Perhaps I am being ignorant, but how many students come to universities on weekends? Especially at the beginning of a semester, like it is right now? I know students come on weekends for exams/midterms, but those generally happen in the middle-end of the semester.
    I remember going in on saturdays mostly to visit the library or to work on coursework in the labs. While campus tended to be emptier on weekends there were always a good number of graduate students, project teams and clubs mulling about.
    01-13-13 05:04 PM
    Sunday at 3:30. This is taken by a student who says the library was empty.
    01-13-13 05:35 PM
    Right.. and I am sure you need permission to park in RIM Parking lots - i.e. you need to be a RIM employee. Then again it may not be enforced on weekends?
    01-13-13 05:37 PM
    Investment-worthy companies only chatter in oils!
    ISWYDT... lol
    01-13-13 05:39 PM
    Sunday at 3:30. This is taken by a student who says the library was empty.
    http://charts.stocktwits.net/product...l_11434350.jpg
    I love your due dilligence!
    01-13-13 05:49 PM
    there are saturday classes also, usually in the mornings
    Yes, but the picture was taken at 3:30pm
    01-13-13 06:11 PM
    Just more proof that RIM is working hard to get BB10 launch perfect. This pic was taken on Saturday at 4pm and parking lot is full. I asked one of the guys on StockTwits to take a pic as he lives near there.

http://charts.stocktwits.net/product...l_11432221.jpg

These guys are machines!
    I'll refrain from calling the name which immediately popped into my head to describe your analysis of the photograph but only to ease the workload on the moderator this weekend.

Research In Motion is provides technical support on a 24x7 basis so a parking lot filled with cars on a weekend is hardly news. If I had a wet noddle I would beat you with it. You are such a genius; Thorsten better hire you ASAP before Apple or Google nab your brains. The only thing RIM is working overtime to achieve is staff reductions as the lay-off numbers continue unabated. By the way, you need to stop stalking RIM employees the their workplaces lest you end up on the receiving end of a restraining order.
    01-13-13 06:19 PM
    T...and I'm pretty sure a full house on a weekend at 4pm would definitely contribute to being investment worthy!!! Go RIM!!
    Maybe they are shredding the incriminating evidence like Arthur Anderson and Enron. A full parking lot on the weekend does not an investment-worthy company make. Besides the employees are probably in the call centre providing technical support. I doubt many are machining the parts of the BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
    01-13-13 06:22 PM
    Are you F*n serious or just trolling?

I'll assume you're just ignorant so let me clarify for you. You obviously have no concept of what 24x7 support is. I worked for a few Fortune 500 companies that provide 24x7 support. You have 2-3 people on site and rest is on-call at home waiting for a disaster.

I didn't take these pictures, they were taken by a student who lives in the area. We were having a discussion about a rumor that these guys are working major overtime for launch. Of course, I shouldn't have to explain myself to you. I feel I must though, since you obviously have no concept of what restraining orders are for either. I can come over to your street and take a picture of your house and you cannot do d*ck.

BTW, your obvious attempt at bad sarcasm simply shows the simpleton in you. Thank you for posting.

I'll refrain from calling the name which immediately popped into my head to describe your analysis of the photograph but only to ease the workload on the moderator this weekend.

Research In Motion is provides technical support on a 24x7 basis so a parking lot filled with cars on a weekend is hardly news. If I had a wet noddle I would beat you with it. You are such a genius; Thorsten better hire you ASAP before Apple or Google nab your brains. The only thing RIM is working overtime to achieve is staff reductions as the lay-off numbers continue unabated. By the way, you need to stop stalking RIM employees the their workplaces lest you end up on the receiving end of a restraining order.
    01-13-13 06:37 PM

I know that building well since I biked by it on my way to work every day for three years and I can assure you it is not a technical support building and it is very unusual for that parking lot to be full on a Saturday, let alone on any weekday after 5pm. You know even less than anyone else so I don't know how you can make judgements of somebody else's pictures without knowing the full story yourself. Go back under your bridge and wait for passing goats; we're tired of you.
    01-13-13 06:41 PM
    You should really attempt to read the links as well. This is done by "clicking " on the highlighted blue area. YW
    RIM reaping - Technology - Ottawa Business Journal

. The only thing RIM is working overtime to achieve is staff reductions as the lay-off numbers continue unabated. .
    Acumenight likes this.
    01-13-13 06:44 PM
    I know that building well since I biked by it on my way to work every day for three years and I can assure you it is not a technical support building and it is very unusual for that parking lot to be full on a Saturday, let alone on any weekday after 5pm. You know even less than anyone else so I don't know how you can make judgements of somebody else's pictures without knowing the full story yourself. Go back under your bridge and wait for passing goats; we're tired of you.
    HAHAHA...... First post and comes out swinging. Nicely done.
    01-13-13 06:44 PM
    That deserves a thanks and like for a nice knockout punch.
    01-13-13 06:48 PM
    HAHAHA...... First post and comes out swinging. Nicely done.
    Perhaps one of the 6000+ guests currently on the forum felt compelled to create an account and contribute instead of lurking?
    01-13-13 06:57 PM
    LOL. Did you see when BurninatorX registered on the site?

Perhaps one of the 6000+ guests currently on the forum felt compelled to create an account and contribute instead of lurking?
    01-13-13 07:01 PM
    I only checked after your post. I was just speculating. And providing a sarcastic commentary on the staggering number of lurkers we have 'round here.
    01-13-13 07:14 PM
    Now, *that's* lurking!!
    Snap51 likes this.
    01-13-13 07:22 PM
    Nice! BTW your friend who took the pic is 100% correct, those are RIM employees and NOT University students. I like facts, so I called Campus Police and they confirm that ONLY RIM employees are allowed to park at RIM parking lots. I was told University students are made well aware of this, as such: The beginning of term is a tough time for parking, which is probably why the folks at Research In Motion, UW's neighbour to the northeast, have sent a reminder letter about the rule that only vehicles with RIM permits can be in RIM's parking lots. "Any vehicle parked in any RIM parking lot without a valid displayed RIM issued parking permit will be issued a warning ticket on the first offence," the letter says, and after that, worse will follow.

There you have it,parking full of RIM employees and perhaps the odd vehicle not paying attention to campus rules. The tip off was the SUV's, BMW's,etc.

Thanks OP, great info.

Reference: Officer Haid #271 (University Campus Police)(519) 888-49xx << google last 2 digits for any doubters.
    Just more proof that RIM is working hard to get BB10 launch perfect. This pic was taken on Saturday at 4pm and parking lot is full. I asked one of the guys on StockTwits to take a pic as he lives near there.

http://charts.stocktwits.net/product...l_11432221.jpg

These guys are machines!
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-13-13 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Inserted ref
    01-13-13 07:42 PM
    Nice! BTW your friend who took the pic is 100% correct, those are RIM employees and NOT University students. I like facts, so I called Campus Police and they confirm that ONLY RIM employees are allowed to park at RIM parking lots. I was told University students are made well aware of this, as such: The beginning of term is a tough time for parking, which is probably why the folks at Research In Motion, UW's neighbour to the northeast, have sent a reminder letter about the rule that only vehicles with RIM permits can be in RIM's parking lots. "Any vehicle parked in any RIM parking lot without a valid displayed RIM issued parking permit will be issued a warning ticket on the first offence," the letter says, and after that, worse will follow.

There you have it,parking full of RIM employees and perhaps the odd vehicle not paying attention to campus rules. The tip off was the SUV's, BMW's,etc.

Thanks OP, great info.
    Wow.. when you want to prove a point, you're damn thorough... lol
    01-13-13 07:53 PM
    I appreciate the effort and sacrifice by the RIM employees but can't help being a bit nervous that they need to be there on Sundays. Hopefully it's more precaution then necessity.
    01-13-13 08:05 PM
    Lol. Only because there is so much dubious info floating around. I had no doubt in the OP in the least, he is a stand up poster, IMHO.

I had warned of some trying to turn the "sentiment" negative before Jan 30 2013, I'm sure we will see more. Best to keep on your toes and reply with facts, nip em in the bud everytime.

Wow.. when you want to prove a point, you're damn thorough... lol
    01-13-13 08:07 PM
    I appreciate the effort and sacrifice by the RIM employees but can't help being a bit nervous that they need to be there on Sundays. Hopefully it's more precaution then necessity.
    Keep in mind things like the portathon that just happened... over 8000 apps. There has to be a pile of people to go over and certify/reject those and that's just one example. There's also the fixing and responding to any bugs that devs may report, making sure all is smooth for the launch event, laying groundwork for OS updates etc etc etc......
    01-13-13 08:15 PM
    Keep in mind things like the portathon that just happened... over 8000 apps. There has to be a pile of people to go over and certify/reject those and that's just one example. There's also the fixing and responding to any bugs that devs may report, making sure all is smooth for the launch event, laying groundwork for OS updates etc etc etc......
    They had over 15,000 (in 37.5 hrs and finished up last night at 2am)and Alec mentioned on twitter they had to get even more outside 3rd party help to process,so we know RIM is going balls out and have 3rd party companies to help.

Reference: @asaunders twitter 19hrs ago
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-13-13 at 08:36 PM.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-13-13 08:22 PM
    They had over 15,000 (in 37.5 hrs and finished up last night at 2am)and Alec mentioned on twitter they had to get even more outside 3rd party help to process,so we know RIM is going balls out and have 3rd party companies to help.

Reference: @asaunders twitter 19hrs ago
    Well there ya go
    01-13-13 08:37 PM
    So where does this put us in terms of the App count? It would be interesting to know.
    01-13-13 09:51 PM
86 1234