02-04-13 10:37 AM
142 ... 3456
tools
    Like giving a manual transmission car to people only knowing automatic transmission. Now drive, You will have more fun! (we all know that :P)
    02-01-13 01:28 AM
    I agree with some people here BB10 really is not that complicated. I have owned an iPhone before and it is very user friendly. What I want to say however is that just for comparisons sake of the three top phones (Z10, GS3, iPhone 5 - Not including WP because the thing looks and feels like it is a Hasbro toy) that Android is by far the most complicated. I asked to mess around in a friends GS3 and got soooo lost. There was way to much going on all the time to many non important functions/settings/controls a nightmare find things because stuff was everywhere hated the use experience. With BB10 give some one the most basic brief 5 min demo/explanation of the gestures on I guarantee they will pick it up
    02-01-13 01:56 AM
    Like giving a manual transmission car to people only knowing automatic transmission. Now drive, You will have more fun! (we all know that :P)
    A vehicle with automatic transmission can be called a car ? Really ?
    endevour, BThunderW and jakie55 like this.
    02-01-13 03:58 AM
    My three year old can work a playbook no problem so nice to see she has way more intelligence than the 56% that own android and the 43% that own iphone.

Seriously this is a pathetic excuse to make the superior bb10 os look bad to the other older ones. How foolish!!!
    OK....we know the haters are going to hate. It's called the "human condition". Can we take the high road?
    Wait until you have your Z10 or Q10, and lets show these people what the "new" BB does. They will sh*t their pants. That will be sweet.....
    Oh, and dude, I currently own and actively use a GS3 and a GNote 10.1. I did own a 64gig PB and still have a 9810 (retired). I will back in black when available on AT&T.
    Is there a different "level" of intelligence for ppl like me?
    mikeo007 and jakie55 like this.
    02-01-13 06:55 AM
    You could cleary tell some, if not most, of the users were eventually getting the hang of things. They all knew to tap and or swipe to execute a command. The problem here is the short length of video gives the impression the users never understood. And the way this test was handled biases the result.

Ask the user to unlock the phone AND open an app in one request and see if the results are different. Most use the top power button but would get stuck. Then try tapping the screen or swipe inside the edges. Phone shows arrows to unlock. User eventually uses bezel. Then ask to find the settings inside an app. Most people have adapted to soft keys so no problem here given some time and they will later guess gestures work here as well. Then ask them to minimize that app. Considering they just unlocked it, it is just time before they trial and error to repeat the prior gesture. Soon enough they will start checking all edge gestures. There. Phone learned.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 02-01-13 at 11:52 AM.
    02-01-13 07:38 AM

"OMG THEREZ NO BUTTONS THIS IS SO UNUSUAL WHAT WILL I DO"
    Immediately dismiss it as inferior....yeah that's safer....phew.
    02-01-13 08:37 AM
    Heres another

02-01-13 08:49 AM
    contrary to popular stereotype the blonde was the one who got it done fastest....like it.
    Shanerredflag and jakie55 like this.
    02-01-13 08:56 AM
    Heres another

OK....this is the most resent vid.....pretty obserd
    These ppl were thrown under the bus....
    IMO....these vids don't speak to the difficulty of navigating the Z10.....it speaks more to the aptitude of the users.....but they were just handed the device. This is why these vids are ridiculous.It would take anyone time to figure this out on their own.
    It took me a cpl days to "learn" to navigate my GS3
    02-01-13 09:39 AM
    Why so serio_ussssss?
    02-01-13 10:53 AM
    This was always going to be an issue with a gesture based UI, its fine if you actually buy and setup the device, but what about testing devices in the store or when you hand the device to someone to try out? You sacrifice intuitiveness with features that are hidden behind gestures, Android had the same problem with the Menu key, no one pressed it while in an App, that's why they went with the always on screen ActionBar design now.
    02-01-13 11:18 AM
    There is a huge payoff to taking a moment to learn how to do something rather than having it be so simple it's "obvious", and that may in fact be the defining difference between the new BB OS and iOS:

iOS is intuitive. You touch something and something happens. You would not KNOW about swiping without being shown, but once you are shown, a touch and swipe are all you "need" to "use" the iPhone... but double tapping the HOME button to access the recent apps? NOT INTUITIVE AT ALL. Once you know, it's easy though. Likewise, all the multi-finger gestures and so on on the iPhone do have some usefulness, but that usefulness is limited.

BB10 is not as intuitive. It's intuitive in the same way that iOS is intuitive, but to actually get the most value out of it you HAVE to be shown some things that you can't intuit. But the payoff is huge... once you KNOW about the kinds of gestures available, like bezel gestures which are not intuitive, but INCREDIBLY useful once you're used to them.

You "buy" an iOS device. You buy something and it depreciates in value.
    You "invest" in a BB10 device. It appreciates in value.

That's how I'm going to define the difference between iOS and BB10 from now on.
    02-01-13 11:40 AM
    You "buy" an iOS device. You buy something and it depreciates in value.
    You "invest" in a BB10 device. It appreciates in value.

That's how I'm going to define the difference between iOS and BB10 from now on.
    You made sense right up to here. This last statement is just silly. No matter what device you buy (unless its a collectible of some sort, is going to depreciate in value.

Your BB10 device will never appreciate in value, neither will your iPhone.
    02-01-13 11:47 AM
    These people are idiots and just brain washed with “buttons” and they can’t figure out simple things. The blonde girl seems to be the smartest one out of all of them. Just because they can’t figure it out within the first 10 seconds, it becomes frustrating (as one person said). I wonder how long it took them to figure out their current phone?
    02-01-13 12:16 PM
    this is complete BULLs*h*i*t! h*e*l*l...I have issues using my Bold 9000 at times because I haven't used it in such a long time. I can barely even make my old $20 Nokia "dumb" phone work anymore. And as easy as everyone claims the iphone and Android are, they had to be learned as well. NO one knew how to use either out of the box. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!! s*h*i*t like this makes me so angry
    02-01-13 12:32 PM
    Google "baby figures out iphone". then try "baby figures out blackberry"
    02-01-13 12:59 PM
    NO one knew how to use either out of the box.
    Not true. "Slide to Unlock" helped.

02-01-13 01:29 PM
    Remove that phone from their grimy little fingers!

This is one of the reasons why the world is so jacked up now!

But seriously, what's the sense of giving someone something without the instructions? It doesn't gauge anything that can be measured in my opinion. Looks like an algebra teacher dishing her kids the test without even teaching a lesson.
    EsJayDee and jakie55 like this.
    02-01-13 01:34 PM
    I find the swiping to be second nature on my playbook right from the start. When a relative bought an ipad 3 and i had first opportunity to use any apple product, it was quite confusing for me. Kept swiping certain times and nothing would happen. Lol. I still find ipad function to be much less natural and user friendly. Just my humble opinion. Cheers!
    02-01-13 07:22 PM
    Actually, I find the first video shows just how quickly people can pick up the idea of using simply gestures to get the BB10 system to run (even when given without instructions). Give those people another few minutes and they'll navigate through the system quite easily.

On the other hand, these videos just make me realize how BB10, with the whole no-buttons, seems so futuristic. Feels like exploring the console of an unknown spaceship. Presently, the all-gestures UI of BB10 is the most novel out there (both Android, iOS, and WP devices still use buttons).
    02-01-13 07:36 PM
    (facepalm)
    Please....the only thing I get from this video is the fact that the creator is a bloody ***** who is doing his part to push the myth that BB10 is some cryptic puzzle that only mensa people can figure out/use.

No. Stop fabricating lies.

When you go to test the phone, buy the phone, or look at someone elses phone you will be informed or at least be able to ask someone how to use it. These tests are beyond stupid.Tech sites should be informing people how to use technology, not making videos for America's Most Technologically Clueless.

Bloody h@ll....Like peddling ignorance as if it's a right to have. Might as well not develop anything new, cause that would require people to be INSTRUCTED....oooooooooh nooooo!
    Well they are right -aren't they??? It is us with brains that will be able to use these phones. For those who are a little challenged..well it may take them awhile- but they will eventually get it!
    02-01-13 07:44 PM
    I come from Apple (for years) and have had every new gadget since the second iPod. Bought a PlayBook several months ago...watched the mandatory tutorial and to be honest I don't like or use the several iPads we have laying around any longer...they seem kinda weird after getting used to the swiping actions, I think everyone else will find the same once they try it...it really is better…just my two cents.
    02-01-13 07:49 PM
    Heres another

They both said it was "very slow" to boot not even 30 seconds in to the booting sequence, and it took almost exactly one minute to boot up (based on their 'yeps')
    02-01-13 08:45 PM
    Do you really need for your phone to read "slide to unlock?"
    02-01-13 09:11 PM
    Do you really need for your phone to read "slide to unlock?"
    Do you really need a door that says "EXIT"?
    02-01-13 10:32 PM
142 ... 3456