After spending some time now with my new Playbook, I am sure RIM will be fine. If the new phones work half as slick as the Playbook does, RIM will be back in better form. I absolutely LOVE the PB !!!! In fact, I had to hide it from my 14 year old son when I went to work today, as he is now in love with it, and he doesnt even really like Blackberries.
    This was FOR SURE one of my favourite Xmas presents in many years !!
    Thank you RIM.
    12-26-11 08:56 PM
    I believe if more people got to play around with it they would realize how great a piece of hardware the playbook really is.
    12-26-11 09:07 PM
    I don't care what anyone says and I know many will disagree but it is a great piece of hardware.

i had to do the same with my boys so Santa brought them one each. now i don't have to hide mine anymore.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-26-11 09:35 PM
    The PlayBook is fine its the pple who sell it and the marketing
    12-26-11 10:25 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    love the playbook! .. sitting poolside in Maui taking pics, posting pics, browsing the internet, listening to music ... form factor is amazing!!! ...
    12-26-11 10:29 PM
    The PlayBook is fine its the pple who sell it and the marketing
    Unfortunately this is true. I really wish RIM steps up their marketing game very soon or else they're in trouble. Again the only way people heard about these big sales is through their friends, family or retailer ads. I am a blackberry fan and I hope to see some big changes in the marketing department, specifically flooding the air waves with TV Ads in order to get the word out faster.
    12-26-11 10:46 PM
    For me it is hard to say how RIM is going to fair in the future. I personally like everything about blackberry phones.

Blackberry seems to miss the ball on a lot of things. One example is they launches bbm music. It is actually a lot of fun and a great way to find new music and new bands that you like; It has the potential to be huge. They launch the app, but they don't give you a good way to connect with other bbm music people. There is no website to find people with similar music tastes or anything like that.
    12-26-11 11:32 PM
    The hardware is great. I don't own one, but I got my son a Kindle Fire for Christmas (same build). It's the software and the company that's killing BB's and PB's.
    12-27-11 03:08 AM
    Yep RIM will rule.
    And here is the logo for when RIM buys Apple:
    Attachment 99428

12-27-11 03:34 AM
    Yep RIM will rule.
    And here is the logo for when RIM buys Apple:
    Attachment 99428

nah. it should actually be a BB Logo which is on top of a graveyard with Apple Logo and says R.I.P. That would make my day
    Last edited by ichat; 12-27-11 at 05:49 AM. Reason: YAYAYAYAYAAYA MY 800th Post! Almost A CB Master. 200 More....
    12-27-11 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD