So the mindless masses use a device that runs a smooth OS that looks great (iPhone, Android, WebOS), while the smart masses use the BB OS, which is ancient and boring? Your logic is flawed.

You like your BB and others like their iPhones, Pres and Droids. No one is smarter than the other for their choice of a PHONE. You are mindless for thinking so.
    I'm relatively new to both my BB and this site, but I was actually impressed at how few flame wars there were between BB and iPhone. I think the vast majority of people on this site acknowledge that iPhone does certain things better than any BB device. The difference is that while many iPod owners never thought about getting a Blackberry, I would almost guarantee you that practically every person who bought a Blackberry has heard of the iPhone and made some conscious choice to buy a Blackberry instead.

There are iPhone users who are extremely sophisticated, and then there are teenage girls who just wanted an iPod they can make calls with. But as a person who just bought a 9700, and sees myself likely considering another BB when my contract is up in 2 years, I do hope that they're working on moving the technology forward so that I can stick with RIM and feel like my upgrade was worth it.
    01-29-10 12:30 PM
    I would prefer to see software upgrades rather than new hardware. I think RIM needs to make their webkit browser their number one priority!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 02:39 PM
    I agree with this. there's already so many good looking models out there.... they should focus more on Developing there browser and other important things instead of making 101 different " if you could call it that " blackberry's. Don't get me wrong i really don't have much to complain about i use the 97 because It's the best at what i need it to do and I'm not that big of a web browser on my phone..... I use to have the iphone for a good period of time. It was a great device but the berry does what i need better and for some the Iphone does better for the things they need.

One thing that kills me on the berry and i would love to see is a better Alarm.... Why only 1 time selection.... I like to have 3 different alarms ( hard time waking up in the morning ). Also better email sync wit BIS. If you give me that and you do make a more decent browser then i would say. Bravo RIM Bravo lol.

I would prefer to see software upgrades rather than new hardware. I think RIM needs to make their webkit browser their number one priority!!!

01-29-10 02:57 PM
    16 devices?

I call BS. A variation in each model shouldn't be considered a new device (if that's how you're getting the number to 16).
    01-29-10 03:20 PM
    So the mindless masses use a device that runs a smooth OS that looks great (iPhone, Android, WebOS), while the smart masses use the BB OS, which is ancient and boring? Your logic is flawed.

You like your BB and others like their iPhones, Pres and Droids. No one is smarter than the other for their choice of a PHONE. You are mindless for thinking so.
    You saw my negative comments only on the Iphone!! I also posted my positive remarks so you should probably get your panties in a bunch over that as well. I will try and re-post it.

01-29-10 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by LoS24:
    lol mindless masses. I love the blind hatred for iPhones that I see on this site sometimes.

I don't really hate the Iphone, I would love for it to be on the Verizon network because its good for business. More money means an even better network and more $ to go to making Americas (not first like sprint claims) LARGEST LTE network. It has forced the world to start producing technological change even faster creating new niche markets for companies to exploit. Its a good thing, I just prefer to go against the grain. Its not blind sir... Not at all.

01-29-10 03:27 PM
    It feels like we had this topic a year ago, and the year before that..
    01-30-10 01:06 AM
    RIM needs to stop focusing on a million variations of essentially the same hardware, and focus on updating their archaic OS.... that's where they are most behind....
    +1.I'm with you.
    01-30-10 02:45 AM
    Good point. Some of the new ~16 devices are:

- new Pearl x4, or x5 (GSM-ATT/Tmo, CDMA-Verizon/Sprint --one with wi-fi one without--, one with gps and no gps and one for Europe/Asia-which will probably have wifi, gps and everything else)
    - the new Tour, which will probably be coming in two versions, one with camera and one without a camera
    - Magnum/Dakota x4 (again GSM, CDMA --wi-fi, no wi-fi--, and an international)
    - new Storm, Storm 3
    - new Bold x2 or x3

There you go, those are the ~16 BlackBerry devices coming out this year.
    This probably won't happen as Verizon has said all future BBs will have wifi. I believe same with Sprint but I could be wrong.
    01-30-10 09:34 AM
    probably china bound BB's will get wifi stripped out...
    01-30-10 09:44 AM
    Where's the FLASH for present OS 5.0 devices
    Its the 2nd month of 2010!
    Flash support first storm3,magnum... After
    01-30-10 10:54 AM
    Where's the FLASH for present OS 5.0 devices
    Its the 2nd month of 2010!
    Flash support first storm3,magnum... After
    Source please

01-30-10 03:12 PM
    RIM needs to stop focusing on a million variations of essentially the same hardware, and focus on updating their archaic OS.... that's where they are most behind....
    EXACTLY!

I'd say even their hardware is slipping;
    1) Ditch the SurePress
    2) Get control of the QC issues
    3) Slim down the product offering and standardize the OS so developers HAVE A CHANCE to write apps
    4) Release fewer devices and make them more significant when released

If my blackberry wasn't supplied by work I'd be elsewhere.

01-30-10 04:09 PM
    I agree with CGI in many ways.

But for some reason I really do like the Storm2....I rarely like touch screen phones. Had an iPhone, hate them now, played with plenty of TS...most are slow and ****ty feel but the SurePress I like.

I just got the 9700 about 2 months ago. Upgraded from the 9000. The major differences I see with such a "big" upgrade....Menus, in and outs of programs much quicker, Camera/Video/Flash, battery life and size.

I want to know if they are every going to bring the Storm over to AT&T. I would probably deeply consider getting the Storm3 when it comes out. I would love to have them for AT&T...heard rumors they might.
    01-31-10 02:33 PM
    Lets hope that this lag in new devices means they are totally revamping the platform. I mean something totally new, a whole new form factor. And these 16 new devices this year will be big. It makes sense the tenth aniversary for a ground shattering redesign. We will just have to wait and see.
    01-31-10 02:51 PM
    its too many phones comming out i got the tour and upgraded os to 5.0 so i dont have to buy the tour 2 (who really uses wifi come on )now a cdma magnum !!! damn man im not rich like that lol but rim do need to upgrade the web kit i use bolt browser and its great for me
    01-31-10 03:04 PM
    **** rim!!
    01-31-10 07:34 PM
    Biggest needs:
    Better memory management
    Better browser
    Better apps and developer support
    01-31-10 10:00 PM
    sounds like 6.0 in the works... 5.2 would be next... no timeline... and coming from the boy... suspect at best...

BlackBerry OS 6.0 in the works… � Boy Genius Report
    02-02-10 06:04 AM
    don't u guys think that RIM should upgrade the OS as well?
    02-02-10 09:36 AM
    Biggest needs:
    Better memory management
    Better browser
    Better apps and developer support
    That seems a reasonable summation and comically none of it needs them to completely throw away their existing OS the way so many people online seem to claim.
    02-02-10 10:51 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD