Rove Announces Mobile File Manager and Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry are now Completely Free of Charge

OTTAWA, Canada � March 26, 2008 � Rove, the world's leading provider of enterprise software for handhelds, today announced that two of its popular products � Mobile File Manager and Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry are now free of charge.

Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry (formerly BlackBerry Viewer) displays the screen of a BlackBerry smartphone on a computer screen. Users can give live demonstrations of any application designed for BlackBerry smartphones, create training presentations for BlackBerry users, take screen captures and record videos.

Mobile File Manager allows BlackBerry users to connect to remote file servers such as FTP, SFTP, WebDAV and Windows file shares. Users can edit files such as web pages, deploy sites, upload photos, transfer files from the memory card, view graphics on remote computers, edit configuration files, and monitor log files and much more.

As the mobile workforce increases, so does the need for remote workers to be able to access remote files from wherever they are. With the number of BlackBerry implementations on the rise, there is also a strong demand for tools that allow easy training and presentations to a large group of users, by displaying the screen of a BlackBerry on a larger screen.

�Rove�s mobile enterprise software has brought simplicity and convenience to thousands of enterprise workers,� said Rob Woodbridge, President and CEO, Rove. �With these free versions of Mobile File Manager and Rove Mobile Viewer for Blackberry, we hope to introduce the Rove line of products to an even larger audience.�

Mobile File Manager and Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry can be downloaded free of charge at: Rove - Products

Last edited by Bla1ze; 03-26-08 at 01:59 PM.
    03-26-08 01:44 PM
    Thank you very much
    03-26-08 04:10 PM
    These products are not available. This is simple bait and switch to get us to look at Rove's procucts. This is against the law and you should remove this thread and any mention of Rove from your site.

By leaving this up you are helping them break the law.
    12-07-08 05:06 PM
    considering this topic is over 8 months old...

good job
    12-07-08 05:41 PM
    They used to have them available. I still have the file manager on my bb. Works well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 03:31 PM
    Since Rove discontinued it in Sept 08, does anyone know of a similar program? I have several people that would like a copy of a blackberry viewer program. Also, I have a working copy-- but it will not work with my new Bold.
    01-06-09 01:58 PM
    I am also looking for something compatible with the Bold. I'm searching the forums now but no luck yet.
    02-22-09 08:30 PM
    I found a replacement! I have been using it for a while and it is similar to the functionality of the Rove's old piece. It was written, according to the programmer, prior to the one Rove acquired.

As I have not posted 10 items, Crackberry forums will not let me include a link but try browsing to here, do a websearch on bbscreenstream. It is a freeware, pay if you like, program.
    03-05-09 06:14 AM
    Sounds pretty sweet, thnx for the link!
    03-05-09 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD