Hello everybody!
    So I've got a problem like many people had before me... I know about the bag of rice and so on but will it work if somebody spilled shots over my BB8900, it wasn't laying in it very long but I haven't noticed it was wet for a long time (16hours). Foolishly, I tried to turned it on and off, took the battery out like 4 times... If I try to turn it on, the red light goes off and the screen starts but then it says there is no reception so the password never comes up but even if it did, the buttons are not working. The alarm clock still works. Will the bag of rice work? Is there something else I can do?
    Thanks for help!
    03-14-12 08:03 AM
    Well, I would say it may be a matter of luck. What may work for some may not work for others. If you have insurance on your phone it may be time to turn in a claim or check to see when your contract is ending.
    03-14-12 08:12 AM
    You might be in trouble with the rum. Rum is made from sugar cane so once the alcohol and water evaporates you are left with a sticky residue. The rice works because it draws the moisture from the device and surrounding atmosphere. Even if the rice drew all the moisture out - you probably still have gunk in there somewhere. Sounds like you may be in trouble
    03-14-12 08:21 AM
    If you can...take it apart. Take the keyboard and all the buttons out and put the main electromics in the rice. Then go through and pick off all the sticky srap off the inside of the buttons, the inside part that touches the board. Then after a few hours in the rice, pull the rest out and very carefully do the same. Being careful not to pull anything out. My only worry is the speakers...
    And only do this if your warranty is out and you don't have insurance.
    03-14-12 08:59 AM
    I spilled kool aid all over my parents VCR once. Thought it was pooched but after drying up it still worked like a charm. Give the phone a chance to completely dry out then see.
    03-14-12 03:02 PM
    Take it apart and wash it out with iso alcohol. Let all the parts dry then wash again.

You may just get lucky if it didn't fry when you put the battery back in.
    03-14-12 06:20 PM
    Take it apart and wash it out with iso alcohol. Let all the parts dry then wash again.

You may just get lucky if it didn't fry when you put the battery back in.
    I sorta agree with this except you need a better grade of alcohol. Get denatured pure alcohol from the home or hardware store. You want to get the highest percent alcohol you can find, which will probably be 96% Give the whole thing a bath in it and THEN do the rice trick, and give it at least a full day to dry before you put the battery back in.
    03-14-12 06:34 PM
    Start lickin'!!
    03-14-12 07:54 PM
    Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help And yeah, it's been out of warranty for a long time and no insurance I gave it to my friend and he did all the things you suggested and it works!!! thank you a lot!!
    03-29-12 10:54 AM
    Wow, I can't believe nobody has said it yet. Fine, here goes.....

.....add coke and ice? Maybe a slice of lime even?

03-29-12 11:09 AM
    Lol I just wanna add for future reference, when any electronics get wet taking out the battery and or unplug the device even before you try to wipe dry. As more often than not its the power that kills the device. And be patient don't try to boot for atleast a day(opened device) to a week (unopened device) in rice.
    03-29-12 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD