Hey Guys,

So I don't usually [ever] post about stuff quite as ambiguous as this, but I swear there's a little more than pure conspiracy to it.

Last night I was watching TV and there was an advertisement for Roger's new home automation system (security system, wireless access to stuff like cameras, thermostat, etc) - and in a short clip of the ad where they demonstrate the mobile apps side of it....I swear to god there is a shot of a woman using what looks exactly like the BB10 Touchscreen device picture that leaked a few days ago. I literally stuck around for another 2 commercial breaks to see if I could snap a picture but the same ad didn't play again.

Now this part is likely pure coincidence, but on this site if you scroll down to the posts about "10 things you wouldn't expect to be powered by RIM's QNX"....you'll see one of them is Roger's Smart Home Monitoring.

http://blackberry10news.com/page/2

Keep your eyes out for this ad and let's confirm whether this is total BS or actually something worth investigating!

Bonus points for the first person to get and post a pic.
    09-07-12 09:29 AM
    Isnt there any Youtube link?

Post here

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-07-12 09:42 AM
    Of course I went on a voracious hunt for the ad in every corner of the internet before posting this thread.

The only one on YouTube doesn't have any real people in it; it's all animated and different than the one that's on TV.

I figured if I posted here and unleashed the power of CB nation that we would have a picture and confirmation in no time!
    09-07-12 09:47 AM
    lolol

Maybe it'll be there in a week

09-07-12 10:00 AM
    dude i saw this ad a couple weeks ago and I to thought i was crazy! at that time i was only thinking of the previously leaked photos and the dev alpha.

this post has reminded me and my memory has me thinking it was super identical to the new leaked shots

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-07-12 10:09 AM
    dude i saw this ad a couple weeks ago and I to thought i was crazy! at that time i was only thinking of the previously leaked photos and the dev alpha.

this post has reminded me and my memory has me thinking it was super identical to the new leaked shots

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Wow ok, so I'm not completely crazy. We really need to get a screenshot of that. I wasn't paying full attention but I swear it looked identical to that shot that got leaked of the 'final hardware' on the deck.

Would Rogers be dumb enough to out the design like that? Or did they make the ad with the intention that BlackBerry 10 would be launching in Q3 of this year and it would make total sense?

Everyone look out for this!
    09-07-12 10:31 AM
    many android phones would look similar to the new BB10 device. Its quite possible this is what they have done
    the_kid_hartford likes this.
    09-07-12 10:40 AM
    Yes, I saw that commercial too when I was watching Foxnews and the lady holds the device looks like BB10 phone. My first impression I thought it was BB10 for sure.
    09-07-12 11:14 AM
    many android phones would look similar to the new BB10 device. Its quite possible this is what they have done
    I'm aware, (actually using a Galaxy S3 right now while waiting for BB10) but the phone at a glance that was in the ad really did look distinctly like the photo that was leaked, I'll try to get a pic!
    09-07-12 11:33 AM
    Hehe... We'll see. I imagine their social media team will likely have no idea what I'm talking about.
    09-07-12 03:31 PM
    Last night I was watching TV and there was an advertisement for Roger's new home automation system (security system, wireless access to stuff like cameras, thermostat, etc) - and in a short clip of the ad where they demonstrate the mobile apps side of it....I swear to god there is a shot of a woman using what looks exactly like the BB10 Touchscreen device picture that leaked a few days ago. I literally stuck around for another 2 commercial breaks to see if I could snap a picture but the same ad didn't play again.

Bonus points for the first person to get and post a pic.
    Where can I exchange said points?

Doesn't quite match up, I'm sad to say its most likely an android device

If you want a closer look at the phone, here's a link for the video as well,

Rogers Home Monitoring
    09-07-12 10:50 PM
    Actually if you watch the link from above the second home monitoring video titled Discover Smart Home Monitoring at the 0:55 mark the phone she's holding looks identical to the leaked pic, or am I seeing things?
    Last edited by Jince; 09-07-12 at 11:54 PM.
    09-07-12 11:51 PM
    Actually if you watch the link from above the second home monitoring video titled Discover Smart Home Monitoring at the 0:55 mark the phone she's holding looks identical to the leaked pic, or am I seeing things?
    It's the same phone as in the first commercial. The tops very similar to a BB10 L-series (speaker is actually shorter on the BB10 phone than whats here though). The bottom gives it away as not being the leaked device though. The menu doesn't match and there isn't enough room for the bottom bezel with the BlackBerry logo and the additional portion of the BB10 phone below that.

Edit: the second video is higher quality and you can tell the phone is made from different materials than the leaked BB10 L-series

Conspiracy theory: L-series stands for leaked-series device, N-series stands for non-leaked-series device.

Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 09-08-12 at 12:29 AM.
    09-08-12 12:26 AM
    Yeah if only that phone had 3 buttons instead of 4, and the BlackBerry Logo than we would definitely be drooling!
    09-08-12 03:03 AM
    droid series i believe from moto
    09-08-12 04:45 AM
    Go to www.optimus.pt and search Optimus Madrid.

That looks like a ZTE phone...

09-08-12 05:40 AM
    Here's the link of a pic

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M9J8-Ifuz7...0/DSCN5582.JPG

No leaks for now...

09-08-12 05:43 AM
    I was getting all excited! It was a close one I'd say. If that did turn out to be a BB10 device, oh man, I would have knocked the table over as I jumped out of my seat!
    09-09-12 06:44 PM
    I dunno what it is.. but I can tell you it's not the Madrid. The buttons are different and there is no wire mesh on the earpiece. It's clearly presented as Android but at the same time, non of the footage looks legit either. It's all been Photoshopped to make it indiscernible.
    09-09-12 10:47 PM
    Nice find you guys - Looks like it is some sort of Android device (Kudos to Howarmat for calling that) - The menu, back, etc keys were not visible at first in the commercial. And as Bla1ze pointed out it looks like they tried to mask it all up so that you couldn't discern exactly what kind of smartphone it was.

I'm glad to see that you all could see why I thought it was the BB10 device though! Hopefully we'll start getting more leaks in the weeks to come.
    09-10-12 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD