Sorry if this exists, but when the **** is this supposed web kit browser hitting our Berries??? I have not posted like this before, but i can't deal with this browser any longer. Then, I hop on my IPod Touch, and FLY! I just don't get it. RIM is a leader in smartphone market, why would this take so long, given that web browsing is an essential part to a SMARTphone??

Sorry for the rant, needed to vent. Thoughts??
    02-03-10 10:14 AM
    it'll be ready by this summer
    02-03-10 10:26 AM
    Being developed,it is. Getting ready to show it, they are. Worth the wait, it will be. But wait you must, hmmmm? Like the rest of us, yesssss. Patience, you must have, your anger, you must control, or consume you it will. The dark side, avoid it, you must, yesssss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-03-10 at 10:37 AM.
    02-03-10 10:27 AM
    @ BergerKing....that was just greatness and I hate Star Wars
    02-03-10 12:08 PM
    Being developed,it is. Getting ready to show it, they are. Worth the wait, it will be. But wait you must, hmmmm? Like the rest of us, yesssss. Patience, you must have, your anger, you must control, or consume you it will. The dark side, avoid it, you must, yesssss.

Wow! Well done. As for the Dark side, you can't beat an IPod! I'm sorry, I live and die Berry, but the Ipod is leaps and bounds better than the media player on Blackberry will ever aspire to be! Love My Touch!
    02-03-10 12:17 PM
    Yes it is Crying, then crying harder when your trying to explain WHY your crying.
    02-03-10 12:18 PM
    Ahh, but I had to break the tension and make you laugh!

I've never denied that Apple devices do media well. They entertain, yes, but many of the restrictions they impose just rub me the wrong way. But media is only one of the lesser functions I use on my BlackBerry.

I'm also looking forward to the upcoming features, and will be happy to see them, but I learned that getting ramped up to wait sucks, so why not make it fun?

02-03-10 12:34 PM
    02-03-10 12:40 PM
    Also if you need a fast browser right now just go get Opera Mini (I really like the Mini 5 beta).
    02-03-10 12:51 PM
    Rynoondew - thanks for the article. Argh. Can't. Wait...Damnit.
    02-03-10 01:10 PM
    Wow! Well done. As for the Dark side, you can't beat an IPod! I'm sorry, I live and die Berry, but the Ipod is leaps and bounds better than the media player on Blackberry will ever aspire to be! Love My Touch!

How is the itouch better? My girlfriend has one and im not to big on it, aside from the applications. I think that the speaker is better on the storm, it has the function to change a song without pulling your device out of your pocket which i use all the time. You can also pause and play your songs from your pocket. I listen to music on my storm 2 all the time and I think it functions just as well as an itouch and is better in my opion.

As for the browser, I think Seanren78 95xx v.3 Hybrid is probably the quickest browser i've seen on the storm 2, but battery life is sacraficed a little from his previous hybrids. I also hope that the new browser comes out soon, I think that the browser we have now sucks, its unable to load the websites that i would like to go to!
    02-03-10 01:25 PM
    Opera is amazing but I can't figure out how to enable the popups. Can anyone help?

02-03-10 02:16 PM
    Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 until the new webkit drops. Nuff' said.
    02-03-10 02:27 PM
    I use opera too but the point is we sbouldnt have to resort to a 3rd parry browser to bump up our web browsing speed to that of the competition. Rim just needs to get there act together with their webkit or people are going to jump ship to something else.

02-03-10 04:00 PM
    I know I won't be jumping ship any time soon, my Blackberry still pleases me for all my smartphone needs.
    02-03-10 05:00 PM
    Rim just needs to get there act together with their webkit or people are going to jump ship to something else.

Do it, do it, do it til your satisfied, whatever it is, do it.

Walk the walk dude, or maybe I should say jump the jump. Anyone that bought a bb thinking it had the fastest browser is ********. It's always been slow and probably always will be. What made you buy the phone that you have?
    02-03-10 05:14 PM
    The messaging and email support actually. But having a fast browser couldn't hurt blackberries in anyway. It would probably be the icing on the cake for most.
    02-03-10 06:46 PM
    What is wrong with relying in a 3rd party browser. What is the difference? Buy a touch pro HD and you'll be using Opera mobile. It comes with Opera mobile and winmo users are glad to use it. So what its not native. So what it doesn't require you to click. Typing still requires a press. I am using right now and am enjoying more than when I owned the HTC touch pro, Opera mobile. People just worry too much about details sometimes. Opera Mini gets the job done. In a few months, we we will have our new enhanced browser. Opera may also be in an updated beta by then as well. We win no matter what.

02-03-10 08:26 PM
    IE on winmo sucks

02-03-10 08:33 PM
    I'm gonna move this to News and Rumors with all the other MANY threads on this topic.
    02-03-10 08:39 PM
    Also if you need a fast browser right now just go get Opera Mini (I really like the Mini 5 beta).
    yep. OM5 works fine for me.
    02-04-10 12:10 AM
    Been using bolt, but I would definitly love a webkit browser. It would complete the phone
    02-04-10 01:51 AM
    So glad I stumbled upon this thread. Has me more excited for the Montana to come out on Verizon. If their new browser is as good or better than my current Android device, then I'll definitely will be going back.
    03-01-11 11:12 AM
    So glad I stumbled upon this thread. Has me more excited for the Montana to come out on Verizon. If their new browser is as good or better than my current Android device, then I'll definitely will be going back.
    You do realize that WebKit came out a year ago in OS 6, right?
    03-01-11 12:00 PM
    Though I realize I haven't updated my current device information in a while, I ditched my Storm (my last Blackberry device) about 3 months after I bought it and just started coming back to this site about a week ago. So, now to answer your question I did not realize it came out with OS 6 last year. But thanks for letting me know.
    03-01-11 12:48 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD