RIM stock up from a close yesterday of $25.92

At last check (11:10am EST) - RIM is up to $27.37 and climbing...

I just purchased more shares and the news of a takeover is now in the rumors :

http://blog.connectedplanetonline.co...of-a-takeover/

Cheers
    Last edited by Rob1; 06-21-11 at 12:20 PM.
    06-21-11 10:15 AM
    Not bad for right now, but it's just one day. It could end up down by the end of the day.
    06-21-11 11:14 AM
    Most likely people jumping in to make a quick buck because the price is so low. I have not read any new that would warrant a price increase.
    06-21-11 11:29 AM
    It's up 5% simply due to the news about how companies may start to consider buying them out at a price of 40-50$ a share since their shares are so low right now.

There's not nother concrete news about anything warranting an increase in price.

I have a feeling the analyst downgrades aren't done yet and the price will drop some more. Especially by Q2 earnings call. One can only hope it climbs enough by then so that when it drops it doesn't go down to 10-15$... it seems with every downgrade, it's dropping 5-8% now.
    Last edited by TheMimic; 06-21-11 at 12:12 PM.
    06-21-11 12:10 PM
    Although, there is no reason for it to have sunk this low either so I guess it all makes sense it this messed up world lol
    06-21-11 12:47 PM
    And RIMM closed at..

+2.66 (10.27%)
    06-21-11 04:43 PM
    deletedddd
    06-21-11 07:02 PM
    It's up 5% simply due to the news about how companies may start to consider buying them out at a price of 40-50$ a share since their shares are so low right now.
    There have been rumors of this for years and at various price points... I highly doubt this has anything to do with the increase at all...

People are getting in because it's low and currently undervalued (regardless of what random forum posters have to say).
    06-21-11 07:05 PM
    Dammit, first they say it's down, now it's up? Am I missing the play-by-play action?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 10:22 PM
    Dammit, first they say it's down, now it's up? Am I missing the play-by-play action?

Yes you are, but then you don't care...

I don't buy stocks or invest. So I'm kool

06-21-11 10:34 PM
    There have been rumors of this for years and at various price points... I highly doubt this has anything to do with the increase at all...

People are getting in because it's low and currently undervalued (regardless of what random forum posters have to say).
    Rumours of buyout was in a few articles yesterday and as much as it has been talked about before. The market cap for RIM hasn't seen such low numbers since 2006 so you can't expect or rumours to effect the stock price the same way as it does currently with its lowered market cap.

Ppl are starting to believe they will get bought out because of how cheap the price is. Unfortunately there won;t be any positive catalyst for some time and still plenty of room for negative press and more downgrades. I see the stock dropping some more and will probably take a wicked beating for Q2 since they aren't bringing anything new to the table to boost sales. Rumours today they majorly cut their PB sales projections which woulda raped the stock some more had it not been for the 1 bit of positive news on analyst upgrade. It was down over 3% at one point today...

The stock will be highly volatile for a while and any small news will send it shooting in either direction but expect the drops to be much greater than the gains.
    06-22-11 03:57 PM
    People are getting in because it's low and currently undervalued
    I laughed when you said that, as if it's some sort of fact.
    06-22-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD