I was surprised this wasn?t present in the recently announced developer roadmaps, unless it's a feature that developers won't have access to but will be present?

- Developer of PinGuin
    Superfly_FR and richardat like this.
    04-16-14 09:15 AM
    These roadmaps are for 10.3 beta, not for 10.3 gold. You never know...
    Last edited by Marios199546; 04-19-14 at 03:20 PM.
    04-19-14 03:09 PM
    Interesting stuff. Let's wait and see...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    Wait...

Sure us BlackBerry users are pretty good at waiting.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 07:37 PM
    I was surprised this wasn?t present in the recently announced developer roadmaps, unless it's a feature that developers won't have access to but will be present?

- Developer of PinGuin
    Yea I was wondering the same thing. It should be easy for BB10 to support Mirrorlink as QNX has supported it for a while now.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:39 PM
    Yea I was wondering the same thing. It should be easy for BB10 to support Mirrorlink as QNX has supported it for a while now.
    The question is how much does it cost BlackBerry to support it? Like most stuff in tech, the guys that come up with the standards are the ones you pay royalties too. Maybe BlackBerry doesn't see enough of an incentive to enable MirroLink on their devices for right now....
    04-21-14 10:16 AM
    The question is how much does it cost BlackBerry to support it? Like most stuff in tech, the guys that come up with the standards are the ones you pay royalties too. Maybe BlackBerry doesn't see enough of an incentive to enable MirroLink on their devices for right now....
    BlackBerry may not have to pay royalties, since it's a technology built by a consortium, I'm not sure if they're part of the consortium or not.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-21-14 11:54 AM
    BlackBerry may not have to pay royalties, since it's a technology built by a consortium, I'm not sure if they're part of the consortium or not.

- Developer of PinGuin[/URL]
    QNX is a "CORE" member... but it appears that is open for anyone to join, as it is a pretty big consortium (of none board members).

There are no BlackBerry product listed under the MirrorLink� Certified Product Listing for smartphones..... of course doing a search a Samsung Galaxy III was the only one I did find. So they aren't big on updating the site or else MirroLink isn't really all that important yet.
    04-21-14 12:05 PM
    Would love to see that in BB10. The new VW Polo has Mirror Link. But the only devices supported is the HTC M8 atm. But pretty cool to have the complete phone on that Nav Screen of that car!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-21-14 03:14 PM
    Trying to decide on replacing the headunit in my Subaru and mirrorlink support is an issue I'm tackling with. I'm not sure it's better to have miracast or to have mirrorlink. If it's mirrorlink, then the phone is more integrated into the head unit and you are able to control functions of the phone using the UI on the headunit. The problem is that we don't know when we will get actual mirror link support and whether the head units will work properly with the phone. On the other hand, a miracast head unit would mean I can see my phone's screen on the head unit, although I would still need to control things using the phone....decisions, decisions
    05-29-14 12:12 AM
    Trying to decide on replacing the headunit in my Subaru and mirrorlink support is an issue I'm tackling with. I'm not sure it's better to have miracast or to have mirrorlink. If it's mirrorlink, then the phone is more integrated into the head unit and you are able to control functions of the phone using the UI on the headunit. The problem is that we don't know when we will get actual mirror link support and whether the head units will work properly with the phone. On the other hand, a miracast head unit would mean I can see my phone's screen on the head unit, although I would still need to control things using the phone....decisions, decisions
    Eh, I was thinking about getting a big touchscreen in my 2004 Jeep GC after I test drove a 2014. Then I realized I just wanted bluetooth to stream and make phone calls and ordered this for $130: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-H2r0msB...X-N5000BT.html Should be installing it this weekend

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273
    05-29-14 12:44 AM
    Eh, I was thinking about getting a big touchscreen in my 2004 Jeep GC after I test drove a 2014. Then I realized I just wanted bluetooth to stream and make phone calls and ordered this for $130: Sony MEX-N5000BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com Should be installing it this weekend

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273

I'm taking a gamble and trying this out for $240 bucks. Eonon M2 with Miracast| Car GPS | Car DVD GPS | 2 Din Car GPS DVD | In Car DVD | Best Car GPS

Will report back once I have it installed to see how well it works with BB10....
    06-01-14 08:06 PM
    I'm taking a gamble and trying this out for $240 bucks. Eonon M2 with Miracast| Car GPS | Car DVD GPS | 2 Din Car GPS DVD | In Car DVD | Best Car GPS

Will report back once I have it installed to see how well it works with BB10....
    I'd be a bit leary of an off brand, but I won't say too much on that. Its your money mate
    I will say, be very careful about connecting the illumination wire. I discovered last Friday that connecting an illumination wire to a dimmer wire will result in a burned out BCM (Body Control Module). Thankfully I ordered through Crutchfield and they stopped me from making that mistake before hand

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273
    06-02-14 08:48 PM
    Oh, and my Sony works great!
    I installed after work on Friday. After I got everything installed, checked, and setup I pulled my Q out of its holster. Bluetooth off, I swiped it across the NFC marker. It buzzed, turned on bluetooth, asked if I wanted to connect, and was ready to roll in about 2 seconds. Phone calls, audio streaming, and voice command all work nicely To be honest, I think voice command actually seems to work better now LOL!!!
    Unexpected bonuses:
    I can have voice command read my messages.
    When I shut the car off, bluetooth on my Q turns itself off.
    As a side note, connecting my Nexus 7 was more involved. Actually, I had to do it manually LOL!!!

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273
    06-02-14 09:26 PM
    So the question is do all of the existing BlackBerry 10 devices have what is necessary hardware wise to support Mirrorlink when they get the software side working, or will this be like Miracast and some phones will and some phones won't (Z10)? I'm looking to put in an aftermarket stereo into a car that I'll be spending 2 hours plus a day commuting in and will likely get one that supports Mirrorlink, but it would be nice if BlackBerry would start laying out when we can expect to see this and what phones will support it. Kinda sad that they are the only phone company with a branch with concept cars but don't have a single device that currently supports Mirrorlink.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-21-14 12:40 PM
    I believe any of the BlackBerry10 phones will be compatible with Mirrorlink once the software is finished. Hopefully with 10.3

Posted via CB10 on the great Z30
    06-22-14 12:26 AM
    Can the USB ports in the Z10 support Video? Slim port is I believe the standard. If not you have to use an adapter and both the HDMI and USB cable.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by lnichols; 06-22-14 at 07:53 AM.
    06-22-14 06:43 AM
    Z10 has hdmi but touchscreen feedback from the dash is still beeded.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:23 AM
    Blackberry needs to blaze the path. Cheap like airplay or whatever apple has now needs to be eliminated.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:24 AM

In case anyone is wondering, the Eonon micracast implementation DOES work with BB10. The DLNA implementation doesn't quite work (still working on it). Pretty cool to be able to mirror the Hub onto the head unit's screen though.
    07-01-14 12:16 PM
    Put a Pioneer APR3 in my Subie and I am running - still learning the nuances of the UI, with some the phone screen stays lit and if it sleeps, the screen goes with it.

Then I have this naive thought that I can intuitively learn all apps and programs on the run - FAIL!
    sharma6 likes this.
    09-19-14 03:40 PM
    Interesting. While my Mazda3 already has GPS and Pandora and can read my emails/texts, I do like the idea of just mirroring my BlackBerry and controlling it using the car's touch screen and rotary controller while driving. Should simplify things for car manufacturers so they don't have to all develop their own fancy systems. I'm guessing we won't be allowed to watch Netflix or crush candies while driving though.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:15 PM
    Sorry for reflow the thread.
    I'm owner of peugeot 108 whit mirrorlink feature.
    My BlackBerry Classic and passport connect correctly.
    The problem is the radio can't detect any app compatible whit mirrorlink.
    I have all the apps whit mirrorlink from Google play, no luck to me.
    In the bbworld can't find any app for mirrorlink.
    The radio touchscreen shows a black screen and the correct situation is black screen whit the app to launch.
    04-06-16 04:52 AM
47 12