Apple knows how and who to target when they market.

Let's hope we don't have to say this again, but people don't buy technology for the specs. They buy it for what it can do and how easily.
    Yes, they want their gadget to work simply and to work now. Apple understands this, creates something, and simply says: "Here you go. Switch it on."

Apple returns to form with new iPad 2 ad | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

YouTube - Apple - iPad 2 TV Ad - Now
    Last edited by andyahs; 06-18-11 at 05:03 PM.
    06-18-11 02:14 PM
    Watching those ads makes me want to get in my car and speed over to Best Buy....
    06-18-11 04:07 PM
    Apple, at least to me, reminds me of a high school bully. Apple relies on making fun of other products to bring themselves up. You have to have it or you just arnt cool. I'll never own anything apple.. ever.. and its because of what happened over at foxxcon
    06-18-11 04:11 PM
    Apple knows how and who to target when they market.

Quote:
    Let's hope we don't have to say this again, but people don't buy technology for the specs. They buy it for what it can do and how easily.

Quote:
    Yes, they want their gadget to work simply and to work now. Apple understands this, creates something, and simply says: "Here you go. Switch it on."
    That strategy seems to have done wonders in cutting into the computer market share.
    Last edited by berklon; 06-18-11 at 04:25 PM.
    06-18-11 04:20 PM
    I think Apple is very smart when it comes to marketing. I don't however think they say you aren't cool if you don't gave this. But let's face it, Apple did revolutionize the smartphone. They have set the bar of what a top of the line tablet is. The iPod & iPod Touch are no slouches either.
    But what Apple did best was sell consumers on an experience. An ecosystem. One that other manufacturers are now trying to replicate. It does help that their products do " just work".

Like them or not they manufacturer top of the line gadgets. Very high quality. I think their marketing campaigns are products of this common knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-18-11 04:25 PM
    Apple, at least to me, reminds me of a high school bully. Apple relies on making fun of other products to bring themselves up. You have to have it or you just arnt cool. I'll never own anything apple.. ever.. and its because of what happened over at foxxcon
    Uh, who exactly are they bullying in this new ad? Who are they making fun of?
    06-18-11 04:25 PM
    I agree completely. RIM tells you the features of a product, Apple tells you the benefits.

RIM - The Play book has a dual-core process or 1GB of RAM, and a 7" high resolution screen.

Apple - Look haow fast and smooth the iPad is. Isn't it amazing how crisp and clear the image is? You also have plenty of room for apps, moves, and songs.
    06-18-11 04:37 PM
    The point is take the name of the product and tell me that ad does not touch more people than any other tablet could or will?
    06-18-11 04:39 PM
    Fascinating. I don't think they've made fun of other products since the "Get a Mac" ads.

As for Foxconn, you'll have to add a few more companies to that list, all of whom are Foxconn clients: Acer, Amazon, Asus, Cisco, HP, Dell, Nintendo, Microsoft, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Vizio.
    06-18-11 04:58 PM
    i actually dont own any apple product and dont care for Jobs even though he is a genius. What apple does no other company can or even hope to do. They got it right, most things they create just work, no tweaking required. iOS 5 gives the already spectacular iphone 4 an even better platform to go with sexy hardware.
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-19-11 at 11:24 AM.
    06-18-11 09:53 PM
    Very much agreed! I dislike Jobs' arrogance but he is a marketing genius. He also has uncanny feel for the what consumers want.
    06-19-11 06:48 AM
    I think Apple is very smart when it comes to marketing. I don't however think they say you aren't cool if you don't gave this. But let's face it, Apple did revolutionize the smartphone. They have set the bar of what a top of the line tablet is. The iPod & iPod Touch are no slouches either.
    But what Apple did best was sell consumers on an experience. An ecosystem. One that other manufacturers are now trying to replicate. It does help that their products do " just work".

Like them or not they manufacturer top of the line gadgets. Very high quality. I think their marketing campaigns are products of this common knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True.

I own a Blackberry 9780 (my phone), an Android 2.2 Dell Streak (my tablet), and a Macbook Pro (my PC).

I don't see myself ever getting an iPhone... but I must say the Macbook Pro design, quality, and overall usability is near perfect. Apple knows how to make products that work. I can see the appeal of the iPhone and iPad based on my experience with the MacBook Pro.
    06-19-11 09:21 AM
    i actually dont own any apple product and dont care for Jobs even though he is a genius. What apple does no other company can or even hope to do. They got it right, most things they create just work, no tweaking required. iOS 5 gives the already spectacular iphone 4 an even better plaform to go with sexy hardware.
    Agreed (although I own a few Apple products). iOS 5 is blazing fast and overall great. All this and it is still beta. These notifications are what iOS has needed for a while.
    06-19-11 09:42 AM
    I crazily went over to iphone for a period of a few months and as I went for an imac! How wrong was I. it was a big mistake and sold it on ebay. once i did the app thing and the smoke and mirrors cleared i just wanted my superfast typing, superfast and INSTANT no-lag push email and great battery.....I think you get where I am coming from. Really love BB so much and makes me and my self employed business so uber slick.
    06-19-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD