I have been trying to find a way I can get RSS Feeds on my BB, and get an alert when there is anything new on them. I tried Viigo and the auto update feature just never seems to work quicker than 24hrs. Some feeds, never at all.

I actually like the built in RSS reader that's in the browser the best. It's simple and minimal. It knows which feeds I've read and which I haven't. Bold text means its new, regular text means it's been read. And I know it syncs when I tell it to. I just wish there was some way to get the browser to give me a little alert. Or I wish Viigo would work like its supposed to.

I did some reading about Viigo and here's what I understood: It registers what feeds you have on your account, and how often you want them updated. Then the Viigo servers fetch the feeds, and deliver them to your phone. The servers get overloaded, and only the most popular feeds are updated as often as the users want them. What I don't get, is why the Viigo servers have to do all the work. Couldn't my phone fetch the feeds when I tell it to?? Since my phone is perfectly capable of doing all the work, why wouldn't that be the most reliable method!!

To put it another way, Viigo should make my phone check the feed directly, from the source, and update and alert me ON TIME. If someone at Viigo reads this, please let me know why it does not function this way.

If anyone knows of a little alert application that checks for new feeds that are synchronized with the browser please let me know. Or if there is some way to have the browser give me an alert that would be fantastic! RIM please give us RSS alerts, please please please.
    03-29-09 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD