Also, I noticed that many iPhone users don't even know that you have to manually shut down apps otherwise it really drains the battery, and I find it's such a big task to do so when compared to BB10.
    Dead wrong. Here, broaden your horizons and dispel your ignorance: iOS Multitasking on Vimeo
    01-31-13 05:55 PM
    On the video: ya, it's stupid. I assume it's meant to be a joke.
    BB10's navigation is not the norm. That doesn't mean it's hard to use once you figure it out.

Anyone ever played with those little games at the barber shop? The one where you have to separate the rings or remove all the pegs? Someone could struggle for hours with those, but once you know how to do it, it's simple.
    01-31-13 05:57 PM
    I've seen people get into a new car and do the exact same thing :P lol

But seriously who wouldn't need instruction? I think the learning curve is still small enough that it will be easy for most. For those that can't well, its simply not for them.
    BB should definitely have in store display instructions beside the phones
    i agreedd
    Haha,yup if the new car feature "push to start" did not say push to start how many people would know lol
    of course if you bought a new blackberry they will show you all the demo and gesture of the phone before setting you loose into the wild.
    01-31-13 06:06 PM
    Lol. Look at these idiots. My mother is 57 and navigates her Lumia 920 like a boss.
    Epic.
    01-31-13 06:08 PM
    These people are all ********..
    We should do a reply video showing BB10 users trying to use gestures on said new android or iPhone device.

the power buttons on the top.. its not new!
    01-31-13 06:10 PM
    lol the blonde chick is kind of cute and shes probably the one that was able to do everything the quickest.

the thing is we know BB10 takes a bit of time to learn the gestures, but once they are known things get easier and it is pretty simple, just handing someone a phone saying use it always happens like that, most say where do i go for this this and that, this happens on either iOS or Android, but unlike BB10 those are easier as they have a button you can hit to get to the home screen which makes that simpler
    01-31-13 06:18 PM
    I just watched it. None of the people seem to be 'stupid' as some of you are saying. The seem a little confused by a device on an OS that they have never seen before. I'm have no doubt that if they had seen the swipe demo they would have had no problem. All things considered, I think most of them actually did alright.

The blonde with glasses figured out unlock the quickest. Breaking stereotypes and boundaries. Just like BlackBerry.

Every one, on all sides of the smartphone debate, should lighten up a little and have genuine fun.
    eddy_berry and flyingsolid like this.
    01-31-13 06:21 PM
    This video is stupid, as soon as you take the device out of the box you will notice "How to Use" guides as well.
    You can read those, or not, when you finish setting up the device there are tutorials, I doubt ANY of these people read the manual, or watched the tutorial...
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    01-31-13 06:22 PM
    These people are all ********..
    We should do a reply video showing BB10 users trying to use gestures on said new android or iPhone device.

the power buttons on the top.. its not new!
    Why, to make BlackBerry users look silly. I once ( only once) picked up a SG3 in FutureShop. I played around with it for at least 5 minute before I had much of a clue what I was doing but I'm sure I would have, could have gotten used to it. These people would and could easily get used to the Z10 in 5 minutes if they wanted to.
    01-31-13 06:24 PM
    This video is stupid, as soon as you take the device out of the box you will notice "How to Use" guides as well.
    You can read those, or not, when you finish setting up the device there are tutorials, I doubt ANY of these people read the manual, or watched the tutorial...
    I think that was pretty obvious but also the point they are trying to make - for some unusual, unknown reason. It's just a pointless video.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-31-13 06:26 PM
    its a funny video...see the humour and laugh. lighten up a bit guys
    01-31-13 06:48 PM
    There is definitely some bias going on here on this one. BB comes up with something different in some (or a lot) of ways, and people say it is complicated to use, or there is too big a learning curve to it. Yet, if BB went with the exact same ways of doing things as the other platforms those very same people would say that BB simply is not innovative enough for them. There are only so many ways you can make something completely different. Yet, even still if BB had some funky way out design or something really radical about it in terms of looks or O/S wise, people would say "Who would buy something like that?" "What ever possessed them to design a phone to look or operate that way"? You just can't ever please all of the people all of the time, or even for the most part reach a happy medium on things. With all of this being said, I LOVE the phone, and while disappointed that there is still a long wait, that is not going to stop me from having one. I don't care how steep the learning curve may or may not be. You learn to get used to it and adjust as we all do in so many other ways in life!

Trial, Error and a little patience people. If you don't have it mastered in an hour, so what? As long as you can get it to do the basic functions that you need it to perform in a timely manner, the rest comes with practice. Once you have it down, you will all be rewarded my friends!
    01-31-13 07:02 PM
    They're all smirking the WHOLE time. I kinda think this might be bull....
    01-31-13 07:26 PM
    dont forget i know exactly where to find you
    01-31-13 07:36 PM
    Where is the direct link to this so we can point out the obvious?
    01-31-13 07:44 PM
    Go read the comments:

The general public isn't as stupid as I gave them credit for:

https://plus.google.com/+Mashable/posts/MkiXeJFhkTU
    01-31-13 07:55 PM
    My three year old can work a playbook no problem so nice to see she has way more intelligence than the 56% that own android and the 43% that own iphone.

Seriously this is a pathetic excuse to make the superior bb10 os look bad to the other older ones. How foolish!!!
    01-31-13 08:01 PM
    dont forget i know exactly where to find you
    What is wrong with you?? You can't threaten Pete Pachal
    01-31-13 08:09 PM
    I thought the video was funny. Thing is watchng that video really made me think how once its out in the wild and everyone sees it no one will want to go back to the basic boring interface thats Android and IOS. The interface really does look like it would be fun and refreshing to use.
    01-31-13 08:25 PM
    I do my best to show restraint when I see posts like this, but it's getting more difficult.
    All I will say is: IMO, the bb10 OS will slowly grab hold, and in a short time will be a main mobile OS.
    FSeverino and SlcCorrado like this.
    01-31-13 08:42 PM
    I guess if you assume that when someone buys a phone and boots it for the first time they get no indication of gestures on the phone then it would probably be hard for a normal person to use. That's assuming a lot though.
    FSeverino likes this.
    01-31-13 08:42 PM
    My three year old can work a playbook no problem so nice to see she has way more intelligence than the 56% that own android and the 43% that own iphone.

Seriously this is a pathetic excuse to make the superior bb10 os look bad to the other older ones. How foolish!!!
    Some 3 year olds are smarter than most adults. Especially adults who are brainwashed.
    01-31-13 08:52 PM
    All jokes aside; you my friend... are on to something. That would be a great commercial. Intelligent, yet funny as ****... Maybe have a sequel where a baby and a baby monkey are using both Q and Z to talk to one another, make fun of another OS
    01-31-13 08:58 PM
    That is why when you first turn on the phone there is a tutorial. So this yesterday and what a stupid video it is. If everybody was using BB10 and IOS came out today people would not understand how to use it either.
    01-31-13 09:01 PM
    That is why when you first turn on the phone there is a tutorial. So this yesterday and what a stupid video it is. If everybody was using BB10 and IOS came out today people would not understand how to use it either.
    I hate to say this, but yes they would... Any dummy can use istuff, that's it's appeal. But I do believe BB10 is intuitive enough to catch on and possibly even put a dent in the iMarket
    01-31-13 09:08 PM
142 12345 ...