early today they tweeted that they were going to officialy launch/release the new OS7 devices. we all know what they are called and their style numbers so its not that big of a shock. what it is though is RIM following threw with what they promised. now sitting here at 11pm EST, aka RIM time, and still nothing..... this is a huge let down. RIM cant afford to break anymore promises to its fanbase eve n if its something we already know.

You gave your word RIM now follow threw with it!!!!!
    mustangv8 likes this.
    07-26-11 10:13 PM
    Okay. I think the tweets were in relation to the contest they announced and the word you are looking for is through not threw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 10:19 PM
    They never said they were going to announce new devices.
    07-26-11 10:22 PM
    They never said they were announcing new devices. They tweeted that new devices were coming, and that they would be giving details tomorrow (today) on BB7 Fan Night.

They were two separate sentences and were not related. I will admit it was confusing (although technically proper) grammar to use. They should have said they would give details ABOUT BB7 Fan Night, because when it was all read together it seemed like they had promised details on new devices to be announced tomorrow (today) at BB7 Fan Night.

I want the new devices as much as the next guy, and when I first read it I got excited too, but after re-reading it a few times I realized what they actually meant.
    07-26-11 10:34 PM
    I don't take that as "Hey here is the new devices"

BlackBerry Research In Motion

You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH
    07-26-11 10:35 PM

You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH
    07-26-11 10:35 PM
    Yeah I had to read it twice though. If you read it quickly one time I see how a person could be mistaken!!
    07-26-11 10:49 PM
    thanks for the info guys. it does read rather odd... you cant tell by my typeing on here but im rather well read and have a quite extensive vocabulary i just cant spell to save my life so it gets rather fusterating :s LOL.

i guess im just taking my anger out on rim when it should be bell i should be yelling at for not having new cdma devices for my area.
    07-26-11 10:50 PM
    thanks for the info guys. it does read rather odd... you cant tell by my typeing on here but im rather well read and have a quite extensive vocabulary i just cant spell to save my life so it gets rather fusterating :s LOL.

i guess im just taking my anger out on rim when it should be bell i should be yelling at for not having new cdma devices for my area.
    No sweat. I've been a little cranky tonight anyway. No offense intended.

07-26-11 11:08 PM
    Not a problem. Everyone is getting up in arms because of one tweet that didn't mean nothing what people are reporting.......

The contest does seem nice, but some release info would be even better
    07-26-11 11:12 PM
    It's par for the course, poor coordination and execution is killing this once mighty brand. There is either total lack of awareness or complete arrogance on rim's part to continually fumble with these kinds of communications.

Deliver already - just drop the devices get them out there and TRY to salvage the user base don't confuse the choir - we might be the only fans left if they continue to wait.
    07-26-11 11:19 PM
    It's par for the course, poor coordination and execution is killing this once mighty brand. There is either total lack of awareness or complete arrogance on rim's part to continually fumble with these kinds of communications.

Deliver already - just drop the devices get them out there and TRY to salvage the user base don't confuse the choir - we might be the only fans left if they continue to wait.
    07-26-11 11:19 PM
    So good, he said it twice.
    Rickroller likes this.
    07-26-11 11:20 PM
    Okay. I think the tweets were in relation to the contest they announced and the word you are looking for is through not threw.

The tweets were not in relation to a contest announced by RIM.

Are you attempting to be smart? You don't start a sentence with okay,and you forgot a comma after announced and through, smart guy.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    07-27-11 01:46 AM
    Are you attempting to be smart? You don't start a sentence with okay,and you forgot a comma after announced and through, smart guy.
    ...and you forgot a space after a comma, smartass

The_PLBs likes this.
    07-27-11 02:23 AM
    Are people acrually trying to criticise RIM's grammar on TWITTER?
    C'mon! Tbat's a new low for the haters.
    07-27-11 04:20 AM
    Yes why not, haters or not haters
    They said new devices tommorow,
    Not only on twitter, go check their facebook they said that
    Engadged reportet it too, from their facebook page not like crackberry with twitter as their source

07-27-11 04:50 AM
    07-27-11 04:51 AM
    All these articles refer back to a TWEET folks....the tweet is the originating source.

As far as a Facebook page...I tried to look for it but could not find which one...there are several pages. I'd really like to see the Facebook page where RIM explicitly states that new devices would be announced.

Not a challenge to you, xterra2.....just a request for that source of information.

Look, I want the devices....badly. But I also understand that to base conclusions on the wording of a tweet is much too speculative.
    01itr likes this.
    07-27-11 05:35 AM
    Here are the FB posts from BB, nothing specifically states that announcements were last night:

Hey Team BlackBerry, what's shiny, new and social all over? We want to tell you all about it. Can you guess what it might be? Tune in tomorrow for details!

Get ready, Team BlackBerry, later today we will kick off the #BB7FanNight contest! Winners get a ticket to the event and get to play with new BlackBerry 7 smartphones -- and win the one of their choice! And that�s not all� stay tuned for details!

Ready? Set? Go, Team BlackBerry! Visit @BlackBerry on Twitter now to enter #BB7FanNight for your chance to win a new BlackBerry 7 smartphone of your choice. That's not all! Winners will receive an invitation to welcome our new BlackBerry smartphones at Fan Night in Toronto on August 3! http://tlk.tc/7c7
    The 1st post more than likely was referencing the new FB app and the 2nd two just was announcing details of the fan event on August 3rd.
    07-27-11 05:49 AM
    Exactly. My point.
    I have not found any announcement from RIM that specifically states new devices would be announced.
    Wording on a tweets can be inherently ambiguous because there is such a short space to try to get a point across.
    If there is anything to be faulted is in trying to announce the new FB app *and* fan night in one tweet. Bad judgement on the part of the writer.
    07-27-11 05:59 AM

Perhaps now that we know what "BB7 Fan Night" is, yes, because we see the tweet has two separate (and hashmarked) subjects, the new devices and BB7 Fan Night. But most people reading this at the time would construe it as RIM stating what we already know -- that the new devices are coming -- with an invitation to check back for the details on the new devices the following day, the evening of which for some reason RIM was calling BB7 Fan Night.

Certainly bla1ze, who is no slouch, had that impression, hence the post on the CB news page.
    07-27-11 06:38 AM
    Perhaps now that we know what "BB7 Fan Night" is, yes, because we see the tweet has two separate (and hashmarked) subjects, the new devices and BB7 Fan Night. But most people reading this at the time would construe it as RIM stating what we already know -- that the new devices are coming -- with an invitation to check back for the details on the new devices the following day, the evening of which for some reason RIM was calling BB7 Fan Night.

Certainly bla1ze, who is no slouch, had that impression, hence the post on the CB news page.
    Last night was not BB7 Fan Night, though. A lot of us thought that was what the message was suggesting but the Fan Night is going to be on Aug 3rd in Toronto, and that was the details given.
    07-27-11 06:47 AM
    Yes why not, haters or not haters
    They said new devices tommorow,
    Not only on twitter, go check their facebook they said that
    Engadged reportet it too, from their facebook page not like crackberry with twitter as their source
    No, they said new devices were coming and to check back tomorrow for details on BB7 Fan Night.
    Last night was not BB7 Fan Night, though. A lot of us thought that was what the message was suggesting but the Fan Night is going to be on Aug 3rd in Toronto, and that was the details given.
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the tweet said that new devices were on their way and that details were going to be given on BB7 Fan Night; and that's what happened.
    Last edited by JohnEnglish; 07-27-11 at 07:21 AM.
    07-27-11 07:09 AM
    No, they said new devices were coming and to check back tomorrow for details on BB7 Fan Night.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the tweet said that new devices were on their way and that details were going to be given on BB7 Fan Night; and that's what happened.
    Here is the tweet:

Now let us break it down.

"New #Blackberry devices are coming w/ our new OS, Blackberry 7!" means that they are coming, nothing more, nothing less, but does not specify when that will occur.

"Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight." means check back tomorrow for details on the BB7 Fan Night event that we now know is going to occur on August 3rd from the tweet yesterday.

I am not disagreeing that the wording was anything but confusing and that is had the opportunity to be misinterpreted, I did at first as well. This is just a product of the 160 char limit on Twitter and poor wording in the message.
    Last edited by ZMc1834; 07-27-11 at 07:27 AM.
    07-27-11 07:25 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD