Man, I hope not. I'll be BB loyal as long as they are available. Reading all of the doom and gloom stories not only wrecked my Friday, it got me wondering "where do I go if there is no more BB?".
    Windows " the corporate"?
    iOS "the evil empire"?
    or Android "the anarchist"?
    03-30-12 07:45 PM
    I don't think RIM will die but just out of curiosity...how is android the anarchist? Its a corporate america ad agency OS.
    03-30-12 07:53 PM
    RIM will survive the only question is in what form???? Part of the company is making a whole lot of money... That is why they continue to have money on hand while hemmoraging it on the hardware side....

Time will tell... After all it is only a company folks....
    CairnsRock likes this.
    03-30-12 07:55 PM
    Read the main page.
    03-30-12 07:56 PM
    I have thought the same thing. Although I believe RIM can do it, there's always that "what if" factor. If they don't where do I go? I hate iOS, Android is a fragmented mess IMO, windows phone I have yet to play around with, but as far as Windows on my PC, I hate that too. More of an Ubuntu user myself. (Which is oddly related to Android I know) if there is nothing else out there in the years to come, then I really will be lost.

I know my way around the current BlackBerry OS so well, I'm almost hesitant to make the move to bb10. But I have no doubts that it will be the better choice as I love the PlayBook OS.
    03-30-12 08:03 PM
    The RIMPIRE is Secretly making the Empire bigger and better later this year.
    Just be patient and stop listening to the rumors and media bashing, cause
    RIM is still a player in this Smartphone game they created That's only just begun.
    reschp likes this.
    03-30-12 08:08 PM
    Man, I hope not. I'll be BB loyal as long as they are available. Reading all of the doom and gloom stories not only wrecked my Friday, it got me wondering "where do I go if there is no more BB?".
    Windows " the corporate"?
    iOS "the evil empire"?
    or Android "the anarchist"?
    Whatever you decide, don't listen to the post above me.
    03-30-12 08:18 PM
    Just enjoy your RIM products while you have them and let the future play out on its own. No one knows what is going to happen with RIM.

For the record I don't think RIM is going anywhere. Are they going to be number one again, no way. Can they survive, sure.
    Chrisy and CairnsRock like this.
    03-30-12 08:49 PM
    Yup I checked this morning and my BlackBerry and play book still work. Ifnthe worst happens illegal cross that bridge when it comes.

Man the 1st week or so is always rough around here.
    Good luck and enjoy your bb like most of us around here do.....well it may not be most of us around here anymore. Their seems to be more nay-sayers around here than anything else. It's depressing actually. :S
    03-30-12 09:06 PM
    Don't let it ruin your day. As they say, haters gonna hate, it's the nature of some. I'm definitely planning a return after baseball season, I'd already forked over my money for At-Bat 12, and tbey weren't gonna let me transfer back the license to go back to BB, so I'm making the best of it until 10 launches, unless I swap for a 9930 after the season ends. I have options...
    03-30-12 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD