Today at my store in Calgary a RIM employee came in to talk to the cell phone sale people, with him were 3 Dev Betas. He showed the sales people a few things like the time shift camera, the peek and flow and hub. It was interesting because he wanted to show it to the cell sales associates, but he also wanted to show it to the store manager and the department manager.

At the end of the demo he told the cell associates that there will be a Road Show January 28th with more details to follow ( which I will be attempting to attend, and will give any details I can ).
    The most interesting part was I asked him if he knew when BB10 would be released, he said he was told but could not say. I then asked if it would be Feb. 14, he didn't say anything. Then I said Feb 4th to which he just smiled, I got the feeling from his reaction that it would be around the 4th.
    Just my 2 cents, take that for whats its worth.
    01-11-13 07:17 PM
    I think he was just kinda laughing at your excitement.

Wouldn't read too much into his reaction.
    mithrazor and flyingsolid like this.
    01-11-13 07:21 PM
    Glad to hear that they will be conducting roadshows. I think it's very important that RIM does some roadshows/events for ground staff (in-store sales staff). Bring them in. Demo your product, show all these gestures, let them play with the phone. Get them excited!

Dev events have been great. RIM has already made deals with carriers (meaning, RIM already talked to executives/managers, got them excited). RIM has already been talking to media/tech bloggers. Now, RIM needs to schoomze ground-level staff (via invite-only roadshows/events) and reach out to end-users (via mainstream advertising, social media etc.)
    01-11-13 07:33 PM
    Buddy I use to work for "rim" kinda.... I was hired by a 3rd party to represent BlackBerry in FL, We did not have any info, we heard rumors just like we are hearing now. They are just rumors... My job was to go to best buy Verizon sprint att radio Shack and staples. I trained employee's and managers and handed out swag (stuff we all get). It might have been another me lol gassing your head up. Truth is ONLY a select few know some real details. I was showed a few leaks from real blackberry members that came down to train us but was never giving dates or any good details... I guess it's a waiting game
    01-11-13 07:35 PM
    Glad to hear that they will be conducting roadshows. I think it's very important that RIM does some roadshows/events for ground staff (in-store sales staff). Bring them in. Demo your product, show all these gestures, let them play with the phone. Get them excited!

Dev events have been great. RIM has already made deals with carriers (meaning, RIM already talked to executives/managers, got them excited). RIM has already been talking to media/tech bloggers. Now, RIM needs to schoomze ground-level staff (via invite-only roadshows/events) and reach out to end-users (via mainstream advertising, social media etc.)
    That is the main part of the job... Get staff excited and wanting to sell ur product
    01-11-13 07:36 PM
    Where in Calgary was this?
    01-11-13 07:51 PM
    What was the reaction amongst the staff? Was it received well? Anyone saying good or bad things after the rep left? Did he pass the phones around for a real hands on experience?
    flyingsolid and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-11-13 08:56 PM
    Today at my store in Calgary a RIM employee came in to talk to the cell phone sale people, with him were 3 Dev Betas. He showed the sales people a few things like the time shift camera, the peek and flow and hub. It was interesting because he wanted to show it to the cell sales associates, but he also wanted to show it to the store manager and the department manager.

At the end of the demo he told the cell associates that there will be a Road Show January 28th with more details to follow ( which I will be attempting to attend, and will give any details I can ).
    The most interesting part was I asked him if he knew when BB10 would be released, he said he was told but could not say. I then asked if it would be Feb. 14, he didn't say anything. Then I said Feb 4th to which he just smiled, I got the feeling from his reaction that it would be around the 4th.
    Just my 2 cents, take that for whats its worth.
    Leaked documents form Bell shows they are releasing BB10 on February 28, so he might've been smiling because you were getting colder.
    01-11-13 09:05 PM
    Buddy I use to work for "rim" kinda.... I was hired by a 3rd party to represent BlackBerry in FL, We did not have any info, we heard rumors just like we are hearing now. They are just rumors... My job was to go to best buy Verizon sprint att radio Shack and staples. I trained employee's and managers and handed out swag (stuff we all get). It might have been another me lol gassing your head up. Truth is ONLY a select few know some real details. I was showed a few leaks from real blackberry members that came down to train us but was never giving dates or any good details... I guess it's a waiting game
    Although there are a lot of reps that are 3rd party that come into my store there are also many that are from the actual company. In this case I would say he was a legit rep, for one he got his Dev phones from Waterloo, and secondly the Road shows that he was promoting normally are with the company, all the ones that i have gone to have been from the company with the reps that came into the stores. 3rd party reps would normally not promote a road show that they would not be a part of.

Where in Calgary was this?
    Beacon Hills, Sacree trail nw and stoney

Leaked documents form Bell shows they are releasing BB10 on February 28, so he might've been smiling because you were getting colder.
    This may be the case but the screen that was in the picture is of an inventory system that Best Buy and Future Shop both use. And those street dates are not set in stone, as an example a street date for a new release movie or video game might be on there but then changed when the vendor changes it. My guess for that date is that its the end of the month and it wouldn't be far off if they were to change it in the system.

What was the reaction amongst the staff? Was it received well? Anyone saying good or bad things after the rep left? Did he pass the phones around for a real hands on experience?
    Some of the staff seemed interested. The time shift camera feature was well received. Overall I would say people were into the product.
    01-12-13 12:24 AM