There you have it, a bit more info/insight from someone whose fiddled with the REAL BB10 Hardware :]

you can find him @RogerWCheng
    Neely2005, visceralberry and zma15 like this.
    08-15-12 08:29 AM
    I like how the QWERTY BlackBerry is similar to the 9900, that phone looks gorgeous. And with the added new OS and updated hardware, it's a dream come true.
    08-15-12 08:33 AM
    Agreed^!
    I like that they plan a "lineup of phones"
    Hopefully in stores we'll see a 'blackberry section' with a good array of devices and LTE Playbooks! AND THEY HAVE REMOVABLE BATTERIES

morales0416 likes this.
    08-15-12 08:36 AM
    Im not sure making the QWERTY BB10 device look similar to the Bold is a smart move.

RIM should ensure their whole BB10 lineup looks very different from their BB7 and earlier devices. They need to visually show that this is not the "same 'ole, same 'ole" from RIM - and not just via the OS... but the device itself. People are so used to RIM releasing a new BB and everyone yawns because it's barely any different. They shouldn't allow people to make this mistake with BB10 devices.

Every little thing to show that they've (hopefully) turned a new page will help.
    mithrazor, smertz and randall2580 like this.
    08-15-12 08:48 AM
    Im not sure making the QWERTY BB10 device look similar to the Bold is a smart move.

RIM should ensure their whole BB10 lineup looks very different from their BB7 and earlier devices. They need to visually show that this is not the "same 'ole, same 'ole" from RIM - and not just via the OS... but the device itself. People are so used to RIM releasing a new BB and everyone yawns because it's barely any different. They shouldn't allow people to make this mistake with BB10 devices.

Every little thing to show that they've (hopefully) turned a new page will help.
    The 9900 is widely regarded as the best looking and performing BB of all time.

The Bold name carries a strong brand recognition
    08-15-12 08:58 AM

While I agree with you, I also feel that this is RIMs tribute to it's legacy. It will be the "next gen" Bold. As he says, it's "sleeker" I'm sure he wanted to say more, but non-disclosure and all that. Just wait, they will be distinctly BlackBerry and still "new". When the Bold sits beside the touchscreen BB10 perceptions will start to change. People will want to see what's changed. Then decide weather they want to yawn or not. Let's remember this BB10 Bold will feature a bezel for touchscreen gestures. It will be a new phone and new experience while using it. Back in June we heard rumors that

The BlackBerry 10 slate will have �a color never before seen on a BlackBerry�.
    [link]

They are playing it all very close to the chest have a little faith!!
    We still have yet to see even a 10th of what these phones will actually be like:

as opposed to:

Personally, I like that we're getting info like this before the release of the iPhone 5. Little leaks of information over the ramp up to launch will bode very well come 2013 for RIM.
    08-15-12 09:03 AM
    I WANT MY TORCH!!! 6 devices bodes well, so long as one of them is a portrait slider with a high resolution / dpi screen, I'm all in.
    ssbtech, Nickerz and Blacklatino like this.
    08-15-12 09:04 AM
    I find it hard to imagine 3 different tiered touchscreen phones without sacrificing resolution. Let's hope RIM has learned that developers don't want fragmentation in screen sizes.
    soren203 likes this.
    08-15-12 09:08 AM
    so pumped, just the wait....oh the wait....
    08-15-12 09:10 AM

I think I could live with a phone about the size of 1 and 1/2 9900 Bolds. In order to have a full keyboard and screen.
    08-15-12 09:12 AM
    Damn NDA! Why 3 phones? Just make 2 fanatstic phones (physical KB and all-touch) and stop making intentionally dumbed down phones. Let the Q1 2013 BB10 phones be the value BB10 phone in 6 months (ie: Q3 2013).
    08-15-12 09:20 AM
    Click to view quoted image

I think I could live with a phone about the size of 1 and 1/2 9900 Bolds. In order to have a full keyboard and screen.
    No thanks.... If I need a bigger screen for something, I'll just break out my PlayBook. I love the fact that the 9900 is a decent size and thin but not so obnoxiously large or long that I can't use it with one hand.
    Just Me likes this.
    08-15-12 09:33 AM
    Damn NDA! Why 3 phones? Just make 2 fanatstic phones (physical KB and all-touch) and stop making intentionally dumbed down phones. Let the Q1 2013 BB10 phones be the value BB10 phone in 6 months (ie: Q3 2013).
    Because they aren't competing against just Apple? Samsung pumps out dozens of phones they need to serve high,medium, and low. Give people choice, as BlackBerry always has
    08-15-12 09:35 AM

I disagree... 1. I absolutely love my Bold 9900 so I don't want any radical changes. 2. Look at how well minor updates have worked for Apple.
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-15-12 09:35 AM

Taller than this?
    Nickerz and mphillips828 like this.
    08-15-12 09:36 AM
    Taller than this?
    That doesn't seem much taller than the current 9900. The issue is, the screen for the full touch will be different than the one with the keyboard, which might cause issues when apps. I am suggesting that I might be okay with having a screen the same size as the full touch and a keyboard.
    08-15-12 09:41 AM
    Sleeker Bold?! Sold...
    08-15-12 09:46 AM
    god, the devices are still 6 months away and but i cant decide which one i'd want. On the one had, i want the full touch cuz the majority of what i use my phone for is content consumption, plus i really wanna try out that new virtual keyboard. But on the other hand, i've heard so many good things about the 99xx keyboard and i reallly wanna give it a go, particularly with BB10 running on it....i really wanna see how Rim has put it all together, but without holding both in my hand its so hard to choose.

I really hope carriers have functional devices to try out in their displays. I hate those plastic phones you see at bestbuy or something. Can't use that to judge jack all.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    08-15-12 10:37 AM
    From the verge comments:
    Definitely focused on portrait orientation. The screens were comparable in size to other phones on the market — the full touch device was not huge. In the 4 inch range. The QWERTY screen is a bit larger than the current Bold, but was square, not rectangular.
    08-15-12 10:39 AM
    From the verge comments:
    This makes sense because we saw a leak stating that the 'N' would have a screen with 720 x 720 resolution.

However I now have more questions...What will be the difference between low end and high end devices? Will they have different screen resolutions or just different processors/camera/features?

It is almost guaranteed that I will buy a BB10 device but I want to wait and see what each device looks like/each devices features.
    08-15-12 10:55 AM
    Your wait will be all of 2013. The 6 devices are set to release throughout the year in spurts. mid 2013 along with the 10" Playbook etc. Don't expect 6 choices at launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 11:51 AM
    Your wait will be all of 2013. The 6 devices are set to release throughout the year in spurts. mid 2013 along with the 10" Playbook etc. Don't expect 6 choices at launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    They would have to Kevin to the emergency room.
    08-15-12 12:07 PM

I agree with this, if it looks remotely the same most consumers won't even know there's a change.

It's like looking at a Porsche, they make subtle changes but the average car driver won't notice the difference, only the enthusiast will.
    08-15-12 12:37 PM
    A sleeker Bold? I'm sold already.
    08-15-12 12:48 PM
    It's called "margins".

Premium phones don't cost that much more to make, but by using slightly better materials and exclusive design features a manufacturer can charge a significantly higher margin.

Lower-end products aren't as profitable, but help build the overall user-base.
    08-15-12 12:58 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD