13.7 and still going.
    01-30-13 03:48 PM
    its actually not still going but it fell quite dramatically. I have to positions, one @ 8.5 and one @15.29. I'm not thrilled, but I believe in RIM long term so I'm not sweating it.
    01-30-13 05:35 PM
    WINNIPEG, MB, January 30, 2013 (CNS Canada) - The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) closed lower on Wednesday, led by a sharp decline in the Research In Motion (RIM) stock, analysts said. RIM declined sharply following its launch of the BlackBerry 10 because the company also announced the product won't be available in the US until mid-March. This is part of what Scotttrade RIM page showed today. The stock market reacted to the delay in the US. I am concerned that it will continue to react negative until the american press finally has a tangible product so that they can move and start showing the praises of the phone. Until then I feel the bleeding will continue and maybe go below the $6 price .
    01-30-13 05:38 PM
    itl come back
    01-30-13 05:39 PM
    it boggles my mind how it can drop like $2 because the phone wont be out until March... then when the phone is out it will go up 10 cents...
    01-30-13 05:54 PM
    Actually it would actually be better not to look now, because eventually the price should hit 40+
    01-30-13 06:37 PM
    good chance to buy I would say
    416to604 likes this.
    01-30-13 06:39 PM
    If the only reason for the drop is March availability...I'm comfortable holding through the storm.

Just trying to gauge whether or not it's the US launch date that sent the shares down...or a sub-par launch event.
    01-30-13 06:41 PM
    If the only reason for the drop is March availability...I'm comfortable holding through the storm.

Just trying to gauge whether or not it's the US launch date that sent the shares down...or a sub-par launch event.
    the only thing that went wrong during launch is the time shift pic

id say its the date for US
    01-30-13 06:42 PM
    My guess...powerful short positions using every favour from every friend they have to drop this baby till they are covered...then they will ride her up over the next few years as BB gains traction.
    canadauni likes this.
    01-30-13 06:44 PM
    My guess...powerful short positions using every favour from every friend they have to drop this baby till they are covered...then they will ride her up over the next few years as BB gains traction.
    they wont all get out in time
    01-30-13 06:45 PM
    i used today's dip to increase my position.
    01-30-13 06:49 PM
    I'm not surprised eh. Look at apple for example, they made billions in profit, yet their stock took a huge hit. Peoples expectation are always too high eh.
    01-30-13 10:50 PM
    I think it's more a case of investors taking quick profits on the back of the launch. With regards shorting, anyone who shorted at $6-$8 are in trouble because they require a major headge to cover their shortfall ( excuse the pun). I don't see the March US launch knocking too much off the price as BlackBerry's strategy was to release first in their popular markets. Over here in Europe people have been peeling their bananas for these new phones.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-31-13 12:40 AM
    WINNIPEG, MB, January 30, 2013 (CNS Canada) -
    1/ RIM declined sharply following its launch of the BlackBerry 10 because the company also announced the product won't be available in the US until mid-March.
    2/ I am concerned that it will continue to react negative until the american press finally has a tangible product so that they can move and start showing the praises of the phone.
    3/Until then I feel the bleeding will continue and maybe go below the $6 price .
    1/ Yes. Absolutely. Then, you must also add the application of the "buy on rumors, sell on news" adage. A lot of investors took their gains, waiting for a dump to get in again.
    2/ It started, but more than this, I believe the success in early countries (CAN, EEC) will be the most efficient indicator for investors.
    3/ $6 is a *ouch* point. Below $10 it'll be quite "embarrassing" to say the least. If back in this area (under $10.5), I'm in to double (not an advice to anyone).

I was long, I am long, I stand long. For 2-3 yrs.
    01-31-13 03:15 AM
    it boggles my mind how it can drop like $2 because the phone wont be out until March... then when the phone is out it will go up 10 cents...
    Why would it "boggle" your mind?

Everyone was kind of led to believe that the phone would be delivered at the end of this month. It is a GREAT disappointment to many who were expecting it! This is nothing but another RIMM delay tactic as we have all seen in the past. Many of us thought that RIMM had changed but they are the same.

Worst is the deception! Many lost a lot of money on RIMM's big deception, I was lucky and got out at $17.25 but also had a friend way up in AT&T that assured me that there was no imminent BB10 device and he would know. It is hard to even believe that they phone will be delivered in March! Also the introduction was just as disappointing as the delay.

A $2 dollar drop could be just for the first day.
    jegs2 likes this.
    01-31-13 03:29 AM
    Maybe it would have been better if RIMM leveled with its users and told them that they were going to be a month or so late getting the devices delivered. I believe this and the lackluster show they had today is directly responsible for what is happening to their stock.

Looks like a deception to me.
    01-31-13 03:32 AM
    Until then I feel the bleeding will continue and maybe go below the $6 price .
    I think the only way the price would get that low is if it ended up that product sales were going terribly.
    01-31-13 03:33 AM
    Maybe it would have been better if RIMM leveled with its users and told them that they were going to be a month or so late getting the devices delivered. I believe this and the lackluster show they had today is directly responsible for what is happening to their stock.

RIM said Q1 2013...they're still on track to deliver.

And I don't know if you noticed but the Z10 is available in UK today, 24 hours after launch, and Canada's major carriers will have it in 5 days.
    01-31-13 03:34 AM
    It's hardly a delay tactic with rim! How is it the same old blackberry? They delivered and you can have one in your hands feb 5th in markets they launched in.

Phones were sent to carriers a long time ago for testing. Time they cut through all the regulations there is a small lag behind some other markets. Is it a deal breaker it's not global and available everywhere NOW. Simple answer no. It's not like any is carrier is pushing blackberry in the USA. So frankly how is it going to hurt them when they always make a customer go for an iPhone or galaxy phone anyways.

It's common knowledge stocks were going to take a hit today. It's what analyst do. Strike fear and misleading stories to drive down the value. Before it goes up. Happens everyday.
    01-31-13 03:35 AM
    RIM said Q1 2013...they're still on track to deliver.

And I don't know if you noticed but the Z10 is available in UK today, 24 hours after launch, and Canada's major carriers will have it in 5 days.
    Sorry but the BB market in the UK does little for me and from the looks of RIM stock, it being released in the UK did not impress anyone. Sorry but I think that RIM was responsible for a lot of people losing money with its limited introduction.
    jegs2 likes this.
    01-31-13 03:39 AM
    Why would it "boggle" your mind?
    Everyone was kind of led to believe that the phone would be delivered at the end of this month. It is a GREAT disappointment to many who were expecting it! This is nothing but another RIMM delay tactic as we have all seen in the past. Many of us thought that RIMM had changed but they are the same.
    Worst is the deception! Many lost a lot of money on RIMM's big deception, I was lucky and got out at $17.25 but also had a friend way up in AT&T that assured me that there was no imminent BB10 device and he would know. It is hard to even believe that they phone will be delivered in March! Also the introduction was just as disappointing as the delay.
    A $2 dollar drop could be just for the first day.
    Heins stated month ago Europe (I believe EMEA) and Canada will be the first to get the devices.
    Between "the end of the month" (end Feb.) and "early March", we're talking in days. Still in the Q1 though.
    We know the product is fine and early adopters will offer both a good preview of potential sales and bear the brunt of the inevitable adjustments to the OS, so that it'll be even more polished at launch for U.S.

Disappointment is appropriate, but I believe a "temporary" should prefix that. For now, as I read your (and several) comments, "anger" sounds more appropriated. And anger is a bad counselor .
    pcguy514 likes this.
    01-31-13 03:42 AM

No, it is disappointing, but not a deception.

The US isn't the whole world. It represents 11% of total subscribers, and perhaps 30% of subscribers in the developed world. It is disappointing for US customers, but if the US got the phones first and Canada/UK got it in March, I don't think Canada/UK would be screaming about a deception. The amount of Blackberry subscribers in Canada/UK combined is about equal to that of the US currently too.

Deception would be if the first countries got the product in April after saying that it was firmly ready for Q1.
    01-31-13 03:49 AM
    Sorry but the BB market in the UK does little for me and from the looks of RIM stock, it being released in the UK did not impress anyone. Sorry but I think that RIM was responsible for a lot of people losing money with its limited introduction.
    With RIM being such a volatile stock, the market tends to overreact both ways to any news.

Would you feel just as upset from an investment perspective if BB10 was available in the US next week, but in the UK/Canada in mid-March? The reason I ask is because the combined sales potential from the UK/Canada is likely to be equivalent to the sales potential from the US - at least in the short term. So that scenario would be equivalent in terms of financial impact compared to the current scenario where the US sees the phone in mid-March.
    01-31-13 04:10 AM
    With RIM being such a volatile stock, the market tends to overreact both ways to any news.

Would you feel just as upset from an investment perspective if BB10 was available in the US next week, but in the UK/Canada in mid-March? The reason I ask is because the combined sales potential from the UK/Canada is likely to be equivalent to the sales potential from the US - at least in the short term. So that scenario would be equivalent in terms of financial impact compared to the current scenario where the US sees the phone in mid-March.
    I get where Greg is coming from. The US moves the share price more than any other country. Hypothetically speaking, if the UK and Canada were to get it in March and USA had Z10 availability for today, I doubt the stock would've crumbled the way it did yesterday.

I'm expecting another downer day followed by hopefully an uptick going into the weekend.
    Superfly_FR and jegs2 like this.
    01-31-13 04:15 AM
37 12