08-21-11 03:36 AM
    and here i was hoping the interface design would improve after the acquisition of TAT...
    08-21-11 03:54 AM
    and here i was hoping the interface design would improve after the acquisition of TAT...
    I seriously don't get this. Is it RIM bashing season.
    I have tried App World 3.0 from beta zone. Its nice. You can swipe from applications and it has the whole cover flow thing going.
    Apple App Store is nowhere near.
    And finally, why the whole fuss about it. The whole is to be able to browse and download apps. It does that.
    08-21-11 04:41 AM
    My complaint with it is the colours they chose for it. I got it the first day it hit the beta zone and that's the first thought I had. The colour and and graphics on the icons on the games, apps and so on don't look that great to me. Luckily its all personal opinion and doesn't have anything to do with how it functions. It works great!

I'm sure TAT will have more influance on QNX things. I don't believe they are being used for the BB OS.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eKafara; 08-21-11 at 05:01 AM.
    08-21-11 04:56 AM
    Beta Zone is made by RIM for us to give it a try and send some productive feedback for them to know what their consumer wants. btw, the latest appworld is so far so good.
    08-21-11 06:24 AM
    I seriously don't get this. Is it RIM bashing season.
    I have tried App World 3.0 from beta zone. Its nice. You can swipe from applications and it has the whole cover flow thing going.
    Apple App Store is nowhere near.
    And finally, why the whole fuss about it. The whole is to be able to browse and download apps. It does that.
    it was not meant to come across as “bashing”; i had seriously hoped for the interface design to get better across the board. the new version of the twitter app, for instance, is a perfect example of rim getting their act together. while the new app world might technically be functional, it looks like it has been put together by a 14 yo playing around with photoshop.

if i was in it for the graphics only, i'd still own an iphone
    08-21-11 06:49 AM
    Nah the Colour Schemes fine for me.
    I think ti still could need some more time in BETA.
    Still seems to be some bugs, that need ironing out.
    08-21-11 08:16 AM
    I don't want to go against BZ T&C, but the app released in BZ is full of bugs and glitches. I seriously hope it's fixed before the official AW 3.0 is released.
    08-21-11 09:47 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the interface. AW 3 looks really nice.

The problem is the lack of apps, not the interface. RIM needs to provide more incentive to developers to create more apps.
    08-21-11 10:29 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the interface. AW 3 looks really nice.

The problem is the lack of apps, not the interface. RIM needs to provide more incentive to developers to create more apps.
    Agreed. Develop more apps in-house and provide more (better) tools and incentives for 3rd party development.
    08-21-11 11:05 AM
    it was not meant to come across as “bashing”; i had seriously hoped for the interface design to get better across the board. the new version of the twitter app, for instance, is a perfect example of rim getting their act together. while the new app world might technically be functional, it looks like it has been put together by a 14 yo playing around with photoshop.

in al honesty, with qnx superphones right around the corner and this supposed "relaunch" of the playbook i doubt TAT is working on anything related to the current BBOS.....and they shouldnt be. All their attention needs to go towards the QNX platform

personally i see nothing with the ui. shoot, it almost has the same ui of the playbook if u think about it lol
    08-21-11 11:17 AM

Well I think that all the negative press for RIMhas made them lose focus and they are trying desperately to use graphics and make their software pretty.
    I personally have one objection with App World 3, and that is that its so graphic heavy that it takes ages for it to load.
    I would take speed of browsing apps over pretty anyday
    Last edited by sam_b77; 08-21-11 at 05:09 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-21-11 05:06 PM
    Good i hated the current appworld but with this, i still wouldnt go becasue ALL the apps sucks, no need to waste my time.

Either way, i wont upgrade to this new app world version, till i get my 9900 maybe in october if i change my mind, else november i want new experience i wont upgrade any of my app again, same reason i didnt update my fb, so with my bradn new 9900 i get the latest version of any app, with a new phone and new experience
    08-21-11 05:43 PM
    I'm actually pumped for the change , finally something new since I haven't got my 5.0.0.1 update yet

08-21-11 08:07 PM
    Well I think that all the negative press for RIMhas made them lose focus and they are trying desperately to use graphics and make their software pretty.
    I personally have one objection with App World 3, and that is that its so graphic heavy that it takes ages for it to load.
    I would take speed of browsing apps over pretty anyday

i didnt notice that? Actually... for me it seems to load faster than before. (storm2)
    08-21-11 09:09 PM
    Im readyyyyyy
    08-21-11 10:40 PM
    I've been using it without a problem since it came out in Beta Zone. Certainly more colorful and fluid, but I have the feeling its designed more for the 7.0 handsets and beyond, with the liquid graphics and all that. I wonder if they will redo the Playbook App World for continuity. They should.
    08-21-11 10:52 PM
    so i'm guessing this is also for the playbook as well? cant wait to try it out if so
    08-22-11 04:06 AM
    F***, my Storm is already running on memory fumes, this badboy is going to put it at 0kb permanently. That clock and I are going to be best friends until the 9860 is released from Telus(called them and they said they don't know anything about when or how much btw)
    08-22-11 10:23 AM
    Still nothing today except a BZ survey...
    08-22-11 12:51 PM
    Yup. Still nothing. I had nothing but problems with the beta on my 8530. Need to go back and download it for my new 9930. Maybe it will run better. Also, I'm on the side AGAINST the UI. Ugly as a mofo. I actually prefer the look of 2.x.
    08-23-11 12:38 PM
    This was the first BZ app I ever dumped off my phone in order to go back to the regularly available version. Slow, upgrade notifications weren't working, and you had to constantly refresh in My World.
    08-23-11 12:42 PM
    So far, it runs smoother on my 9930. However, I don't know how many bugs are "fixed". Probably the reason it hasn't been released to the masses yet. Still hate the UI.
    08-23-11 12:56 PM
    I am not sure how I like the Beta release. Have had to re-install three times due to freezing of the app world. Sort of a pain... but the potential is there.
    08-23-11 07:33 PM
    Getting excited. Maybe it'll be faster and lighter

08-23-11 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD