wow... what turned into an attempt to gather support for BB has turned into another debate as to which platform is better. Why can't the Android fans just f-off for once? I'm all for constructive criticism but it is nothing but animosity and negativity from you guys. If you want to debate a platform, then go do it on a thread that was started for that purpose.
    I have never owned an Android, so I hope you aren't lumping me in there,,but I have to take exception to your comment that only pro-RIM users should be allowed to comment here. Maybe you should have a talk with Kevin about closing Crackberry off to non-RIM boosters. Once a thread is started, everyone can comment, regardless of their position. As long as they aren't rude, their comments should stand. YOU, on the other hand, alluded to the f word--which makes YOU the "bad" poster here--not those who have said something anti-RIM or pro-Android. ie, skip the crudity next time, if you'd like more legitimacy.
    Last edited by dave1812; 07-25-11 at 12:32 PM.
    07-25-11 12:30 PM
    I think it will make a fine app. It struggles when it tries to be an OS though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rofl, no it's doing pretty well
    07-25-11 12:38 PM
    I have never owned an Android, so I hope you aren't lumping me in there,,but I have to take exception to your comment that only pro-RIM users should be allowed to comment here. Maybe you should have a talk with Kevin about closing Crackberry off to non-RIM boosters. Once a thread is started, everyone can comment, regardless of their position. As long as they aren't rude, their comments should stand. YOU, on the other hand, alluded to the f word--which makes YOU the "bad" poster here--not those who have said something anti-RIM or pro-Android. ie, skip the crudity next time, if you'd like more legitimacy.
    especially since you know, kevin IS an android user
    1812dave and K Bear like this.
    07-25-11 12:39 PM
    The intent of this thread was good before it turned into another carrier debate.

07-25-11 03:44 PM
    Same BS, different thread. It is amazing how many people came here to bash RIM.

I am part of the smaller group and will always support RIM. Only way I switch is if they falter and cease to exsist....

Till then, gonna have the loads of haters because you know BB still works for some people.

I thought Kevin was gonna clense this place...seems worse on the daily!

Jake Storm likes this.
    07-25-11 05:48 PM

I am part of the smaller group and will always support RIM. Only way I switch is if they falter and cease to exsist....

Till then, gonna have the loads of haters because you know BB still works for some people.

There are far too many converts for him to "cleanse" the forums. And the bashing goes both ways, everyone could improve their attitudes. You must keep in mind, by making comments like yours you are only adding fuel to the fire.
    07-25-11 05:53 PM
    Na, just the same usual haters/and or people that supposedly loved RIM but didn't innovate enough and now they are on the blazing trail drinking the haterade...

It is a decent size group, but i can name off a good few off the top of my head who say the same crap over and over again and might have nothing to do with said topic.....happens quite often.

And how can I add fuel to the fire...Fire been going on for sometime. Seems to blaze with the same peeps, over and over again.

07-25-11 06:03 PM

"Cleansing" doesn't mean to ban people who don't agree with you. "Cleansing" doesn't mean Kevin (or his mods) will ban those who think RIM is majorly screwed up and is getting it's clock cleaned by Android & Apple. AFAIK, "cleansing" meant to rid the forum of some of the worst trolls. It's not trolling to not be in love with RIM, their phones, or their management.
    K Bear, psufan32, howarmat and 2 others like this.
    07-25-11 07:31 PM
    The Precentral forums recently underwent a new directive to ban all negativity. If you follow WebOS, you know that there's a lot more to complain about than there is to praise. As a result, the forums there are now sterile and devoid of life because the mods are instructed to treat its participants as children and edit posts, at best, while deleting posts, at worst.

When I see words like "cleanse" being used, it just gives me horrible flashbacks of seeing a once vibrant community become sterile and neutered.
    1812dave, Laura Knotek and K Bear like this.
    07-25-11 07:48 PM

When I see words like "cleanse" being used, it just gives me horrible flashbacks of seeing a once vibrant community become sterile and neutered.
    or the horrors of ethnic cleansing...
    07-25-11 07:54 PM
    You call it trolling....I call it being on your myenstral cycle for a long arse time....

I mean I could go to an Apple forum and start lashing out about all the things that nag me about their "superphone" as I have had the 3G one and push about what I think they should do. I don't though, because I have better things to do and well I would be called crazy as the sheeple would buy **** on a stick....so pointless.

If so unhappy with a company, then move on. It really is that simple. Butttt, you all want to sit here and ***** and moan about what your device don't do and or what it should do......or have a different device and I used to use a BB and just bash it to the high heavens now. I find it quite ridiculous anymore. We get it, we have gotten it...now time for us to move on as better times will eventually happen.

Just people like you and others have to keep it so somber around here.

I understand to a point the investors, but others not so much. There are plenty of other companies/OS's out there that may suite you and some of ya have those, yet you insist on keep posting the same old crap, IE rehashed, but still we have read it over and over...

What really gets me it may be on a topic that has nothing to do with comparing devices, yet 7-10x it leads into that and then well my phone does this, that and so on...

Enough is enough already....

Now go get an Android device and keep posting about what direction RIM should go, because apparently there are a lot of people on here that think they could run RIM a lot better...

Jake Storm and maddie1128 like this.
    07-25-11 07:58 PM
    Seriously people, the trolling needs to stop. People who rap themselves in RIM and are continually condescending towards those that do not share their views are just as much troll as the bait and switchers. This nonsense needs to stop. You don't have to agree with someone, but for Pete's sake, respect others opinions.
    07-25-11 08:05 PM
    or the horrors of ethnic cleansing...
    Wow so banning clowns with iPhones and Android devices that seem to live here only to say how much they think Blackberry sucks is now being compared to something like ethnic cleansing. Thoroughly disgusting!
    Jake Storm and maddie1128 like this.
    07-25-11 08:08 PM
    Seriously people, the trolling needs to stop. People who rap themselves in RIM and are continually condescending towards those that do not share their views are just as much troll as the bait and switchers. This nonsense needs to stop. You don't have to agree with someone, but for Pete's sake, respect others opinions.
    I hope the mods finish off these trolls. It's getting to become an annoyance. Seriously.

maddie1128 likes this.
    07-25-11 08:08 PM
    What's wrong with this thread is that it wasn't originally about Android, or people's opinions. It was a call for RIMpire - BlackBerry fans - to vote in a poll.

Taking threads off topic is against CrackBerry Posting Rules and Guidelines.

Members who derail threads should get warnings to stop the nonsense. And post in the Android forum!

07-25-11 08:18 PM
    Thanks, ya'll with common sense.

Yet again, a thread derailed by both sides. It's getting old folks. Please, focus on the topic at hand. There's hopefully some great news coming out tomorrow for the RIMpire.
    07-25-11 08:30 PM
    i started with the pearl, 3 years ago, and just got the torch9800 2 months ago, i know the new versions are coming, but i love it! you can't sell me on the i or the and. s jobs is much too smug. once this little speedbump gets smoothed, lookout!
    07-25-11 08:31 PM
    Votes so far:
    2996 Android
    638 iOS
    483 Blackberry
    07-25-11 08:45 PM
    Votes so far:
    2996 Android
    638 iOS
    483 Blackberry
    What I find funny is that Apple has about 13% of the vote, to BB's 10%. I would have thought that gap would have been wider. RIM isn't get much love on that Canadian web site. LOL!!
    07-25-11 09:11 PM
    What I find funny is that Apple has about 13% of the vote, to BB's 10%. I would have thought that gap would have been wider. RIM isn't get much love on that Canadian web site. LOL!!
    Ironic isn't it?
    1812dave likes this.
    07-25-11 09:13 PM
    What I find absolutely sickening is the fact that posters here are expected to walk on egg shells and avoid ever offending an Android user.
    You've moved to another platform. We get it. You supposedly love your new device. That's cool. So move on! The lie that you are here because you used to own a BB and still care about the product is total BS and just an excuse to have some fun stirring up the BB fan boys. Yeah, I said it... Fan Boys. That's not a dirty word and I will refuse to apologize for being a BB fan boy on arguably the biggest BB fan website in existence. Go on any products fan site and start talking trash about the product. You'll get the same result every time, fans will push back. That's called "trolling" and there is no way you can justify it with good intentions. If you've moved on to another device your only possible reasons for being here are to try and justify your choice because you are having doubts, or you just want to stir the pot.
    01itr, gord888 and maddie1128 like this.
    07-25-11 10:42 PM
    I see no point to threads that encourage "stuffing the ballot box". I do not work for RIM, Google, Apple, Microsoft, nor do I own stock in any of those companies.

I could not care less what platform wins a vote as "most popular". My next device will be whatever suits my needs best, and at this time I do not know what that will be. I am going to wait until next year before I upgrade, since LTE and QNX are coming. If I get LTE here, I will want an LTE capable device. I also want to see if QNX is what it is hyped to be.

In the end, though, I am not going to stuff a ballot box for any platform. It does not benefit me in any way, and I do not care what platform other folks use either. To each his own.
    CousinIT, scorpiodsu and 1812dave like this.
    07-26-11 01:16 AM
    What I find interesting is that anyone can be a "fan" of and be loyal to a phone company. This isn't like the hometown sports team that you cheer for regardless of whether they are winning championships or cementing their status as cellar dwellers.
    Agreed, I don't have to sign my loyalty to one company, just the one that suits me best.

I'll just use myself for an example. My last 3 phones have been BlackBerrys, I love them. I'm at the point though, where I'm tired of OS6 and feel like OS7 is mostly the same thing. So I switched to an iPhone. That's not to say that I'll never return to RIM, I haven't sworn allegiance to Apple, I just want the phone that suits me best, not the company.

Have I said negative things about BlackBerry on here? Yes, but it comes from frustration, and from hope. That RIM can get out of this negative stigma that a large part of the media has put them in. I hope RIM strives to get out of it. But as a consumer, I feel it is my responsibility to say "No" when I'm not satisfied. No one should have to just be complacent with a phone when there are so many competitors.

Despite the negative things I've said, I want RIM to rise up from this stronger than before, and I hope they are striving for the same thing.

And for why I still post here despite the fact that I don't have a BlackBerry? I love the community. Most of the people are great, a lot of them being people that have done the same, left the brand but stayed for the people. And Kevin is hilarious, I love his blog posts and his videos are always entertaining.
    CousinIT and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-26-11 07:56 AM
    Yeah, for a Canadian-focused site I'd expect to see more BB patriotism. Come on Canadians!
    Jake Storm and gord888 like this.
    07-26-11 07:58 AM
    Yeah, for a Canadian-focused site I'd expect to see more BB patriotism. Come on Canadians!
    I expect when you look at the Poll #'s (5,082) vs the Popluation of (46,389)

you can expect that many of the voters are not Canadians but people who have been cross linked to the site, taking a sampling of a Poll done on this site we do not see a return of 10%+ of membership on a poll,

It is funny to see a 60% in favor of Android on a Canadian based site seeing as you don't see many Android phones in the hands of Canadians,
    07-26-11 08:53 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD