View Poll Results: Do You think RIM will relese the new phones earlier than anticipated

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 40.00%
  • No

26 57.78%
  • Yes, I edited the poll and voted from my iPhone.

1 2.22%
    Im not any source. im no insder nor do i have any connections (at this point) but it is totally unrelastic to think RIM would stay quite and not release any phone for 5 Months. That's a total flop and rim is not that stupid.They may be slow but not stupid. Here's the Facts:

The New BES 5.0 Premium Software
    The New Blackberry Protect to be become available within 3 weeks
    The New Blackberry Messenger 6
    The New Blackberry Playbook
    Offically announcement of NFC on most upcoming Blackberries

Notice all of them are new. you cant take everything new and stuff it into the old.
    With Mobile hot spot being added would also be a perfect combination in terms the wfi version being released first including the syncing.

Why in the world would rim announce 1 feature (NFC) about future phones and then leave it be, even though the plans have been leaked already

Top issue is losing the amount of consumers. i know a quite a few people grabbing the torch. But you really think the torch could keep them up for 5 months ?
    ** That is assuming :RIM does care for consumers and wont depend of the playbook for revenue alone and leave the phones for when the playbook "Dies down"

Rim needs to pick it up because consumers not based on business are only reasoning with blackberries for one reason and thats BBM.

It will be intresting to see when they release it though. and it would be extremly disappointing if RIM were to leave the phones tilll the summer or fall

When you look at what they have put out its hard to believe they would wait till late this year to even releae one phone......
    02-22-11 08:28 PM
    I think theyll announce phones in may 100%. maybe a month or two after theyll start shipping.

as for people being happy with the torch, yes they will be. we as phone enthusiasts are not normal consumers. ppl will buy the crappiest curve and keep it for 2-3 years. then at the end of their contract the next best 'free phone' and do the same thing all over again. they dont care as long as their phone works
    02-23-11 12:41 PM
    Given the way they usually spread things out, you'd expect Rim to want a fair few of these new models out by the end of q2, they will have had the playbook launch contributing numbers and then the new phones would arrive late q2 to give them the boost for q3.
    02-23-11 03:31 PM
    Phones will be announced within the next five months, but I highly doubt that new phones will be going on sale anytime until late August, maybe September. I hope that I'm wrong, but let's be realistic, the first leaks were a few weeks ago, and usually a phone is released 6-7 months after we see first leaks.
    02-23-11 04:17 PM
    My definition of new is dual-core and QNX so I voted no. Monaco, Dakota, etc are just rehashes of the same-ol'-same.
    02-23-11 07:26 PM
    Announced in the next 5 months? It's possible.

Released in the next 5 months? No way, unfortunately.
    02-23-11 08:25 PM
    Just having a little fun, no one blow up or anything.

It is a very good poll BTW.
    02-23-11 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD