i agree ,mistakes like this is why 2000 people were laid off,although it is a small mistake, small ones do add up and they do need a shakeup at the top of the organazation(rim).so lets stop the cover up you guys,it sounded like somthing was coming down.
    07-27-11 07:57 AM
    Why would a professional company tweet about events anyway? These kind of things should be posted on their website under upcoming events and announcements!!
    Last edited by Shlooky; 07-27-11 at 10:35 AM.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    07-27-11 10:33 AM
    i agree ,mistakes like this is why 2000 people were laid off,although it is a small mistake, small ones do add up and they do need a shakeup at the top of the organazation(rim).so lets stop the cover up you guys,it sounded like somthing was coming down.
    People misunderstanding a post on twitter is why 2000 people were fired and is why Mike and Jim should be fired? Just making sure that's what you are saying...
    07-27-11 11:01 AM
    Why would a professional company tweet about events anyway? These kind of things should be posted on their website under upcoming events and announcements!!
    Because social media is the future. No better way to get your point across and start hyping up your product.

BlackBerry's Not-So-Secret Weapon: Social Media

Here's a short excerpt
    BlackBerry is the 2nd most social brand in the world, a top 10 brand on Facebook, and a top 5 brand on Twitter. Where Apple maintains strict control over its online presence with just one voice and a tightly controlled PR department, RIM has openly embraced the social channels for years.
    PS - I love the "grade 3 reading skills" tag lmao
    07-27-11 11:02 AM
    I agree fully with this statement. Quit tweeting like teenagers.make formal appearance, talk to people or to media. What are they, tweeting, are they hiding from people?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 11:05 AM
    Well, their marketing department is doing a better job of marketing their events and roll outs. Their tweets and facebook posts are clear, we have a clear picture of when the new line of phones are coming out, we know when the QNX devices are coming out and that's good because for awhile I thought RIM was lost.
    07-27-11 11:11 AM
    I agree fully with this statement. Quit tweeting like teenagers.make formal appearance, talk to people or to media. What are they, tweeting, are they hiding from people?
    Please answer this question. Which way would an average consumer find out about new Blackberry devices faster? An official press release which could take weeks/months to set up and coordinate, which would then take a few days to be distributed through media outlets. Or a tweet which takes seconds to conceive, type, and tweet.

The latter instantly reaches the half a million followers that @Blackberry has, which would then be retweeted over and over again, conceivably reaching a good amount of the 175+ million twitter users. Not to mention that most media outlets now follow certain twitter acounts, as I am sure Kevin and Bla1ze(sorry if I messed that up) follow @Blackberry, which would in turn lead to faster posting on Crackberry.com and Engadget etc etc.

Still think it's a terrible idea?

EDIT: I forgot the mention the 7.5+ million people who "like" the Blackberry Facebook page, who would also (as long as they haven't blocked notifications) receive the information on their walls. (which they can share with their friends)
    Last edited by 01itr; 07-27-11 at 11:18 AM.
    07-27-11 11:16 AM
    "Winners will receive an invitation to welcome our new BlackBerry smartphones at Fan Night in Toronto on August 3"
    07-27-11 11:19 AM
    Television. Internet. News apps. Twitter.
    Apparently twitter was chosen because its 140 character only so its cheaper to type. Less words you know. And bigger confusion.
    What can rim do to make things worse? Exactly. Confusion.

07-27-11 11:20 AM
    Television. Internet. News apps. Twitter.
    Apparently twitter was chosen because its 140 character only so its cheaper to type. Less words you know. And bigger confusion.
    What can rim do to make things worse? Exactly. Confusion.

You clearly ignored my entire comment.
    07-27-11 11:40 AM
    I thought going thru press release is the way, especially this time. why risk using twitter ? Because its the thing now? Tweet this tweet that. Not professional at all.

07-27-11 11:47 AM
    Was anything announced?
    07-27-11 11:55 AM
    You also have to think on the other side as well. Not everyone follows press releases, blogs and/or a newspaper that might publish information from a RIM press release. So, you can guarantee 500,000 followers on twitter and millions on Facebook see this information immediately. Social media is used by everyone in today's world, even publications and news outlets i.e. New York Times, CNN, etc, so why not use this outlet to get this out there? Yes, it was poorly worded and caused confusion, but it is still a good way to get the information out there. If they would have just issued a press release, it would have taken a full day to make its cycles if not more.
    01itr likes this.
    07-27-11 12:00 PM
    Was anything announced?
    RIM is holding a BB7 Fan Night in Toronto on August 3rd and you can enter for a chance to attend that event.
    07-27-11 12:01 PM
    i dont know if people have mentioned this, but the bold 9900/9930 have been added to the blackberry website as coming soon. I saw them last night. I don't know how long they have been up there though...

can't post the link because of only 2 posts, but go to the canadian blackberry website, and go to the "bold" section
    07-27-11 12:37 PM
    i dont know if people have mentioned this, but the bold 9900/9930 have been added to the blackberry website as coming soon. I saw them last night. I don't know how long they have been up there though...
    ...been there since May when the devices were officially announced
    07-27-11 12:40 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD