Do you really need a door that says "EXIT"?
    I think those are there in case of emergencies. Or if they have one door designated for Entrance and one for Exit.

There's also the case of if they have a number of doors. They'll need to label one for exit in order to avoid confusion.

Either way, different set of circumstances.
    02-02-13 12:32 AM
    There will always be a learning curve when stuff is new. I had to learn to close the apps out of the desktop for Windows 8 and how to navigate the new experience. I'm not dumb, just had to learn a new way. Same with the playbook. Now I actually find that if I use someones iPhone or iPad I'm like why do I have to keep hitting this damn button to get where I want to go, why cant i just swipe!?
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 01:34 AM
    That's not true, last time I checked everyone always needed to download a task killer. And even if you didn't have that, most apps force close anyway while they're in use.
    When's the last time you used android? Lol

That may have been true with Froyo and GB builds, but it's a whole other ball game with ICS and JB. Now, task killers do harm.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 01:53 AM
    A lot of you are missing the point. You keep saying when you boot up the phone it gives you instructions. That's great but where are most people going to come across this phone? In the shops. It will be sitting there on the shelf. People will walk over to it pick up and wonder what to do w/ it. They will flip it around for a minute and then maybe put it down.

Say what you Want about the home button but when people pick up the phone they push it and the phone comes on.

It is slower to boot than a gs3 or iPhone , but it's not knit a sweater slow like my dad's Torch.

Also swiping is natural on today's phones but swiping from the edge is not.

I hope they have a Demo mode for the shops. This was one of the issues w/ the Playbook. It was not instinctive on how to work it.
    Yes, there's a demo mode. It's a video style, you peek over to see the sections (things like hub, time shift, notifications, peek and flow etc) and you can select the ones you want to see. Our demo playbook also had demo mode , unfortunately it caused the play book to lag to the point of being unusable. So far, the z10 doesn't have that problem but what sucks is that in order to get out of demo to use the phone, you gave to hold down voice command button between the volume rockers and then close voice command to a tile. Only then can you use the actual device. Heaven forbid you look away for a moment or it goes immediately into demo mode again and you have to repeat. THAT is a bone headed move.

I found it intuitive, but very strongly like webos (and we had several customers say the same thing on that), and I don't think it's as intuitive as webos was. That said, people who used webos will be like ducks to water, but I can see some frustration from others at the start, like windows 8.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 02:03 AM
    This is good. It means if someone steals my z10 they won't be able to read my emails
    02-02-13 02:20 AM
    As long as the positive articles / videos outweigh the silly ones that's all that matters to me.

On some levels the video was quite funny.
    02-02-13 06:00 AM
    I take these kind of videos with a grain of salt. Asking an iPhone user to use a Z10 is the same as the reverse. Once you're used to using one platform (Most iPhone users are long time users) it can be hard to just pick up the new one and use it. If I sat most people down in front of my Laptop using Linux Mint 14 and asked them to do something it could prove to be difficult. Doesn't mean that after a few days, or reading some of the documentation that comes with the device that you won't be able to get right into it. Also, if you had seen any of the leaked videos up to now, you would be able to do most things that they asked of these users. I myself have handle the Z10 and found it surprisingly easy to use. I was more than impressed with it and I don't really like all touch devices, but I may just have to get one.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:06 AM
    It's not a joke....it's their business model. Perhaps instead of "stupid," the words "technologically inept" will be more palatable? Apple is FAMOUS for making it easy for stupid....errrr....INEPT.... people to use their products. That was the genius of Steve Jobs: come up with something innovative, THEN make it monkey proof.
    That's why they "limit access" to so many areas of their computers...."Now, now...we can't have you simpletons roaming around in here....access DENIED." I bought an Apple laptop a few years ago, and within the span of one day, I thought, "Ummmm....it's MY f***ing computer, I paid for it and I'll go wherever I god#@&* please" Sold it a few days later and have never bought a child slavery, I mean, APPLE product since...nor will I.
    02-02-13 11:51 AM
    And I agree with the PB/iPad comments....had a colleague of mine give me their iPad to set up the wi-fi for them, and I kept swiping up from the bottom and/or the top like an idi0t trying to get back to the home menu....I wanted to throw the f-ing thing
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-02-13 11:56 AM
    Really Kevin? The word "idi0t" without the zero gets the asterisk treatment? I like it, comrade. Finally a forum without all those "freedom" capitalist dogs and their big mouths
    02-02-13 11:59 AM
    That's the problem with INNOVATIVE things, you have to read a manual to find out how it works.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 12:09 PM
    I come from Apple (for years) and have had every new gadget since the second iPod. Bought a PlayBook several months ago...watched the mandatory tutorial and to be honest I don't like or use the several iPads we have laying around any longer...they seem kinda weird after getting used to the swiping actions, I think everyone else will find the same once they try it...it really is better�just my two cents.
    The point is....You watched the tutorials. The videos shown are an example of throwing people under the bus, without instructions, and making them look stupid. NOT FAIR
    02-02-13 12:14 PM
    At the risk of derailing this conversation, there was a TV show in Canada, called Americans say the dumbest things.....The host, Rick Mercer, went to the US, and videotaped politicians and regular people saying very stupid things such as "Happy Birthday, Jean Poutine, leader of Canada" I am sure that the people were subtly directed to say the dumb stuff, and like most, who feel insecure when out of their element, followed along. I DO NOT think that iphone, WP8, Android, or BB users are any more or less stupid than the others. We are comfortable with the platform we use, and without guidance, will flounder until we figure it out. I remember the first time I looked at the playbook, after owning a Samsung Galaxy Tab, with Gingerbread. VERY CONFUSING. I could not even get the home screen up. By the way, I totally agree that none of the platforms are intuitive. They are learned, and comfortable as a result. Lets let this one lie, OK???
    02-02-13 12:27 PM
    lollllll, months on the forums reading and i never took the time to reply anything but this, THIS...its the must funniest thing ive seen so far. im getting tired of these paid biased reviews from so called ''tech masters'' . what they dont understand is that some people will start getting interested into this JUST because they see OBVIOUS DELIBERATED BASHING into a GREAT, INNOVATIVE new product.
    anw in my opinion they can say what ever they want, my sexy z10 will be in my hands tuesday even if all the world come to me and tell me it sucks. being unique and distinguish is what made me choose BB back in 2007 and i went out to see elsewhere but always came back after a couple weeks because with what it offers for MY NEEDS, nothing can compare a blackberry, and thats my Own self opinon
    02-02-13 02:10 PM
    Having extensively used a Playbook, I'd trade my IP5 for the Z10. Gestures are absolutely great. But the more rational side of me says: "Wait and see. You'll be better off if you skip one or two generations of BB10 before it's more established"
    02-02-13 02:52 PM
    orry, BlackBerry (RIMM), it looks like BlackBerry 10 is the new Windows 8. BlackBerry 10 debuted just one day ago and there are already legions of iPhone and Android users (most of whom haven�t yet held a BlackBerry 10 device in their hands) complaining about how difficult it is to navigate the platform. We saw similar complaints arise immediately following Windows 8′s debut. Both cases are actually very similar � if someone picks up a Windows 8 or BlackBerry 10 device without having watched the intro video during the setup and without having been given any instruction on how to use it, he or she will inevitably be confused and frustrated. This calls each platform�s UX into question, and rightfully so, but the problem is short-lived. Once users are taught by animated demos that play automatically during setup, or instructed by others, they get acclimated to the new flow over time.

Five People Try to Figure Out the New BlackBerry Z10 - YouTube
    This is about as stupid as letting OJ handle the glove...soooooo stupid.
    02-02-13 03:05 PM
    You made sense right up to here. This last statement is just silly. No matter what device you buy (unless its a collectible of some sort, is going to depreciate in value.

Your BB10 device will never appreciate in value, neither will your iPhone.
    I get what he means. It's not market value, it is the perceived value to you. You buy a BB10 device knowing it does X, then later find out that it also does A, B, C, Y, Z, and does X two other different ways. You buy an iOS device knowing it does X, Y, and Z, and a year later wish it also did A, B, and C.

However, I think this will always happen when buying a device that is unknown to you. I bought a PlayBook to use as a portable web browser, but later found out that it is great for viewing movies, taking dashcam videos in the car, and doing everything I need to do at work - so much so that I took out my work desktop and now only have the PlayBook set on the convertible keyboard case on my desk.

I was gifted an iPod Touch, which, honestly, I thought would be useless because I don't listen to MP3s. It has turned out to be a fairly versatile mobile web browser as well as a decent email client for when my phone is out of reach. Both products, while losing value on the market, have risen in value to me. Had I known about all these features like die-hard fans would have, then the perceived value of these devices would likely have depreciated along with market value.
    02-04-13 10:37 AM
142 ... 456