More bgr bs
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

mind elaborating on what exactly is BS? are you claiming that article is false? because it's well documented on wsj cnn bloomberg msnbc...?
    06-17-11 03:55 PM
    Bgr has so much hatred for bb its sickening. Bgr does not get money from bb like they do from apple and others.

06-17-11 03:59 PM
    gucci you're right, but its no use trying to tell katiepea that
    he's a bgr fanboy and bashing rim in every thread, and repeating every **** he's posting over and over and over again
    06-17-11 04:04 PM
    that would be ideal, at the end of the day, it's coming down to apps, unfortunately RIM seems to have totally fumbled in this scenario
    I have more apps on my bb than my iPad 2. But I agree it's nice to say the menu is fairly broad even if you don't order every dish.
    06-17-11 04:05 PM
    gucci you're right, but its no use trying to tell katiepea that
    he's a bgr fanboy and bashing rim in every thread, and repeating every **** he's posting over and over and over again
    hmm, no, i actually think bgr is pretty terrible "journalism" why are you angry and swearing? i haven't bashed RIM at all
    06-17-11 04:14 PM
    Bgr has so much hatred for bb its sickening. Bgr does not get money from bb like they do from apple and others.
    The quality of journalism (if you can call it that) at BGR can easily be questioned. I'm not a fan of BGR myself. That being said... I wouldn't go as far to say they hold any kind of hatred for BB and go out of their way to bag on RIM just for the sake of doing so. There have been occasions when they have posted positive articles on RIM/BB. Unfortunately, there's been less opportunity for them to do so over the last couple years.

Check out a couple Android or Apple forums, and you'll see users there making the same "BGR is always biased against <insert favorite brand here> and favors <insert competing brand here>" comments.
    06-17-11 04:15 PM
    mind elaborating on what exactly is BS? are you claiming that article is false? because it's well documented on wsj cnn bloomberg msnbc...?
    It's not BS but it's not entirely correct. Jarislowsky was RIM's 4th biggest share holder and is now it's 6th biggest after he sold half of his stake.
    Last edited by JohnEnglish; 06-18-11 at 04:38 PM.
    06-17-11 04:34 PM
    Crazy idea of the day:

People should donate money to a crackberry account. Then Kevin takes the money and buys a huge amount of RIMM stock and then become a major say in the company and use the site for a ocean of information.

I have no idea on how much stock it takes to buy to get a major say or how much stock is avaliable right now to buy or if this idea would even work. But I thought I'd throw it out there. : )

06-17-11 05:31 PM
    Crazy idea of the day:

People should donate money to a crackberry account. Then Kevin takes the money and buys a huge amount of RIMM stock and then become a major say in the company and use the site for a ocean of information.

I have no idea on how much stock it takes to buy to get a major say or how much stock is avaliable right now to buy or if this idea would even work. But I thought I'd throw it out there. : )

Kevin would basically have to buy out either Mike or Jim to get any real say in the company.
    06-17-11 06:53 PM
    True. I think it would be cool to have a big investor in RIM with the people interests at heart instead of profits. They would need to collect a lot of money in order to be a big investor though. RIM pays attention to CrackBerry but if they were to be an investor they would REALLY pat attention to them. Well, as much attention they pay to their investors. Which as it seems isn't too much. But we really have no idea on what they do or don't do behind closed doors. We can only speculate. But we do see the end result so it seems like they haven't been doing much...

06-17-11 07:27 PM
    True. I think it would be cool to have a big investor in RIM with the people interests at heart instead of profits. They would need to collect a lot of money in order to be a big investor though. RIM pays attention to CrackBerry but if they were to be an investor they would REALLY pat attention to them. Well, as much attention they pay to their investors. Which as it seems isn't too much. But we really have no idea on what they do or don't do behind closed doors. We can only speculate. But we do see the end result so it seems like they haven't been doing much...

Please explain to me just HOW RIM listens to CB. I'd really love to know.
    06-18-11 12:49 AM
    I said they pay attention to it. We can clearly see that they don't take our opinions to heart. But neither do they ignore a BB site with 3+ million subscribers. I wish they actually listen to what people on here have to say and use it for the betterment of their company and phones/tablets.

rollingrock1988 likes this.
    06-18-11 01:17 AM
    I said they pay attention to it. We can clearly see that they don't take our opinions to heart. But neither do they ignore a BB site with 3+ million subscribers. I wish they actually listen to what people on here have to say and use it for the betterment of their company and phones/tablets.

You mean for things like:

1. no more truncated emails
    2. no more spontaneous rebooting (more of a problem on Storms)
    3. MORE APPS.
    4. far faster web browsing.

"Little things" like that?
    06-18-11 11:51 AM
    You mean for things like:

1. no more truncated emails
    2. no more spontaneous rebooting (more of a problem on Storms)
    3. MORE APPS.
    4. far faster web browsing.
    My Storm 2 hasn't rebooted even once since I updated it to 1015 last year.
    06-18-11 12:12 PM
    The stockholders are leaving because they do not see a positive path in rims future. This is not good no matter what anyone says.

That being said, the next few phones that are released could change that path. Only time will tell, but the major investors see nothing groundbreaking about QNX or the touch series being released.
    06-18-11 12:14 PM
    My Storm 2 hasn't rebooted even once since I updated it to 1015 last year.
    Well, aren't you special?!
    06-18-11 12:55 PM
    The stockholders are leaving because they do not see a positive path in rims future. This is not good no matter what anyone says.

That being said, the next few phones that are released could change that path. Only time will tell, but the major investors see nothing groundbreaking about QNX or the touch series being released.
    I think major investors are astute enough to realize that a new OS isn't the only thing RIM needs for success. The list of problems is listed just about anywhere people discuss RIM (other than in fanboi's lairs where telling the truth is frowned upon). I'm too lazy to list the full list of issues that RIM has, but at the top of my list is:

1. too slow to replace aging models
    2. bad rapport with app developers
    3. avoidance of 4G ("because it will compromise battery life". WHAT?? that hasn't stopped Androids from selling 4G phones. GET REAL)
    06-18-11 01:00 PM
    It's funny they're being to not feel confidence in RIM as of now. To be perfectly honest, I dumped my RIM stock when the original Storm came out. I'd eventually go on to buy a 9700 a 9650 a Storm 2 and a Playbook after that butas an investor RIM is a real **** bet.
    06-19-11 07:09 AM
    The only ones who will be interested in the QNX devices that will be released in 2012 will be the existing BlackBerry users. It won't lure people on iOS and Android to jump ship and move to BlackBerry.
    I don't know if you can be so sure about that. I've seen many that said they would never move from bb and have. People are fickle.
    06-19-11 07:25 AM
    RIM should really focus on keeping customers happy and not wooing investors. Reacycling older devices in order to maintain profitability is hurting them right now. Shareholders will dump you as soon as you ran into trouble, loyal customer will stay by your side during tough times.

This message is approved by my transformer
    Off topic but if your messages need to approved by your device I think the borg really is here. HELP! Seriously isn't that a dumb line?

This message approved by me.
    06-19-11 07:35 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD