BlackBerry is getting spanked on this poll...
    Poll: Is your next device going to be Android? | MobileSyrup.com

We need some votes from the RiMpire
    07-24-11 10:20 PM
    I voted. I'm not buying anymore HTC or Samsung or Motorola devices. I gave android a serious run but it isn't for me.
    07-24-11 10:28 PM
    Just gave my vote. I gave Android 3 tries. One with a low end Android phone, LG Optimus P500, second with a Samsung Galaxy Tab, 3rd with a LG Optimus 2X. Even with a dual-core CPU it just doesn't cut it.
    07-24-11 10:37 PM
    I want to see another poll showing how many of those jumping to android will dump android when the can't get 8 hours on a full charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Caymancroc likes this.
    07-24-11 10:53 PM
    not that you're trying to skew the poll results eh?
    I want a new BB monaco... failing that... i'd sooner get a WP7/8 over Android
    07-24-11 11:05 PM
    I get over 8 hours on an evo. And i can skype too.

07-25-11 12:34 AM
    I voted for BlackBerry.

07-25-11 01:16 AM
    I voted. I'm not buying anymore HTC or Samsung or Motorola devices. I gave android a serious run but it isn't for me.
    so you won't be using the android player on newer devices when it comes out right? that won't be for you
    K Bear and CousinIT like this.
    07-25-11 05:51 AM
    Another vote for BB, right here. BB is at 10%, 3% behind iOS, and no need to mention how far behind Android.
    07-25-11 05:57 AM
    so you won't be using the android player on newer devices when it comes out right? that won't be for you
    Personally would rather have Android as a sandboxed app running on a secure OS than the main OS. Personally think TabletOS is way more powerful and scalable.
    07-25-11 06:08 AM
    Voted for Blackberry, and truly my next phone is a blackberry the 9900

07-25-11 06:41 AM
    I want to see another poll showing how many of those jumping to android will dump android when the can't get 8 hours on a full charge.

That is not the only thing that sucks on Android. The OS is garbage as far as I am concerned. Force closes make your apps a great experience, especially when you are in the middle of something important (sarcasm). The lag is always apparent and you are right, the battery sucks. I use 5000 mins. a month. The battery was dead at 10 AM. No thanks for Android. I will stick with iOS or rim.
    07-25-11 07:01 AM
    That is not the only thing that sucks on Android. The OS is garbage as far as I am concerned. Force closes make your apps a great experience, especially when you are in the middle of something important (sarcasm). The lag is always apparent and you are right, the battery sucks. I use 5000 mins. a month. The battery was dead at 10 AM. No thanks for Android. I will stick with iOS or rim.
    I've witnessed serious serious lag on an LG Optimus 2X dual core android, even after a reboot. Being all touchscreen made it even worse as you weren't sure if it was lag or an unregistered touch command, and subsequently ended up touching something you didn't want to touch.

The guy is so used to it that when I suggested a reboot he just said "it's gonna reboot any second now" and it did. Didn't make it much better though.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    07-25-11 08:04 AM
    BlackBerry is getting spanked on this poll...
    Poll: Is your next device going to be Android? | MobileSyrup.com

We need some votes from the RiMpire
    I voted "Yes, of course it's going to be Android!"
    Phil DeLong likes this.
    07-25-11 09:33 AM

Ever heard of an extra battery?? or an extended-life battery?
    07-25-11 09:34 AM
    I think it will make a fine app. It struggles when it tries to be an OS though.

Jake Storm likes this.
    07-25-11 09:38 AM
    Exactly. People like to say all the bad things about something until it's available for their use. I wonder how many people in the playbook forums said "apps don't matter" but couldn't want to install the Android player
    K Bear likes this.
    07-25-11 09:43 AM
    I think it will make a fine app. It struggles when it tries to be an OS though.

I am sorry for you poor experience with Android. Out of the 2 Android devices have owned, rooted or stock, Android never struggles. It doesn't try to be an OS, it is an OS.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-25-11 09:45 AM
    Ever heard of an extra battery?? or an extended-life battery?
    Extra battery for emergencies is fine, I have one, but to use it daily it takes twice as long to have your phone in the charger unless you buy yet another charger that will only charge that specific battery making it useless with a new phone.

See where I'm going?

Extended battery is fine too, but your case will not fit anymore and the ones to fit extended batteries are much more expensive.

Is it really worth the trouble?

07-25-11 09:47 AM
    Says who? You?

Gotta love the attempt to state one's opinion as fact...
    Yes. I said that.

07-25-11 09:47 AM
    Extra battery for emergencies is fine, I have one, but to use it daily it takes twice as long to have your phone in the charger unless you buy yet another charger that will only charge that specific battery making it useless with a new phone.

See where I'm going?

Extended battery is fine too, but your case will not fit anymore and the ones to fit extended batteries are much more expensive.

Is it really worth the trouble?

Personally, I've never needed an extended battery for any phone I've owned, nor would I want to need to resort to one to get through the work day, BUT I'd PREFER to have a phone that works 10x better than my POS Storm 2, battery issues or not.

Having said that, battery mfgrs enjoy some profits from selling plenty of extended life batteries, so SOMEONE is buying them.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-25-11 10:08 AM
    It looks like it is not working, +2,000 people for voted for android and only 366 people for voted for RIM. And the scary part, this on-line poll is being conducted in Canada.
    07-25-11 10:25 AM
    honestly who cares about the poll results?

means nothing.
    howarmat and Michelle Haag like this.
    07-25-11 11:08 AM
    honestly who cares about the poll results?

means nothing.
    Obviously, someone does that they felt the need to start a thread and "rally the troops" to vote. Yeah, it's getting that bad.
    anon(3733516) likes this.
    07-25-11 11:17 AM
    wow... what turned into an attempt to gather support for BB has turned into another debate as to which platform is better. Why can't the Android fans just f-off for once? I'm all for constructive criticism but it is nothing but animosity and negativity from you guys. If you want to debate a platform, then go do it on a thread that was started for that purpose.
    01itr, stevejb, lnichols and 1 others like this.
    07-25-11 12:02 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD