wow. so someone made a username in 2010 called burninator and then waited almost 3 years to write their first post to burn someone. amazing forethought. If I knew him I would ask him what the next winning lottery numbers would be.
    01-13-13 11:57 PM
    Friend request sent to the burninator.

I can confirm RIM 8 was packed today. dropped off a friend for work. This is a production facility.
    01-14-13 12:38 AM
    There are three common reasons why OT is necessity... the first one is, because of poor planning i.e. not anticipating hidden productive processes that requires timetable... two, last minute changes in design... and third, undesirable problem encountered at last phase that need to be rectified asap and resources has to be realigned...

Whatever reasons are, I hope RIM will be able to meet their target on time...
    01-14-13 02:57 AM
    Personally if you ask me, I'm a little let down, I was expecting the parking lot to be full of all the staff's QNX powered Bentleys
    01-14-13 03:09 AM
    Personally if you ask me, I'm a little let down, I was expecting the parking lot to be full of all the staff's QNX powered Bentleys
    I wouldn't want to drive that right now with all the pot holes here
    01-14-13 03:12 AM
    I was the one who took the picture. There were no students that day as it was the first week of school.
    01-14-13 03:21 AM
    I should point out that the section of the parking lot in this picture is always full as it is the closest spot to the University of Waterloo and many students (myself included) take advantage of the free parking while on campus.
    You must be popular with the RIM employees in that building who can't find a spot (particularly in the winter).
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-14-13 06:25 AM
    I don't doubt that there's lots of OT being worked, and thanks to OP and Alexander Tran for the pic. But as both a former longtime UW student and former RIM employee, I do have some expertise on that corner of the parking lot and some of the other posters' comments are valid.

There may not be many students in the libraries for the first week, but gym (PAC), student center (SLC), computer science labs, not to mention grad students are all possibilities as well. Heck, even profs/other staff have been known to park there in off hours because it's closer than many of the staff-designated lots. Regarding campus police: while the "official' policy may be that that parking is for RIM employees only, that is unofficially never enforced on evenings/weekends (that's a job for RIM security/facilities to enforce, not campus).

A more illuminating picture would be of the rest of the parking area around RIM 1-4, rather than that particular corner of the lot closest to campus. Not to mention the numerous other RIM buildings.
    rjshahan likes this.
    01-14-13 06:31 AM
    This thread is amusing. It's like a bunch of ops guys going through deep packet analysis of.... A ***king parking lot for heaven's sake!
    01-14-13 07:17 AM
    You must be popular with the RIM employees in that building who can't find a spot (particularly in the winter).
    I experienced this from both sides of the coin, as a student and as an intern. Its funny how your perspective can change.
    RubberChicken76 and parabola like this.
    01-14-13 07:20 AM
    This thread is amusing. It's like a bunch of ops guys going through deep packet analysis of.... A ***king parking lot for heaven's sake!
    Next thing they'll be "analyzing" is how thick a RIM employee's pocket is to speculate on how thick the new BB10 must be..
    01-14-13 08:00 AM
    All you gotta do to prove the student vs RIM employee theories is walk up to the cars and see if they have a valid RIM parking permit hanging from their rear view mirror.
    parabola and Jake Storm like this.
    01-14-13 08:12 AM
    Amusing to some perhaps,yet a matter of principle to others.

What I found amusing is how some tried to shoot down the OP's facts and failed.

BTW, RIM is up 9%. ..... And that's a fact,lol.
    01-14-13 10:00 AM
    You caught them, it's all a conspiracy. RIM is PAYING students to park in their lot so it looks like they're working hard, but in reality, Thorsten's throwing ragers in his mega-mansion for all RIM employees.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-14-13 10:27 AM
    Amusing to some perhaps,yet a matter of principle to others.

What I found amusing is how some tried to shoot down the OP's facts and failed.

BTW, RIM is up 9%. ..... And that's a fact,lol.
    What "facts" got shot down? We've had people who say they've gone to that school and parked in that parking lot, as well as people say that students never park in that parking lot. Either way, you're taking someone's word over the internet, which has about as much merit as believing someone who has seen UFO's. The only "facts" we have, is that a picture was taken, with a (rather small) parking lot with cars in it. We know for certain it was a RIM parking lot, but as for the time and date of when, that is all speculation, as we're taking someone's word for it.

Either way, this is a fail attempt at proving something that doesn't really matter. If you think anyone cares RIM is working overtime, then perhaps you should go to a street corner and tell people "Pssst, Hey, RIM is working overtime this weekend!" and see what kind of reaction you get..
    01-14-13 10:42 AM
    Friend request sent to the burninator.
    Beware the burninator!
    TROGDOR!!!

Compy 386!
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-14-13 10:58 AM
    Next thing they'll be "analyzing" is how thick a RIM employee's pocket is to speculate on how thick the new BB10 must be..
    Isn't that the next step in this logical sequence?

Here's some logic. If the stock goes up and stays there, then we will know the success of the hard work. Whether it's happening or not is a moot point - although it's clearly obvious that they're working hard to ramp up for launch. What company wouldn't be?!
    01-14-13 11:21 AM
    I know many RIM employees, from a VP (legal) to software R&D, IT and accounting. Many of them have been working weekends for many months.
    I am not at all surprised to see this parking lot full, with RIM Employees, on a weekend.
    I drive past RIM A,B,C,D and future E, at Northfield & University, every weekend. There are always plenty of vehicles... far from being full but they are huge lots. It's nowhere near the UW campus either so it's not students parking. :P It's nowhere near anything really.
    01-14-13 11:49 AM
    There are three common reasons why OT is necessity... the first one is, because of poor planning i.e. not anticipating hidden productive processes that requires timetable... two, last minute changes in design... and third, undesirable problem encountered at last phase that need to be rectified asap and resources has to be realigned...

Whatever reasons are, I hope RIM will be able to meet their target on time...
    Or fourth - demand is higher than anyone anticipated and extra hours must be worked in order to approve the higher than expected number of apps and deal with higher than expected carrier interest.
    pmccartney likes this.
    01-14-13 12:05 PM
    Or fourth - demand is higher than anyone anticipated and extra hours must be worked in order to approve the higher than expected number of apps and deal with higher than expected carrier interest.
    I'm pretty sure Research and Development doesn't have much to do with porting apps, and I know for sure they don't have anything to do with hardware manufacturing. If there is a higher demand than expected from carriers, then that will be handled in one of their many manufacturing plants.
    01-14-13 12:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure Research and Development doesn't have much to do with porting apps, and I know for sure they don't have anything to do with hardware manufacturing. If there is a higher demand than expected from carriers, then that will be handled in one of their many manufacturing plants.
    Not manufacturing. Obviously that isn't a plant. But carriers have unique requirements.
    01-14-13 12:31 PM
    see the phone i'm using in my picture? i can't wait for BB10 - GO RIM!

NOTE: i pay a premium for analog
    01-14-13 01:01 PM
    can't wait to get my face tattoo and bb10 phone
    01-14-13 01:01 PM
    can't wait to get my face tattoo and bb10 phone
    Face tattoo's are legit. They're a great way to ensure a spot in the unemployment line
    BThunderW and Bobert_123 like this.
    01-14-13 01:03 PM
    Snake Pliskin has nothin' on me bro
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-14-13 01:06 PM
86 1234