So I was tethering on my Torch today and decided to do a speed test on the Rogers 3G network and this is what i got:

Are these true numbers? Im sure the download speed is good because my home internet speed is 15MB/sec but the upload is at .8MB/sec. But then I thought something wasnt right because my tethering speed cant be close to the speeds of my home internet. If they are true then why are some people complaining about slow tethering speed? The download speeds I got look pretty fast.
    Last edited by luqman24; 03-02-11 at 08:10 PM.
    03-01-11 08:38 PM
    HSDPA supports 14Mbps downlinks, so it's possible that you hit that.

Also, for if you see your results, there's a little button that says "Copy Forum Link". If you click on that, and then paste on the forum it'll only show the speed test results and not the whole screen.
    03-02-11 05:18 PM
    HSDPA supports 14Mbps downlinks, so it's possible that you hit that.

Also, for if you see your results, there's a little button that says "Copy Forum Link". If you click on that, and then paste on the forum it'll only show the speed test results and not the whole screen.
    I see that's must be why then. But when I connected through DM its said Connected at 115kbp didn't think the download speed would be that fast.

Ok thanks for the tip, ill do that next time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 03-02-11 at 05:42 PM.
    03-02-11 05:35 PM
    Ok apparently this was my data speed test. The top one was my regular speed test but weird Rogers isn't my ISP provider

Last edited by luqman24; 03-02-11 at 08:08 PM.
    03-02-11 07:57 PM
    Data speed test as in WIFI speed test? Not by the looks of it. The results point to Rogers Wireless which would mean that the IP address your phone had traced back to Wireless otherwise it would have said Rogers Cable (or in your case, your ISP's name).

Also, the ping time is awfully high for a wired internet connection. I'd say it was wireless all the way. It's just that the speed you get on wireless will depend on the time of day, how many people are connected to the tower, how much use the tower is getting, whether the tower is connected to Rogers via Copper/Fiber or microwave, etc..

03-03-11 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD