Apparently you are not familiar with the Rogers Communications modus operandi. This is the wireless carrier not BlackBerry causing the artificial delay until their official launch date of Tuesday, February 5, 2013.
    He knows. It was shipped from rogers in concord to kitchener. He knows none of the delays until feb 5 are blackberry. Its rogers.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-01-13 11:50 AM
    Will go to the store later today and see what happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Rogers is shipping!!!-bbz10delivered.jpg  
    02-01-13 11:58 AM
    that is true.

They should have clearly stated if we are able to pick it up as soon as it arrives or not.
    I called the store to where mine is shipping (will arrive there today as per UPS). They said even if it arrives today, they can't hand them out until Feb. 5th, the official launch date.

I have a feeling the "hold until the 7th" is because they know this phone will be in huge demand and want to move as many as possible. So, get in to get it right away.
    02-01-13 12:13 PM
    Apparently you are not familiar with the Rogers Communications modus operandi. This is the wireless carrier not BlackBerry causing the artificial delay until their official launch date of Tuesday, February 5, 2013.
    Never did I say anything about BlackBerry causing any delay. Once I find enough time, I will be on the phone to find a proper explanation. Please don't make assumptions about what I am, or am not, familiar with when nothing in my post's have had anything to do with saying BB has caused anything.
    02-01-13 12:18 PM
    Phone is confirmed to be delivered to the store yet they tell me that I can't pick it up until Tuesday...... GRRRRRR!!!!!!
    They can't hand them out until the official launch day. That's it. Nothing more.
    02-01-13 12:22 PM
    I called the store to where mine is shipping (will arrive there today as per UPS). They said even if it arrives today, they can't hand them out until Feb. 5th, the official launch date.

I have a feeling the "hold until the 7th" is because they know this phone will be in huge demand and want to move as many as possible. So, get in to get it right away.
    I think they should have a soft launch. It would make things easier on the store staff, more happy customers as it's not just an in and out thing, and would make it easier on their computer system too as opposed to activateing so many BB's, alongside all their other phones, in one day.

It's a pitty that what I think means squat.
    02-01-13 12:23 PM
    i just got a call from the rogers store....it has arrived but i can only pick it up on the 5th! what a p!ss off!
    Just got the UPS notification that my Z10 has been delivered. It's in the hands of the Rogers store. Man, wish I could get it before Tuesday... sigh...
    mine shows delivered (Edmonton) called my rogers store, they wont release till tuesday
    02-01-13 12:24 PM
    i just got a call from the rogers store....it has arrived but i can only pick it up on the 5th! what a p!ss off!
    They called you to say "hey, it's here but you can't have it" ?? lol... soooo not nice.
    02-01-13 12:29 PM
    They called you to say "hey, it's here but you can't have it" ?? lol... soooo not nice.
    Would you rather they didn't call? At least they are following up with the customer and notifying them. Frustrating to wait until Tue? **** yeah. But it is what it is.
    02-01-13 12:31 PM
    I find it quite ridiculous that they are calling people and telling them its here but you can't have it yet. Protocol should be to call when its there AND ready for pickup.
    02-01-13 12:33 PM
    Man waiting till tues will be hard but lets think about our friends south of the boarder. They have a loooong wait it.
    02-01-13 12:33 PM
    I was very close to changing my order to white but seeing as I will be going with a 3 year contract, I can't see the white looking to good over that period of time. My black 9700, aside from a few nicks here and there, still looks great. White just wouldn't be the same.
    You could have bought a Black gel Skin from CB.
    02-01-13 12:34 PM
    They should be waiting until Monday afternoon to call people. This is torture.
    02-01-13 12:34 PM

i know they might as well have dangled the box on a string right in front of me lol
    02-01-13 12:37 PM
    Would you rather they didn't call? At least they are following up with the customer and notifying them. Frustrating to wait until Tue? **** yeah. But it is what it is.
    I didn't mean it like that. I would expect a call Monday to say "you're phone is ready for pick up as of first thing tomorrow morning." I know I'm being petty here and it's only a few days but to know the device I ordered is a mere 5 minutes away from me at this moment, and I can't go grab it, is frustrating
    02-01-13 12:38 PM
    They should be waiting until Monday afternoon to call people. This is torture.
    100% agree. The ups tracking is fine. We can see that its there. But CALLING us???? Should not happen until monday afternoon. Sir your device is here and is ready for pickup tomorrow
    02-01-13 12:39 PM
    You could have bought a Black gel Skin from CB.
    I like my phones to be naked. I will be using a holster as well so skins don't usually work so well as it's already a perfect fit.
    02-01-13 12:40 PM
    I just got my email from Rogers to say that my device has been shipped and should be at the store I chose within 4 days. WOO HOO!!!
    My Z10 has been delivered to the Rogers store already and I will be calling them in a minute to find out when I can pick it up!
    02-01-13 12:43 PM
    I didn't mean it like that. I would expect a call Monday to say "you're phone is ready for pick up as of first thing tomorrow morning." I know I'm being petty here and it's only a few days but to know the device I ordered is a mere 5 minutes away from me at this moment, and I can't go grab it, is frustrating
    I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. We just gotta wait it out. Tuesday will be here before you know it.
    02-01-13 12:51 PM
    I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. We just gotta wait it out. Tuesday will be here before you know it.
    No. Its not tuesday yet and I know it. Therefore tuesday will not be here before I know it. I need it now!!!!!!

LOL!!!
    02-01-13 01:00 PM
    I just got my call from the Rogers store and they are setting up appointments for pickup to avoid a zoo of a situation and so that people don't have to wait in line forever.

A good idea.

I'm at 11:30am on Tue. Right before lunch. Sweet.
    02-01-13 01:14 PM
    I just got my call from the Rogers store and they are setting up appointments for pickup to avoid a zoo of a situation and so that people don't have to wait in line forever.

A good idea.

I'm at 11:30am on Tue. Right before lunch. Sweet.
    I will refuse if they try and do this to me. I am getting my phone the minute it opens on tuesday, not a set time later in the day. HIGHLY doubt anyone else reserved their device before me at the location I am going to so they have no excuse. First come first serve. I will be there when it opens and they cannot deny me mt reserved device.
    koroshiyax likes this.
    02-01-13 01:49 PM
    Local stores have been known to inadvertently sell phones before official release dates... just saying
    This is true. I remember when I bought my 9900, I got it a day before it was officially released on Rogers. No pre-order, no contract, nothing.
    02-01-13 01:55 PM
165 ... 23456 ...