I do know bailouts where involved, and Chrysler also scored big with the Minivan to save them.

Apple also got bailout money from Microsoft, but again it just took one successful product launch to turn their market around,

RIM just needs to get one product done well, they might not go back to #1, and actually I don't expect them to ever be #1 again, but to say they can't recover from the 15% slide in US market share is stretching it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-11 10:57 PM
    Not sure why people are discussing bailouts on a company that is still growing subscribers and making money? Perhaps you should look outside your own backyard to see the global market picture.
    12-15-11 11:30 PM
    While we're talking about the dangers of the cloud, the biggest one is police having easy access to everything about you. Contacts, calendars, emails, etc. - everyone you know, when you saw them and why, your communications, etc.

I've spoken to policemen, and the first thing they do to investigate someone is get a court order to check their Facebook and other online profiles. And now in the US the court order seems to be becoming optional.

Yet even if the court order isnt optional, the access can still be had without your knowledge. That terrifies me.

And don't give me the old "why worry if you have nothing to hide" routine. I've dealt with the police investigating a close friend for something he didn't do. In no way was their goal anything other than to nail him - to maintain their conviction rates. The things they were willing to do to further that end were horrible. It really took the scales from my eyes, and I do NOT trust them AT ALL. Nor should anyone.

And that was in Canada. Americans, be very glad you have Miranda.

The bottom line is the cloud is a very, very dangerous place. If you use it, encrypt everything in any way you can.

- R.
    menaknow likes this.
    12-16-11 12:46 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD