Looks like RIM High level execs are ready to open up a can of "whoop ***".....Enjoy the read and sound off....

I see a very interesting late 2011.....and a completely new RIM in 2011 IMHO

__________________________________________________ __

Steve Jobs loves his new Playbook!
    01itr likes this.
    08-10-11 11:35 PM
    They talk the talk, let see if RIM can walk the walk too!

Tim
    the_sleuth likes this.
    08-10-11 11:41 PM
    It's interesting who they consider "competition". Does Sony Ericsson still make phones?
    08-10-11 11:45 PM
    It's interesting who they consider "competition". Does Sony Ericsson still make phones?
    They're still the preferred OEM for Neo, Morpheus and Cypher.
    kevinnugent and StaticFX like this.
    08-10-11 11:52 PM
    I've seen a lot of presentations from various corporations that take similar strides to motivate employees. And that's what I see as the intent behind this... pretty much a powerpoint presentation to pump up and encourage their employees. Nothing wrong with that at all, as they really need to rally the troops and start pumping out quality competitive products.

One thing that kinda grinds my gears though... it's the whole "RIM is an intellectually-charged purchase competing in an emotionally-driven marketplace" attitude. That's direct from one of their slides, and continues on with the concept in a later slide to some extent. IMHO, what's been holding RIM back is their reluctance to keep up with current trends and produce what the consumer is asking for. Now sure, the presentation admits to that at a certain (albeit low) level, but it continues to support the attitude that RIM knows better than the consumer and that the consumer is blind to what is important.

The whole "RIM is an intellectually-charged purchase competing in an emotionally-driven marketplace" is a sugar-coated method of saying "We make a great product but the consumer is too stupid to see it."
    08-11-11 12:13 AM
    Saw that myself, Jonathan Geller (BGR) and people on the comments below the slide are calling this a fake though. It seems a little tacky to me, though the message is right and if this is really true then I'm happy there's going to be an attitude change over at RIM.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-11-11 12:32 AM
    Simple economics... Build a better mouse trap, and they will beat a path to your door. But is it reallllly better because we say so? Get some "junk-food" apps in the store, and they will come.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 12:36 AM
    Too late RIM, and I'm sure many remaining employees are looking to flee/join competitors after the large layoff, and continual lowered earnings estimates.
    08-11-11 12:45 AM
    Saw that myself, Jonathan Geller (BGR) and people on the comments below the slide are calling this a fake though. It seems a little tacky to me, though the message is right and if this is really true then I'm happy there's going to be an attitude change over at RIM.
    I also personally think it's fake I mean it doesn't seem to be a professional-grade slideshow.
    08-11-11 12:48 AM
    Garbage. It's almost laughable.

08-11-11 01:45 AM
    That is the cheesiest presentation I've ever seen. Absolutely devoid of substance.
    *If* it is real, they really need to hire some new fresh blood.

08-11-11 05:44 AM
    Seems like a complete fake, even if they were planning to do a presentation like this, there is no way it wouldn't be done internally which isn't the case if you read the first slide.
    08-11-11 06:16 AM
    So does this mean RIM finally realizes they can't put out refresh devices every year now?
    08-11-11 06:33 AM
    I also personally think it's fake I mean it doesn't seem to be a professional-grade slideshow.
    Professional grade is a term used far too carelessly around here...
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-11-11 06:35 AM
    I'm gonna call fake on this one.

The fine print (under the Berry Review logo) says
    "Prepared for Research In Motion Limited June 2011
    &copy John J Simpson
    [email protected]"

a google search for John J Simpson and JohnJSimpson.com leads to sparingly few results, suggesting a poor online identity. I do not believe this was someone hired by RIM to create such a document. It is likely somebody with a small marketing business (John J Simpson has an empty linkedin profile stating he is a marketing professional in Las Vegas) trying to get a company like RIM to hire him. He probably sent RIM the deck and when he never heard back he leaked it to BerryReview ("a new tipster").
    sosumi11 likes this.
    08-11-11 06:51 AM
    that has got to be the worst fake.
    Does anyone actually believe a slide for any large corporation would look like this???

there is a SMILEY on it. Im sorry.. no respectable big company employee would walk into a meeting and pass this crap out, or display it up on a screen. They would get laughed at, then fired.....nuff said.
    08-11-11 07:39 AM
    The rebel forces of Apple, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, and Sony Ericsson must unite to completely destroy Sith Jim's and Darth Lazardis's RIMpire.
    08-11-11 07:51 AM
    "Don't be another car on the train. DRIVE the train!"

Wooo Wooo!! All aboard the PAIN TRAIN

Lol..
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-11-11 09:25 AM
    that has got to be the worst fake.
    Does anyone actually believe a slide for any large corporation would look like this???

there is a SMILEY on it. Im sorry.. no respectable big company employee would walk into a meeting and pass this crap out, or display it up on a screen. They would get laughed at, then fired.....nuff said.
    I'm sorry, I work at a very large well known company and they do grade school crap here like cut pictures out of a magazine and paste them to cardboard for team building and other things. I often wonder if I'm in grade school or at work.
    gravymonster likes this.
    08-11-11 09:44 AM
    a big +1 over here. ther is no way that is a slideshow coming out from RIM. if you have a seen any of their presentations anywhere you can see the style they use and this is NOTHING close to it.
    08-11-11 10:00 AM
    I'm sorry, I work at a very large well known company and they do grade school crap here like cut pictures out of a magazine and paste them to cardboard for team building and other things. I often wonder if I'm in grade school or at work.
    seriously????? LOL - i would love to see that!!!
    08-11-11 10:43 AM
    Awe, I'd like to think this was the Rimpire striking back.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-11-11 10:55 AM
    Super fake.
    08-11-11 11:05 AM
    I have to agree we have the same kind of funky excel icons, but the person who makes them has a very vivid personality. It seems childish but whats even worse is having to stare at bland text for hours on end. Images help atleast keep your attention somewhat. Still its just the OVERVIEW of the entire presentation, so they can put whatever they want before the real meat of the slide.

As for the authenticity of the slide, it seems real enough to me and highlights some things RIM is beginning to understand about itself and the marketplace. Very few users give a flying **** about "intelligent purchases" like the data compression RIM is selling when average users use less than 500MB of data. No one cares about BIS push email when every phone has push email now. People dont care about a phone going 3 days when nearly everyone charges their phone nightly and knows that playing games/streaming videos = dead battery.

People care about apps (gaming in particular which dominates 60%+ of app usage), which according to Nielsen over 55% of actual smartphone usage is centered around apps, with phone and IM/emails only around 30%. People care about specs, even if they dont know what they exactly are. People care about big screens (the number one hope and dream of all iPhones users everywhere).

I wish i could see the full presentation cause if this basic stuff that i could find via google isn't in it, then RIM is still just another car on the train and not driving it.
    08-11-11 11:15 AM
    Does Rimpire really appeal to people?
    08-11-11 03:46 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD