03-25-10 05:56 PM
    As interesting as this always fresh iPhone vs. Blackberry vs. Android discussion always is, I fail to see any relevance to the actual topic at hand, and I do see a lot of personal bashing, insulting, and mudslinging with the same exact statements said over and over.

This is the same argument applied to many other areas of life, PC vs. Mac, WoW vs. Aeon vs. Eve, Coffee vs. Tea, Notebook vs. Netbook, etc.

Regardless of desires, hopes, dreams and wishes, the facts are pretty clear: What currently is available is what is currently available. So instead of making pointless and endless arguments about potential and possibilities, focus on one simple question and one simple answer, that has been brought up and ignored in this thread (and many others).

Question: What do I need my phone to do?
    Answer: Whatever your answer is, defines what phone you should buy.

Leave it at that, and let's return to the far more interesting discussion of what BBLeaks has for us this time.
    Last edited by verziehenone; 03-26-10 at 09:14 PM.
    03-26-10 10:16 AM
    As interesting as this always fresh iPhone vs. Blackberry vs. Android discussion always is, I fail to see any relevance to the actual topic at hand, and I do see a lot of personal bashing, insulting, and mudslinging with the same exact statements said over and over.

This is the same argument applied to many other areas of life, Apple vs. Mac, WoW vs. Aeon vs. Eve, Coffee vs. Tea, Notebook vs. Netbook, etc.

Regardless of desires, hopes, dreams and wishes, the facts are pretty clear: What currently is available is what is currently available. So instead of making pointless and endless arguments about potential and possibilities, focus on one simple question and one simple answer, that has been brought up and ignored in this thread (and many others).

Question: What do I need my phone to do?
    Answer: Whatever your answer is, defines what phone you should buy.

Leave it at that, and let's return to the far more interesting discussion of what BBLeaks has for us this time.
    THANK YOU for this great historic post. I keep checking in here for info about the topic but it's turned into another I want this thread.
    03-26-10 10:29 AM

This is the same argument applied to many other areas of life, Apple vs. Mac, WoW vs. Aeon vs. Eve, Coffee vs. Tea, Notebook vs. Netbook, etc.
    interesting...
    03-26-10 07:56 PM
    interesting...
    Haha.

Touche, and it has been fixed.
    03-26-10 09:14 PM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD