nice read and kudos to Anders Jeppsson for getting things done, he deserves a lot of credit for how the gaming on the playbook turned out to be so far.

BlackBerry World 2012: Anders Jeppsson on how BlackBerry will be the second great gaming platform | interview | RIM news | PocketGamer.biz

this thing caught my attention

Indeed, he's actually a little annoyed that five big deals couldn't be signed off in time to be announced at BlackBerry World.
    05-03-12 02:50 PM
    I really enjoy the games on the Playbook..
    05-03-12 02:59 PM
    That's cool as long as it does more than games and doesn't turn into a gameboybook.
    05-03-12 03:44 PM
    His job is to bring games to the platform and he delivered. Whether or not the first priority for the playbook is games or business applications I will take my imaginary hat off and give kudos to Anders.

In this day and age, people should be recognized for there contributions...
    05-03-12 08:20 PM
    I thought RIM was for "enterprise" and games were for the iSheep! These forums are so two faced
    Any port in a storm, as the old saying goes.
    05-03-12 08:23 PM
    Whose to say we can't have both? Mobile Computing Revolution! BB10 WAKE UP.
    05-03-12 08:39 PM
    "The PLAYbook! The PLAYbook!" Boss, "The PLAYbook." Reminds me of the opening scene every episode of "Fantasy Island" hen Tattoo announces the arrival of the aircraft carrying their guests.
    05-03-12 08:44 PM
    Thank you for the link to the article. Personally, I think he has been doing a very good job at the gaming side and from the the looks of BBW, it's only going to be getting better. Games certainly help sell the device but more importantly, they also help RIM shed the belief amongst many consumers that a RIM product is for the boring, stuffy, uptight, and no-fun personthat has been plagueing them for quite some time. If you want to attract younger people in the hopes that they being a RIM user for life, your products need to be able to entertain - and the Playbook, along with BB10, is well underway of doing just that.

I wish I knew what the 5 big deals he's referring to are. I also like the comments about security as well; that might be quite advantageous for developers concerned about their games being stolen.

In any event, I think RIM should be quite pleased with what this individual has done. I know I certainly am.
    jechow and sf49ers like this.
    05-04-12 04:39 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    RIM is making great strides with the Playbook .. its really quite impressive as it is already! .. but continues to get better each month ... no regrets!
    05-04-12 05:02 AM
    I'm not paying attention until RIM makes game controllers or makes an app for BB10 BT to work with XBOX and/or PS3 controllers.
    05-04-12 05:43 AM
    I thought RIM was for "enterprise" and games were for the iSheep! These forums are so two faced
    Nothing wrong with them having good people working hard to encourage 3rd party developers to make games for the platform, providing rim maintains its own focus on work rather than play.

One article that indicates how there would be room for bb10 to move into the #2 spot ahead of android would be this one - Dear Android: a 9:1 piracy rate for games is not good enough (Wired UK) where a well known developer in the pc market is speaking rather negatively about their experiences with making an android version of the ios app.
    05-04-12 07:31 AM
    Nothing wrong with them having good people working hard to encourage 3rd party developers to make games for the platform, providing rim maintains its own focus on work rather than play.

One article that indicates how there would be room for bb10 to move into the #2 spot ahead of android would be this one - Dear Android: a 9:1 piracy rate for games is not good enough (Wired UK) where a well known developer in the pc market is speaking rather negatively about their experiences with making an android version of the ios app.
    wow that's bad 9:1 ratio, and they say we about security look at what is happening to this Dev, I'm happy knowing that the apps that I make will be bought in the app world.Devs care about security for their apps. I read a comment stating that they will not buy an app if its more than $1,do they know the time it takes to make an app,this crap hurts me. If my apps get big on the market and Android users is ******** for me to port it over I will not because of pirating.
    05-04-12 08:40 AM
    From some other comments on the subject I have seen, the ratios don't seem to improve if the prices are lower either.
    05-04-12 09:15 AM
    Need more games! Many more games! Even bigger titles!

So you're in a group and all connect intranet.. everyones driving a car.. amazing stuff!
    05-11-12 01:07 AM
    oh please please please, bring football manager to the playbook......
    05-11-12 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD