I didn't see a big difference between iOS versions, but they still gave it a new version number. Apple has done a fine job and can call it whatever they like.
    If Apple were struggling the way RIM is now it would receive a lot more criticism. Back when Apple was really struggling in the late 90s they received PLENTY of bad press. It may not be fair, but it's the way it is.
    08-05-11 12:58 AM
    I am sure they stopped reading your letter at this point:
    "The facts are clear that these new devices are on par with the current smartphone competition."

While I do think the article was a hack job we need to get real.

To accept what RIM is handing out right now does us no good and hurts RIM even further.

As I stated a few months ago, OS7 and this line of phones will not turn RIM around and these phones will soon be overshadowed, if not already, by the new IPhone and Droids.

I feel that instead of RIM bringing out 7 new phones they should of put all that effort and money into one QNX customer ready touch only phone that would be ready for the holiday sales rush. But instead they warmed up the same old OS, put it in a shiny new box and diluted themselves.

Their **** is being kicked by one phone, the IPhone. Why can't they produce just
    one phone to take it on? (Jim and Mike are the reason)

Again, I like Blackberry and use both my Bold and PB all the time, but it hurts to see
    such talent and ability be pissed away by the two clowns at the top.

Tim
    08-05-11 10:32 AM
    I am sure they stopped reading your letter at this point:
    "The facts are clear that these new devices are on par with the current smartphone competition."

While I do think the article was a hack job we need to get real.

To accept what RIM is handing out right now does us no good and hurts RIM even further.

As I stated a few months ago, OS7 and this line of phones will not turn RIM around and these phones will soon be overshadowed, if not already, by the new IPhone and Droids.

I feel that instead of RIM bringing out 7 new phones they should of put all that effort and money into one QNX customer ready touch only phone that would be ready for the holiday sales rush. But instead they warmed up the same old OS, put it in a shiny new box and diluted themselves.

Their **** is being kicked by one phone, the IPhone. Why can't they produce just
    one phone to take it on? (Jim and Mike are the reason)

Again, I like Blackberry and use both my Bold and PB all the time, but it hurts to see
    such talent and ability be pissed away by the two clowns at the top.

Tim
    -The specs are on par with the average smartphone.
    -They didn't just warm up the OS, they made it better

AND, although I dislike hearing biased views on RIM's Blackberry lineup, I'm kinda glad they have some pressure on them to really listen to consumers and aim high.

BUT, I agree that they don't seem to have the best sense on what consumers lust for in a device. Many people effectively we hoping for a samsung galaxy s2 running BBOS and eventually QNX on it. It's that large touchscreen, the capacitive buttons, the dual-core chip and other fancy specs that drove many people in the US to android. If blackberry made one of those with an android app player, they would attract lots of android users. But this is not within the Blackberry image so I don't see them going this route.
    08-05-11 06:14 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD