Once again, a positive (yet balanced) article at seeking alpha.
    RIM Is Still A Turnaround Story - Seeking Alpha

[...] The company has stated that the second quarter will show a loss. I would also expect losses in the third and fourth quarters. However, if the cash management remains stringent, I would expect RIMM to have at least the same cash position 9 months form now, when the new phone is released. This is dependent on sales stabilization at the lower levels, that have just been reported. To be confident of this stabilization, I will need to see the level of sales in the next quarter. I would add that it would be unusual to see a company's sales crash further, once a 33% decline has been reported, but anything is possible. If this assumption is correct, the company will have ample cash to promote and finance the new phone. I also think that delaying the new phone, to ensure that it works well and without hitches, is a good idea. I would however become concerned if the launch were to be delayed further. The old management has clearly been ousted and Thorsten Heins is going about restructuring the business. The ultimate success of the company rides on the new phone, as it has for several months. If the new phone proves to be a doozie, the company will fail. On the other hand, it is clear from the above financial statements that the company will be able to finance the new phone. If it is a good product, it will bring RIMM back to profitability.
    There have been several posts regarding the break up and takeover values that RIMM might command. I am not interested in those values. RIMM has had a strong position in the technological side of mobile phones, but has had management that completely lost touch with reality. I have become a shareholder (albeit way too early) as I am hoping that the company still has a good technological basis for their phones and now has a focused and effective management. I originally bought the shares as a turn around position, as I assumed that the launch of the new phone would be in September 2012. As the launch has been delayed, my purchase has proved early and wrong. I am hopeful that this will not prove a fatal mistake.
    Stewartj1, janeka and big_time2 like this.
    07-28-12 06:23 AM
    Nice find SuperFly_FR. I've been noticing more and more positive stories over the past few months and see it as a good sign.
    07-28-12 06:01 PM
    The deciding factor, i believe, will be how people perceive BB10 after the marketing starts. If they think Rim is back, we'll see some good sales numbers.

My fear is that Rim wont become an over night success, and the various analysts will start their doom and gloom predictions again saying "Rim's new OS fails to impress" or "Rim see's dismal sales figures despite BB10", and that'll just drive sales down further. Rim needs to find a way to convince wallstreet to lay off for a few quarters and give BB10 the time to regain market share.
    07-28-12 07:09 PM
    No matter how amazing qnx is analysts will bash this company for reasons they don't know themselves. Yes we all know its dark days for RIM, but god all these doom and gloom articles won't stop to say this company is dead they get more press than Apple and Android I'm tired of it. I for one know bb10 will be amazing just looking at what RIM did with the playbook just shows this company isn't blind everything takes time to bring new innovations to a ever growing market.
    07-28-12 07:53 PM
    The deciding factor, i believe, will be how people perceive BB10 after the marketing starts. If they think Rim is back, we'll see some good sales numbers.

My fear is that Rim wont become an over night success, and the various analysts will start their doom and gloom predictions again saying "Rim's new OS fails to impress" or "Rim see's dismal sales figures despite BB10", and that'll just drive sales down further. Rim needs to find a way to convince wallstreet to lay off for a few quarters and give BB10 the time to regain market share.
    I'm not fearing the analysts we all know what they good for. I agree it will take RIM sometime to get the train moving full steam ahead depending on the marketing push for bb10.

One thing my grandma always told me "no one understands how deep a hole they dug until its time for them to try and climb out" this fits RIM perfectly.
    07-28-12 07:58 PM
    Maybe the message that RIM is really in a position to ride until they release BB10 is getting to more and more people. Noticed a few more positive spins over the past week, week and a half.
    07-28-12 08:15 PM
    BB10 needs to wow people to be successful and gain back market share . Rim needs to get this in right to stay in the game.
    07-28-12 08:47 PM
    absolutely RIM can turn this situation around with the right combination of hardware and software. RIM should have a look at Motorola Photon Q for the right direction on hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-29-12 04:10 AM
    absolutely RIM can turn this situation around with the right combination of hardware and software. RIM should have a look at Motorola Photon Q for the right direction on hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Cause Motorola is doing so good right now right?

Think RIM's designs should be OK as long as they have the latest of everything in hardware specs.
    Last edited by scalemaster34; 07-30-12 at 02:56 PM.
    07-30-12 11:28 AM
    They won't be able to turn a carousel around if they don't have the proper applications.
    07-30-12 01:16 PM
    I fully believe that Rim will pull out of their slump with BB10. There are way too many negative people on this site anymore!
    07-30-12 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD