Just read an article stating that RIM might be interested in buying palm. Anyone think this might happen or have ideas on what it might mean to future device development? Web os might be interesting on a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 06:32 AM
    If the only reason to buy palm is for WebOS, then it would make more sense (IMHO) to just put Android on the BB.
    04-27-10 06:50 AM
    IMHO, its all about patents patents patents, to be able to strong arm apple! With pinch zoom now being implemented in OS 6. That's one of reason's Apple is suing HTC. Those patents alone IMO is worth the acquisition. Bonus they get web OS, maybe take something out of that for a consumer device.

off topic, i still don't understand how you can sue someone for a way to manipulate your device.. IE: that's like M$ suing someone for having a mouse that does the same function as M$ mice..

04-27-10 07:30 AM
    oh.... yet one MORE thread on RIM buying palm...........................
    04-27-10 07:31 AM
    Interesting.....wonder what it would to my stock since I own some of both.
    04-27-10 08:20 AM
    Does RIM want Palm? - The Globe and Mail

That's the link to what the OP read I think, for anyone interested.
    04-27-10 08:40 AM
    If it so happens, please let us know!
    04-27-10 08:42 AM

Theoretically, the stock of the company being bought goes up, while the stock of the purchasing company goes down initially. But it doesn't always work that way. Lots of factors such as how much is paid, whether the purchase is in stock, cash, or a mix of both, how much the deal makes sense to the large investors and analysts covering the companies, overall breadth of the market, how much new debt was taken on buy the purchasing company, and on and on and on.
    04-27-10 08:51 AM
    04-27-10 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD