This is my first post here, and it's a rambler. Believe me when I say I feel like this is a suicide note or something!!

1 BlackBerry 7290
    1 BlackBerry 8700
    1 BlackBerry 8800
    2 BlackBerry Curves
    5 BlackBerry 9000's
    4 BlackBerry 9700's
    3 BlackBerry Torches
    2 BlackBerry 9900's

That's how many BlackBerry's I've had.

I am RIM's biggest fan. But I've had my Bold 9900 for almost a year now. This is highly unusual for me (by the way, there are 12 other various phones not on that list that I've had). I stuck with my 9900 for so long because in my eyes, it was, and really still is, one of the best phones available.

However, I'm sorry RIM. I just can't wait until 2013. I was so excited to upgrade to BB10 when we all thought it was coming in August. So excited, and then the news came that there was a massive delay.

I've never been an iPhone hater, in fact in my strongest BlackBerry fanboy days, I've always kept up to date with the latest iPhone rumours etc. I never had anything against them but, I didn't, and still don't, think they offer a phone that can give me everything I need. The iPhone 4S just doesn't cut it for me.

However, I'm honestly (seriously) saddened to say that I will be getting the iPhone 5 when it comes out in September. I need a change, and unfortunately RIM just isn't there for me right now.

There have always been 3 main things that have kept me from the iPhone. They are:

1) No "real" push E-mail: I LOVE my @rogers.blackberry.net email address. It has been my absolute MAIN E-mail account for YEARS. I still get so impressed when someone sends an E-mail to it and it's literally milliseconds after that I receive it on my BB. While I don't trust the @me.com account Apple provides in terms of matching RIM's speed, I have come to the realization; I'm not THAT important of a person. I SUPPOSE I can wait an extra 5 seconds for an E-mail to send or receive.

2) BBM: I love BBM. My whole family has it, and my two best friends have it. That's all that matters to me. It seriously keeps me so connected and the thought of losing it sucks. However, as I watched my BBM list go from 100 contacts to 25 in less than a year, as well as the fact that my best friend and my family are also planning to switch to the iPhone, I'm starting to think I might be able to deal with iMessage.

3) The Keyboard: This is the biggest thing keeping me from the iPhone. I swear, the day that Apple makes an iPhone with a keyboard, it will KILL BlackBerry even deader than it already is. I'm going to HATE not having a keyboard. But, I will just have to get used to this.

There are just so many things about RIM/BB that are just no longer acceptable. I hate having to pull my battery. I hate the fact that there is even the option to do so. I HATE APP WORLD. It is the most pathetic excuse for an app store I have ever seen. I've talked to so many people about it; it is just an absolute PAIN to use. It's slow, clunky, ugly, crowded, poorly designed, and freezes constantly. All of this might be acceptable if BlackBerry had ANY good apps, but it doesn't.

I'm sick of not having apps. It's so funny. An "app" is such an afterthought for me as a BlackBerry user. An app? What's that? As an extremely hard core BlackBerry user I can honestly say, I do not have ONE. SINGLE. third party BlackBerry app on my phone. It's abysmal to say the least.

I know that I don't sound like BlackBerry's biggest fan. Perhaps their biggest fan would be so loyal as to never leave. But, it's time for a change.

All that said, I'm not bitter against RIM, BlackBerry, or the big Thor. I'll absolutely still continue to follow BlackBerry's every move. If BB10 impresses me when it's finally released, perhaps I'll jump ship from Apple back to BB. But for now, it's just too little, too late.

GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD

- fin -
    moosifer likes this.
    08-16-12 12:03 AM
    The appropriate place for this post is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    08-16-12 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD