Hi everyone...I must admit I'm a crackberry addict and a crackberry.com addict! Pheww...glad I got that off my chest!!!!!lol

Anyway...I have been very curious about QNX's distributed multi processing and would like some input on ....

1.The potential
    2.The capabilities
    3.How it will impact our backend (ex.BIS/BES) and front end experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 07:50 PM

This is a thread not based to satisfy my curiosity I could satisfy through google search...however how the insightful bb user views it...thanks!

03-01-11 07:52 PM
    Hi everyone...I must admit I'm a crackberry addict and a crackberry.com addict! Pheww...glad I got that off my chest!!!!!lol

Anyway...I have been very curious about QNX's distributed multi processing and would like some input on ....

1.The potential
    2.The capabilities
    3.How it will impact our backend (ex.BIS/BES) and front end experience.

Good that you brought this up! QNX's DMP has crazy number of possibilities, we have seen them only unleash the SMP on the playbook wait until the QNX HH's are available and I dying to see what they will do with their distributed multi-processing, 10 years ago they demoed dragging a program window from one computer to another computer. I would envision it will be of sort like in the Avatar movie where the person drags an program from the monitor/screen on to his hand-held and then walks off with that program running on his handheld.
    03-01-11 09:50 PM
    I wonder if they'll ever go as far as to put QNX onto laptops as well and have it all sync with the PlayBook and QNX HH's or upcoming OS 6.1

03-02-11 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD