RIMM Earnings Shocker? Options Traders Think So

While equity investors long ago discarded RIMM to the unmarked grave of failed tech companies (see Palm, Nokia), options traders see opportunity.

Today, nearly 18,000 of the weekly June 10-strike calls have traded hands at an average price of fifteen cents, a bet that isn't profitable unless RIMM closes above $10.15 by tomorrow.

The rest of the story.................

ENJOY!!
    06-28-12 03:17 PM
    Interesting analysis... His point that any good news at all will bring a bounce is well-taken...
    06-28-12 03:23 PM
    Interesting analysis... His point that any good news at all will bring a bounce is well-taken...
    There was no good news.
    06-28-12 03:52 PM
    At this point it can only be a "shocker" to the most delusional and blind of people.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-28-12 03:58 PM
    The stock, which had been halted, is down 19% in late trading, at $7.41.
    Those options traders may be in for a bumpy ride. Unfortunate.
    06-28-12 04:04 PM
    Nope, not at all.

If you look at all the videos posted online about BB10. The only thing that RIM actually got working is the "Peek" gesture on the dev alpha device. Everything else is just carried over from the PB OS. 2013 release schedule is wishful thinking.
    Shlooky likes this.
    06-28-12 04:31 PM
    I agree, I don't think BB10 will make it Q1 2013 either. it's more a delay tactic for an outright sale of the company or breaking it up into many divisions and sold separately.
    Thorsten even indicated that the integration of the BB10 "platform" is challenging.
    06-28-12 05:26 PM
    @Shlooky RIM isn't going to be bought out, sold or go out of business or be broken apart/divided and sold. I don't see that happening. The media is the one lying and creating rumors about negative stuff. Negative/hostile bloggers are also not helping either.
    06-28-12 10:48 PM
    @Shlooky RIM isn't going to be bought out, sold or go out of business or be broken apart/divided and sold. I don't see that happening. The media is the one lying and creating rumors about negative stuff. Negative/hostile bloggers are also not helping either.
    The media only reports the news be it negative or positive. You can't put the blame on RIM's latest troubles on the media and yes they are having a field day reporting the troubles at Waterloo.
    06-28-12 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD