07-26-11 12:40 PM
55 123
tools
    I expect when you look at the Poll #'s (5,082) vs the Popluation of (46,389)

you can expect that many of the voters are not Canadians but people who have been cross linked to the site, taking a sampling of a Poll done on this site we do not see a return of 10%+ of membership on a poll,

It is funny to see a 60% in favor of Android on a Canadian based site seeing as you don't see many Android phones in the hands of Canadians,
    Maybe the website is letting Comscore skew, I mean track the results
    01itr likes this.
    07-26-11 08:58 AM
    What I find funny is that Apple has about 13% of the vote, to BB's 10%. I would have thought that gap would have been wider. RIM isn't get much love on that Canadian web site. LOL!!

OS polls will always be skewed due to the quantity of Manufacturers now running Android.

When you consider for one UK retailer (Carphone warehouse) there are 34 Android handsets, 2 iPhone variants, and 5 BB variants.

If consumers have brand loyalty, then the likes of LG, Motorola, HTC, Samsung, Sony E, which are all now on android will have all of their own fans voting for a single operating system.

If manufacturers were put side by side then there would be a different result. Probably Apple at the top and BB somewhere in the top few. (i don't have the figures mind you).
    07-26-11 09:52 AM
    i voted for blackberry
    07-26-11 10:12 AM
    The original poster advocated ballot stuffing to skew a personal preference poll.
    That's called flamebait. No one should have been surprised a(nother) flame war erupted. I swear, some posters here have paper-thin skins; and I frequent Slashdot so that's saying something.
    Laura Knotek and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-26-11 11:44 AM
    The original poster advocated ballot stuffing to skew a personal preference poll.
    That's called flamebait. No one should have been surprised a(nother) flame war erupted. I swear, some posters here have paper-thin skins; and I frequent Slashdot so that's saying something.
    Back in the late 70s-early 80s, a Cleveland radio station WMMS stuffed the ballot box of the Rolling Stone readers' poll.

The station also almost lost their broadcast license in 1994, when they cut a cable and disrupted a national broadcast of Howard Stern's show, which was carried by WNCX, a competitor.

WMMS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a result of my experiences living in Cleveland and seeing what the radio station did, I am aware of controversy.
    07-26-11 12:40 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD