I think he got the decimal point wrong.
    No, I didn't get the decimal place wrong.
    01-22-13 10:02 AM
    If you can afford 30k shares at 17.00, you probabliy dont need stock advice from strangers on a BB fanpage .....LOL
    LOL, I agree, it may seem silly. It's not though if you think about it. Who knows the products better than the fans? I take everything with a grain of salt though.
    01-22-13 10:03 AM
    Or he meant $30,000 total value of shares.
    Nope, I meant 30,000 shares.
    01-22-13 10:04 AM
    Even then, if you're throwing that kind of money around, you have at least some idea of what you're doing, not going on some fan forum to look for stock predictions....
    Hi, I'm from Capital Markets Group at Ryerson University. How do you do?
    01-22-13 10:08 AM
    Seriously. . . I wish I had half a million to invest on a whim. . . .

Or to pay off my mortgage, get a new car for me and my wife, and go on a trip!
    One day you'll get there KD... one day.
    01-22-13 10:09 AM
    It just dropped back down $0.10. OP is busy, slowly headed for the nearest high ledge.
    Don't worry, it will be OK.
    LOL... you don't jump off a ledge after making money.
    01-22-13 10:10 AM
    Nikedas, I understand your thinking, and you did make 18k so congrats!

If you were interested in purchasing RIMM stock now at $17, with the rises RIMM has been on with the intense hype over BB10, would you not want to wait till closer to the launch or day of launch as if RIMM has as many "surprises" as they say they do, the stock will without a doubt rise further. I believe I just saw today that RIMM stock was set to "outperform" and expected to hit around $19-20...BB10 sales are being expected to hit around 25 million...With the way stock market for RIMM has been going, maybe purchasing more stock now and holding till the launch would serve very beneficial.
    01-22-13 10:13 AM
    Hi, I'm from Capital Markets Group at Ryerson University. How do you do?
    Fari enough but your opening statement was asking a forum if we think the stock will hit $17.50 today. We may know more about a product but not where the stock is going... well some of us might have an idea but as an example, 6 months ago, had you asked the same question, you would have still got the same answer but how well do you think you would have faired then? I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.
    01-22-13 10:14 AM
    Nikedas, I understand your thinking, and you did make 18k so congrats!

If you were interested in purchasing RIMM stock now at $17, with the rises RIMM has been on with the intense hype over BB10, would you not want to wait till closer to the launch or day of launch as if RIMM has as many "surprises" as they say they do, the stock will without a doubt rise further. I believe I just saw today that RIMM stock was set to "outperform" and expected to hit around $19-20...BB10 sales are being expected to hit around 25 million...With the way stock market for RIMM has been going, maybe purchasing more stock now and holding till the launch would serve very beneficial.
    Mr. Phillips. Thank you for bringing more intelligent conversation to this thread rather than accusing me of "misquoting" my investment as others have. Now, I have been long RIMM since it hit the $6 level, but had no capital or margin room to do so. (All tied up in Apple thanks to a silly family member). I finally bought RIMM at $10.50, exited at $13, just before reporting, when they fell after.

Now, as for your assertion that RIMM should climb higher, I agree they will, and would be happy to see them head there, but my purposes for today was to make some quick cash on a day-trade, and nothing more. When analysts come late to to table, and start tooting their horns about how RIMM will do great, and to buy now, that's when I get concerned. I'm not one to listen to late calls from analysts, as I feel they have ulterior motives. They're probably the ones who bought in at $6 - $10 a share, and are now looking to dump it on poor unsuspecting retail investors, by "upgrading" it to a buy. Who gets left holding the bag at the end? This isn't just about RIMM, it could be AAPL (look what they did after it hit $700? Who supported it then?) or any stock.

In any case, it's wise to buy the rumour and sell the news, so come launch date, unless RIMM announces something EXTRAORDINARY, I would expect a sell-off, it always happens, even with AAPL. 25 million handsets seems like a tall order, not that I'm doubting RIMM, but I'm not convinced yet that sales will hit that high so quickly. RIMM has a lot of people to win back still (and I'm rooting for them).

I'd like to leave you with this, "when others are fearful, be greedy, and when others are greedy, be fearful." - Warren Buffet. I fear that others have become greedy towards RIMM.
    01-22-13 10:49 AM
    ^ If your first post had come across nearly as intelligent as your latest, the replies you received would have followed suit.
    BTW, I like your latest post.
    cjcampbell and Nikedas like this.
    01-22-13 10:54 AM
    ^ If your first post had come across nearly as intelligent as your latest, the replies you received would have followed suit.
    BTW, I like your latest post.
    I don't feel my original post was unintelligent. I suppose it was just posted in the wrong medium. I suppose I would have received more serious responses on Yahoo Finance... but then again, it is Yahoo Finance... full of "yahoo's".

I was hoping that only the individuals who cared about the markets would reply on here, but I guess I deserve the skepticism.
    01-22-13 11:07 AM
    Fari enough but your opening statement was asking a forum if we think the stock will hit $17.50 today. We may know more about a product but not where the stock is going... well some of us might have an idea but as an example, 6 months ago, had you asked the same question, you would have still got the same answer but how well do you think you would have faired then? I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.
    I would have done much better. For what it's worth, I bought RIMM at 10.50 and sold it at 13ish. I also bought into AAPL at $193. You can't win them all though.
    01-22-13 11:11 AM
37 12