RIM stock rises 10% on new takeover talk - *News - MSN CA

RIM Stocks Up ! Amazon interested in buying RIM out?
    What do you guys think?
    12-21-11 12:27 PM
    only a matter of time...not if now its when they will get bought out.
    12-21-11 02:11 PM
    No takeovers anytime soon.
    12-21-11 02:14 PM
    I don't think there is any chance it happens before the BB10 phones come out. If they fail, then they will start considering offers. Just my opinion.
    12-21-11 02:20 PM
    RIM's board just said recently that they're gonna focus on building their rep back up before they even consider takeover offers. IMO no one would be willing to pay what they would ask at this point anyway.
    12-21-11 02:26 PM
    12-21-11 02:26 PM
    It has nothing to do with takeover talk. The stock is up because Angry Birds has finally been released for the PlayBook, which validates QNX as a legitimate platform.

Seriously, it's all just talk. Amazon never made a serious offer, but from what I've read, dialog remains ongoing about possible partnerships. All this noise is probably one of those clowns at Jaguar flapping gums trying to stir up unrest, because that's what they do best.
    12-21-11 02:32 PM
    Hmmm I think these rumors and speculations were nothing more than for shareholders to make a quick buck before the holidays

In a couple of days the rumors will all be forgotten and the stock will continue to plummet. RIM isn't going to allow itself to be sold, the co CEO's are simply too proud for that to happen, unless it's a hostile takeover hehe.
    12-21-11 05:32 PM
    This could also be a short squeeze - too many short sellers buying back the stock. Investors will soon realize that nothing is going to happen until the magic day in February, whenever that may be.
    12-21-11 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD