With every world news agency reporting on this outage, which has now hit the United States and Canada, RIM are "unavailable for comment" according to the WSJ.

The mess RIM is in currently they should be sending out constant updates to their customers, both carriers and individuals, of the status of their repairs. How do they expect to keep the few that are still hanging on as customers with this MO?

They have a twitter account, USE IT!
    10-12-11 09:23 AM
    Do we really need another thread for this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-12-11 09:38 AM
    Yes..........

10-12-11 09:40 AM
    Everything appears to be back up & here's a nice feature I didn't realize existed. I had expected to get all sort of email notifications but because I had already read the emails on another device they merely synced themselves to my messages app in the background already marked as read. I guess gmail syncing does work pretty well. The social apps are still a bit sluggish but alls well that ends well.

And RIM did actually issue a few updates throughout the day. I'm glad they did that even if it took a while for them to respond publicly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-12-11 06:49 PM
    They still are arrogant, sometimes. It's a fault they have.
    10-12-11 07:02 PM
    What i'd like to see is a real time "services status page". I have one for my own server and I'm hardly as advanced as RIM. If I can do it so can they.
    kbz1960, Laura Knotek and howarmat like this.
    10-12-11 07:10 PM
    10-12-11 07:13 PM
    Do we really need another thread for this?

Yes we do Mike L
    10-12-11 07:14 PM
    What i'd like to see is a real time "services status page". I have one for my own server and I'm hardly as advanced as RIM. If I can do it so can they.
    That would be great. Wouldn't have done me any good today as where I was without my bb I have no access to even check lol.
    10-12-11 07:14 PM
    I saw that earlier but its not what I have in mind. Its nice that rim waited 2 days to start posting a few statements but it did nothing for users to check their services status. I'm thinking a map with red/yellow/green for each service (email, bbm, web etc) for each locale & an eta for restoration. That way if I lose connectivity I can check the map from any browser, get an idea of what to expect timewise & also rule out my carrier as the problem. Too many time I've lost some sort of service & wasted time with the carrier only to find it was a RIM problem that even the carrier didn't know about. Servers now-a-days are perfectly capable of providing info like this automatically & populating the data without human intervention.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-11 07:30 PM
    I would like to see something similar to Google Apps Status Dashboard.
    10-12-11 07:36 PM
    Yes, something like that would be great.

I would like to see something similar to Google Apps Status Dashboard.
    10-12-11 07:43 PM
    Too many threads like this... -.-
    Why don't people use the search function?

10-12-11 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD