So I have received the same damn BBM broadcast message 3 times today. RIM is supposedly shutting down BBM tonight until 6am tomorrow and "anyone that doesn't forward this will lose all their contacts." I dont believe it - frankly, I think is horse crap but whatever - but I cant make the people who keep forwarding it understand that. I am unable to locate anything about it anywhere on the net stating that it is or is not true. Anyone else getting hit with this over and over?

For the record, the BC says 'RIM CEO Jim Balsamic'.....Ummmm, RIM has two CEO's and their names are Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis.... lol
    08-08-11 06:58 PM
    It's false, don't fall for it. It's an old old thing that makes its way around
    08-08-11 07:00 PM
    It could be in london due to the riots I heard on the new the canadian company rim was going to help buy they never said how
    08-08-11 07:19 PM
    The specific message he quoted with "Jim Balsamic" is an old fake message. Has nothing to do with the London riots.
    08-08-11 07:20 PM
    This is a well known hoax, betrayed by our old friend "forward to everyone". Treat it as spam.
    08-08-11 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD