It's a good thing that every device, from every manufacture, includes instructions. Those instructions are usually in the form on a on-screen tutorial.
    01-31-13 09:09 PM
    I hate to say this, but yes they would... Any dummy can use istuff, that's it's appeal. But I do believe BB10 is intuitive enough to catch on and possibly even put a dent in the iMarket
    A doorknob is intuitive. BB10 is not. Easy to use? Sure. Intuitive? There's nothing intuitive about arbitrary gestures. As silly as this video is, it does show that BB10 is anything but intuitive.
    01-31-13 09:17 PM
    A doorknob is intuitive. BB10 is not. Easy to use? Sure. Intuitive? There's nothing intuitive about arbitrary gestures. As silly as this video is, it does show that BB10 is anything but intuitive.
    I would have to disagree. Do you not consider the PlayBooks gestures to be any good either? I've used plenty of tablets and I still find that the PBs gestures make it that much more useable when compared to the others. I definitely would not consider them arbitrary. I think gestures are the future. It only makes sense in a world full of touchscreens
    01-31-13 09:30 PM
    Not to rub it in, but I couldn't help myself. "Easy to use" is essentially the definition of intuitive when it comes to software. Google backed me up on that one
    01-31-13 09:36 PM
    I would have to disagree. Do you not consider the PlayBooks gestures to be any good either? I've used plenty of tablets and I still find that the PBs gestures make it that much more useable when compared to the others. I definitely would not consider them arbitrary. I think gestures are the future. It only makes sense in a world full of touchscreens
    I don't find any gestures on a touchscreen to be intuitive. I've done a lot of HCI (Human-computer interaction) research over the years and every time gestures come up, the results are always the same. Do they make things easier? Sometimes. Are they intuitive? Never.
    01-31-13 09:39 PM
    Not to rub it in, but I couldn't help myself. "Easy to use" is essentially the definition of intuitive when it comes to software. Google backed me up on that one
    Not to rub it in either, but when there are 2 definitions for a word, you should probably go with the first one. Think "instinctive".
    01-31-13 09:41 PM
    Not to rub it in either, but when there are 2 definitions for a word, you should probably go with the first one. Think "instinctive".
    It's not personal buddy. I just strongly disagree with you. But to each their own of course
    01-31-13 09:43 PM
    It's not personal buddy. I just strongly disagree with you. But to each their own of course
    Not personal at all, just a subject that I've spent a lot of time studying I'd be happy to share some of my research, but I have to warn you, it's pretty dry reading.
    01-31-13 09:45 PM
    That is why BB's are so secure, stupid people can't use them. That is more than enough people locked out right there
    dphjeff and SlcCorrado like this.
    01-31-13 09:49 PM
    ya this is annoying..Just another part of the hate, yes if you've only owned an iphone then you've developed a mental retardation. reason why i ditched my iphone 5.. it was boringggggg
    01-31-13 09:56 PM
    I think the video is kind of funny actually. The gesture interface is awesome, and I think it portrays something more advanced. You can't expect people to know it instinctively, but after playing with it for a bit, they figure it out. Once they figure it out, they may also want to explore it more. Obviously BB10 isn't for some people though, and that's ok. But many people are enamored with touch screen interfaces, even when it doesn't make sense. You show people how to flow between apps with smooth movements and people will be wowed. To me, it's really an evolution of the touch screen interface, and RIM was wise to move in this direction and pick up where WebOS, Meego, etc. left off.
    SlcCorrado and eddy_berry like this.
    01-31-13 10:01 PM
    This is a stupid attempt to sway stupid people!
    01-31-13 10:04 PM
    Don't call me a basher. I'm still unable to operate properly an iPhone or I pad. Just because I use if only in emergency case or to help buddies stuck with the system. This is my fault : I'm not a donkey, I just didn't read nor view any instructions.
    That's so sad! You and the others saying they can't use an iphone or ipad are unable to use a device that the lower 1/3 of the IQ curve can use!! This means you are a special outlier indeed! ;-)

I wish the insults here were at least more clever/novel/funny!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:26 PM
    I think WebOS users, like myself, will feel right at home with this. I had a good laugh.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:29 PM
    I just read the first post and watched the video and I have only one question.... WHY DOES NOBODY BOTHER LEARNING ANYMORE?! Seriously! If you don't know how to do something then figure it out! Getting angry at something that you don't immediately understand is cave-man-ish! *beats head with phone* duuurrrrrr can't turn on!

UGH. The fact that the OP compared BB10 to windows 8 just ticks me right off! I use windows 8 and the reason it suxka is because the modern ui is superfluous on a desktop platform. BB10 is INNOVATIVE. Of course its going to be different!

Again.. UGH!
    dphjeff and jakie55 like this.
    01-31-13 10:41 PM
    Steve Jobs said think different.
    01-31-13 10:43 PM
    A lot of you are missing the point. You keep saying when you boot up the phone it gives you instructions. That's great but where are most people going to come across this phone? In the shops. It will be sitting there on the shelf. People will walk over to it pick up and wonder what to do w/ it. They will flip it around for a minute and then maybe put it down.

Say what you Want about the home button but when people pick up the phone they push it and the phone comes on.

Also swiping is natural on today's phones but swiping from the edge is not.

I hope they have a Demo mode for the shops. This was one of the issues w/ the Playbook. It was not instinctive on how to work it.
    01-31-13 10:46 PM
    Steve Jobs said think different.
    welcome to crackberry!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-31-13 10:47 PM
    Bb10 is for people who do, right? So I would imagine that people who Do would ASK SOMEONE how to use they damn phone -.-
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:49 PM
    Steve Jobs said think Apple. He was a tyrant. Sorry I shouldn't speak ill of the dead.
    01-31-13 10:53 PM
    what a pointless video lol. a 5 second instruction video is needed, thats all. If anybody cant figure it out after that they need to stay on iphone. The iphone is built for stupid people like that. Im training to be an industrial mechanic. Figure out, maintain and fix machinery more expensive then Ferrari's with no instruction manual. So im pretty good and just figuring **** out. But it would take a looooong time to accidentally learn these gestures.
    dphjeff likes this.
    01-31-13 11:28 PM
    in�tu�i�tive
    /inˈt(y)o͞oitiv/

Adjective
    1. Using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
    (chiefly of computer software)

2. Easy to use and understand.

Simplicity is not the art of dumbing down. It's the result of advanced technology.
    01-31-13 11:37 PM
    I already knew most people are F-ing morons in general so this video was unnecessary. But thanks for reinforcing my opinion anyway
    If you're so dense that the BB10 or WP8 is just too challenging for you, please... go buy a flip phone. Just do. Please. You'll save your smart friends and relatives many hours of frustration you'll cause them by not knowing how to do simple things that a primate can do better than you.
    dphjeff and fragment137 like this.
    01-31-13 11:52 PM
    Why, to make BlackBerry users look silly. I once ( only once) picked up a SG3 in FutureShop. I played around with it for at least 5 minute before I had much of a clue what I was doing but I'm sure I would have, could have gotten used to it. These people would and could easily get used to the Z10 in 5 minutes if they wanted to.
    looking back at my comment i was a bit harsh, just frustrating i guess. really it was just the one guy, and the unlocking the device that got me. like they were playing it up.
    oh well. cant wait to have mine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 12:12 AM
    Innovate but don't make it too different than the iPhone.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-01-13 12:31 AM
142 ... 23456