Here is an excerpt from the Reuter's story "Blackberry ditches Classic adding to smartphone future doubts"

"Separately, an internal U.S. Senate memo sent by IT staff and seen by Reuters on Tuesday said BlackBerry had told major U.S. carriers Verizon Communications Inc (VZ.N) and AT&T Inc (T.N) that all BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry 10 had been discontinued."

Full Story here:

BlackBerry ditches Classic, adding to smartphone future doubts | Reuters
    07-06-16 08:44 AM
    Agreed that the Classic discontinuation has been addressed by BB in their blog. Here it is:

Change is Only Natural: A Classic Model Makes Way | Inside BlackBerry

The part of the story that interests me though was the mention that ALL BB10 devices are discontinued. I believe BB has spoken to that issue but they simple say something to the effect that they will "support BB10 into the future".
    I believe there is a post about this already on the forums. And BlackBerry has already responded (I believe on their Blog) or perhaps it was to Bla1ze. Anyway, there are numerous stories relating to the doom and gloom of BlackBerry for a number of years. Nothing the ordinary user, like me and many others on this forum, can do about it. Let's just sit back and enjoy what we have right now. Plus, some beautiful weather we are having in Toronto, so let's all enjoy it. We all know that Winter here is 9 months of the year
    jefbeard911 and web99 like this.
    07-06-16 08:51 AM
    Agreed that the Classic discontinuation has been addressed by BB in their blog. Here it is:

Change is Only Natural: A Classic Model Makes Way | Inside BlackBerry

The part of the story that interests me though was the mention that ALL BB10 devices are discontinued. I believe BB has spoken to that issue but they simple say something to the effect that they will "support BB10 into the future".
    07-06-16 09:00 AM
    Carriers are informing their customers of limited or no future stock of BB10 devcies. Verizon in the US is already out of stock of all BB10 devcies they were carrying, and Verizon is a very important enterprise/goverment supplier.

BlackBerry so far isn't sending out that message to the public... they are still "committed" to BB10. Or at least committed to selling every last BB10 devcies for as much as they can get for it.....
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    07-06-16 09:05 AM
    Sponsored by blackphone. Reuters forgot to mention

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 09:21 AM
    I believe there is a post about this already on the forums. And BlackBerry has already responded (I believe on their Blog) or perhaps it was to Bla1ze. Anyway, there are numerous stories relating to the doom and gloom of BlackBerry for a number of years. Nothing the ordinary user, like me and many others on this forum, can do about it. Let's just sit back and enjoy what we have right now. Plus, some beautiful weather we are having in Toronto, so let's all enjoy it. We all know that Winter here is 9 months of the year
    Agreed no need for new thread again ,thanks
    07-06-16 09:27 AM